Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went through my car today, tesla really stepped up their fit and finish, could not find anything wrong, except slight misalignment of window trim.
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg

Just picked up my new MS75D today! Here are my delivery stats from the google tracking spreadsheet:

Confirmed 9/27/17
Days from conf to prod start: 50
Days in prod: 8
Days from prod end to delivery: 11
Days from confirmation to delivery: 70

Delivery went very well. Hope you all have a great experience!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 10.23.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 10.23.01 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 55
So here it goes folks....

I ordered my car the last day (10/31) of eligibility for the 1k off referral discount. My MS75D was confirmed on 11/4 and was tentatively scheduled for delivery for the week of December 21st.

Unbeknownst to me, I have a severe case of Teslanxiety and literally harassed my DS for updates every 2-3 days. Unfortunately, there really wasn't any new information to be had so by the end of last week I started to lose it. Truth be told, it was all you guys bragging about your cars being in production that really put me over the edge.

So this weekend, I had my DS send me a list of several discounted inventory cars. By Monday, I just threw in the towel and switched my order to a test driven MS 100D with 987 miles. That's it , just like that all the suffering and anxiety were gone. Or almost....

Now I'm scheduled to pick up my car on Monday 12/11 after the store in Springfield NJ gets done detailing it and stuff.

But for all you guys wondering about delivery timelines, my DS notified me later on Monday, that my original order was already finished production and scheduled to go on a truck literally the next day. So in the end I'm not really getting my car any sooner than I would have. Seems like my timeline from confirmation until would have been delivery was around 5 weeks. Hope this helps you guys who are still waiting.

Peace out and sorry for carrying on........

So I ordered early November, 7th I think, Confirmed on the 10th, and it sat/sits in the "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory" status now. My DS never responds to me, so I reached out to the rep who first emailed me who is also local to Houston. My DS's number is in another state. I asked for a different DS with the rep from Houston, and she says let's give him another chance. Magically I hear from my DS. he tells me the car is estimated to have a delivery date of 12/27, potentially earlier. I have a couple of other questions, and of course, no response. I email the Houston rep again, and she is able to tell me that the car is to finish production around 12/11, and be in Houston about a week later on 12/18.

So I'm happy it's soon, but my DS sucks.

Reactions: Cheesy23
So I ordered early November, 7th I think, Confirmed on the 10th, and it sat/sits in the "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory" status now. My DS never responds to me, so I reached out to the rep who first emailed me who is also local to Houston. My DS's number is in another state. I asked for a different DS with the rep from Houston, and she says let's give him another chance. Magically I hear from my DS. he tells me the car is estimated to have a delivery date of 12/27, potentially earlier. I have a couple of other questions, and of course, no response. I email the Houston rep again, and she is able to tell me that the car is to finish production around 12/11, and be in Houston about a week later on 12/18.

So I'm happy it's soon, but my DS sucks.
I have same experience as you, my guess is they're super busy with deliveries. Also, imagine getting tons of daily emails with a subject line: "is my Tesla ready yet?"

Reactions: Gt1948