Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick up-date.

Ordered: 10/2
Confirmed: 10/6
Went into Production: 11/21
Contacted DS on 11/29 and they said the Thanksgiving break didn't delay production times and production was completed (however Tesla page still shows ..."in production").
Tentative 12/21 delivery to NOVA still stands.

Reactions: Olds442
Just a quick up-date.

Ordered: 10/2
Confirmed: 10/6
Went into Production: 11/21
Contacted DS on 11/29 and they said the Thanksgiving break didn't delay production times and production was completed (however Tesla page still shows ..."in production").
Tentative 12/21 delivery to NOVA still stands.

i ordered a few days before you (but i'm in socal). Mine went to production on 11/20 and I received the car this past tues 11/28. It was actually available for pickup the day before but i couldn't make it. hang in there.

Reactions: Valence and Gt1948
This is very interesting. Ordered 10/9, 75D, Chicago pickup, still not in production. I thought at this point perhaps that orders on the east coast may be first, to ensure delivery before the end of the quarter, but seeing your socal order also in production already threw me a curve ball. I'm starting to get concerned. Also... My DS was supposed to contact me yesterday or today. No call.

This is very interesting. Ordered 10/9, 75D, Chicago pickup, still not in production. I thought at this point perhaps that orders on the east coast may be first, to ensure delivery before the end of the quarter, but seeing your socal order also in production already threw me a curve ball. I'm starting to get concerned. Also... My DS was supposed to contact me yesterday or today. No call.
Didn't your DS say late Nov/first week of Dec? What's got you nervous already?

Didn't your DS say late Nov/first week of Dec? What's got you nervous already?

A combination of things. First, the redirection of resources from S and X to 3 was an indication that there may be a delay. But the logistics of global deliveries, and how production would be scheduled to maximize deliveries within a single quarter made sense. But in my readings of these forums recently, the domestic deliveries do not seem to be following this pattern.

You are correct, my DS originally indicated a production time of late November or early December. We are now in early December, and I am still not in production. Additionally, emails from my DS are now already extending my delivery date from December 20 (as originally planned), to Dec 22nd. Couple that with the time requirements of production, and logistics of delivery, impending holidays, and I would say that does cause a certain amount of concern. In general, it wouldn't be a big deal, but with the EV tax credit on the line, one week delay could very well cost me $7,500.

I'm sure it will turn out fine, which is why I'm not panicked, merely concerned.

Reactions: atsnyr
A combination of things. First, the redirection of resources from S and X to 3 was an indication that there may be a delay. But the logistics of global deliveries, and how production would be scheduled to maximize deliveries within a single quarter made sense. But in my readings of these forums recently, the domestic deliveries do not seem to be following this pattern.

You are correct, my DS originally indicated a production time of late November or early December. We are now in early December, and I am still not in production. Additionally, emails from my DS are now already extending my delivery date from December 20 (as originally planned), to Dec 22nd. Couple that with the time requirements of production, and logistics of delivery, impending holidays, and I would say that does cause a certain amount of concern. In general, it wouldn't be a big deal, but with the EV tax credit on the line, one week delay could very well cost me $7,500.

I'm sure it will turn out fine, which is why I'm not panicked, merely concerned.

I read that for many people their Manage page doesn't update and at times they receive the car but their Manage page still says scheduled for production or in production. I think it's very rare for a car to be delivered later then the time the DS gives you. Its happened before from what I've been reading but 95% of the time it looks like Tesla meets their delivery dates. With the exception of the model 3.

Website is now showing "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Learn about your Tesla."

I wonder if the 24th like I was told before is getting moved up?

I purchased on October 22 and confirmed on Oct 25 ... And I have a delivery date from my DS for The week of December 18.. you ordered almost 2 weeks before me and we are both on the east coast so I would think you would receive yours before mine. I think your delivery date will most likely move up to next week or week after.

Reactions: branndonbriggs
I purchased on October 22 and confirmed on Oct 25 ... And I have a delivery date from my DS for The week of December 18.. you ordered almost 2 weeks before me and we are both on the east coast so I would think you would receive yours before mine. I think your delivery date will most likely move up to next week or week after.
or both your cars are on the same truck, and you get them at the same time? just a theory.

If your concerned about missing the $7500 tax credit if you car moves to 2018, you can always do a paper delivery to make sure you "own" the car this year.