Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on manage page ... "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory."

Will they tell me if transit is via truck or train ? My delivery date is set between Dec 18 - 22 ... May be moved up?
Hey I’m in toronto also. Delivery date I was told was dec 21. Got a call on dec 1 saying car has arrived and I’m picking it up Monday dec 4. ;)

What do you mean by "paper delivery"?
Paper deliver means you pay and sign for the car before you get physical ownership of the car. You accept responsibility for the car before you see/inspect it. To Tesla, the car is sold the day you sign the papers but technically your car needs to be “put in service” in 2017 to claim the EV credit. I am sure someone can explain the difference better than I can.

Paper deliver means you pay and sign for the car before you get physical ownership of the car. You accept responsibility for the car before you see/inspect it. To Tesla, the car is sold the day you sign the papers but technically your car needs to be “put in service” in 2017 to claim the EV credit. I am sure someone can explain the difference better than I can.
Thanks Snobun! I had read the rules on the tax credit and agree with you "put in service" is very different than the "legal transfer of ownership". Likely want to check with the IRS on how they define in service date before you can count on paper delivery.

"Put in service" means you hold the fob and can drive it (ie. use it as intended). Driving it in 2017 is IRS compliance. Anything else is a target for an audit. Suggesting paper-delivery here is being complicit to an IRS tax compliance problem.

• Informative
Reactions: flankspeed8
Aghhhh you are killing me.... Ordered Oct 26/Confirmed Oct 29th and mine still listed as "scheduled for production in our factory"....

I ordered on 11/8. I have a VIN and the site now says "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.". Since it appears the tax credit is going to stay around I'm considering bumping mine so it's marked as a 2018 build.

Here we are - Delivery appointment set for 12/9.

Car will be 'available' for pick up starting afternoon of Dec 6. We don't have the time to go get it - we will need a bank check for the $$ - we'er buying without financing.

It's 45 miles away though. . . is that far enough for home delivery?

Vin 2275XX - ordered 9/30, VIN 10/4 - Production 11/27 -

Here we are - Delivery appointment set for 12/9.

Car will be 'available' for pick up starting afternoon of Dec 6. We don't have the time to go get it - we will need a bank check for the $$ - we'er buying without financing.

It's 45 miles away though. . . is that far enough for home delivery?

Vin 2275XX - ordered 9/30, VIN 10/4 - Production 11/27 -
I thought Tesla gives the option to pay directly from your account. Having said that, I myself is not comfortable doing that. I would be taking the money order and will handover when I go through the car and get the keys :)

since my OA is really busy helping others, i called the location i'm taking delivery of the vehicle at. they said the car should be done tomorrow but a delivery date hadn't been set up yet. so it looks like wed or thurs i guess, he said he's going to call me back later today. with a delivery appt. since i work from home it will be whenever they can fit me in. kinda stoked is the understatement of the century.

Congrats to all the new owners taking delivery this week!
I'm happy to say as a second-time owner, that I will also be taking delivery this week.
I bid my first Tesla farewell this weekend and it was very sad, but going to a good guy from the TMC forums.

I'm still in mourning, but slowly transitioning to excitement for the new one.

New colors. New features. New range. New acceleration.

I ordered on 11/8. I have a VIN and the site now says "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.". Since it appears the tax credit is going to stay around I'm considering bumping mine so it's marked as a 2018 build.

Final tax bill still has to be reconciled, voted on and signed... it's hard to say what will make it to the final revision from the Senate and house bills... Senate preserves EV tax credit, House eliminates it. Until it's signed into law, and the EV tax credit is preserved, I'm taking nothing for granted.