Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When is your production date ? i've email and called my DS , he said no words from production team yet but i should still be on schedule for December 27th !!!! I'm beyond excited , all financed are completed.

BTW do you guys know how to get that red ribbon on top of the car haha i see some people have it on their Model S during delivery . It would be nice to have it .
I asked about the ribbon and was told they have one at delivery for people to take pictures with...

I asked about the ribbon and was told they have one at delivery for people to take pictures with...
Thanks !!!
website showed that it went in production on Dec16.....
That's same date as mine ! I just got a call from the DS my car will be ready to pickup on December 23rd now !!!!!!! OMGGGG
So much joy and excitement !!!! It was scheduled for 27th but i asked him can i pick up sooner.
He checked the calendar and said 2 people have moved their pickup date . SO i get to pick up 4days sooner !!!!!!
Fremont here i come this Saturday !!!!!!! Sorry for the !!!! i'm just too excited

Reactions: atsnyr
Thanks !!!

That's same date as mine ! I just got a call from the DS my car will be ready to pickup on December 23rd now !!!!!!! OMGGGG
So much joy and excitement !!!! It was scheduled for 27th but i asked him can i pick up sooner.
He checked the calendar and said 2 people have moved their pickup date . SO i get to pick up 4days sooner !!!!!!
Fremont here i come this Saturday !!!!!!! Sorry for the !!!! i'm just too excited
Congrats. that's awesome. may i know the first name of your DS? not sure if we are the same.....

Thanks !!!

btw, does your page still show in production?

Well today was the big day for me. Took delivery of my MS P100D and didn't have a single issue to report. Everything looked good and the process was very smooth. Spent a little over an hour talking through the car and looking over everything and waiting for the FedEx guy to show up with the temp tags.

Only bad part of the whole experience was dropping it off at the detailer to get the XPEL Ultimate wrap, ceramic coating and window tinting done. With the holiday and everything they are expecting it may be almost a week before I can actually get the car back to play with.

So I had my 20 minutes of pure bliss to drive it from the Tesla store to the detailer and back to my ICE for the next week while I wait.

IMG_2469.JPG IMG_3418.JPG IMG_4105.JPG IMG_9590.JPG

I'm bummed. DS called yesterday and said the car has arrived, but was damaged in transport--looks like a couple of prongs rubbed on the rear bumper and made two dime-sized holes in the paint and bumper. No structural damage, but they're scrambling to find a bumper and qualified paint shop.

No telling when I'll actually get the car now, but they promised to "deliver" it before the end of the year so I can get the tax credit, even if I have to turn right around and leave it for service.

Picked up my S75D yesterday from new Marina Del Rey delivery center! It was perfect! Drove it the 30 miles home to garage, got in to take family for ride and tire low pressure message comes on. Thought it was a bad sensor, but no. Sure enough there was a screw in right rear tire. Only 40 miles on tire. Roadside service came at midnight traded out wheels in 10 minutes. Very efficient. Other than that, super excited!

I'm bummed. DS called yesterday and said the car has arrived, but was damaged in transport--looks like a couple of prongs rubbed on the rear bumper and made two dime-sized holes in the paint and bumper. No structural damage, but they're scrambling to find a bumper and qualified paint shop.

No telling when I'll actually get the car now, but they promised to "deliver" it before the end of the year so I can get the tax credit, even if I have to turn right around and leave it for service.
Update: Got back to me the next day and said they have a new, unpainted rear bumper in stock; have the car and part at a certified paint shop now, and SHOULD have it to me in a week (29 Dec), what with the weekend and Christmas and all. We'll see....

Reactions: Olds442 and PrGrPa
Well, I went to pick it up at around 5:15pm. Springfield Tesla was busy as heck, apparently doing 17 deliveries per day. Since I agreed to pick it up earlier, car was not detailed as much as it normally would be. Other than some very light scratches (rushed cleaning job), the car was awesome! I did not go through a checklist of any kind, just whatever my DS (John was great) was showing/teaching me, took just a couple of pics and left an hour later. My drive home was only 5 minutes, glorious 5 minutes.

Few observations:
- I was surprised that Summon feature was available to me with EAP, I thought I needed FSD upgrade for that.
- Firmware was v8.1 (2017.46.8) and I had a msg to upgrade it. I'll check later today if update went through.
- Glad I went with cream interior.
- Gen 2 UMC only uses 32Amps giving me 23 miles/hr instead of 29 I was expecting.
- Car looks huge in my garage (compared to my Acura TL), be careful with garage doors if you plan on opening the trunk!
- So many options and settings to play with!
- Web browser sucks
- It's a spaceship

It's staying in the garage for now, at least till I get paint protection on. Have an appointment with Signature Detailing for tomorrow morning and getting it back on Saturday.

View attachment 267951

at home:
View attachment 267952
View attachment 267954
That's Awesome!

I ordered 10/15, car into production on 12/8, and was scheduled for delivery 12/21 in Oregon. It seems Tesla is having some logistics problems since delivery has now been pushed to 12/27. Our DS mentioned that he has had to make several calls today informing others that their cars won't be ready either. :(

Our delivery has been rescheduled again! Now we are scheduled for 12/29. Hopefully. This delivery process is frustrating.

its worth the wait guys/gals! i've had my car a couple weeks now and even though it is going back to have a list of things fixed in January (mine is a cpo) i don't mind one bit. they are awesome cars to drive.

at night i want to sit in the garage and just stare at it, but that would be weird.
so i gaze from the mudroom door.

and congrats to the new owners up there!

I finally picked up my MS 75D yesterday from the Springfield showroom and the entire process was smooth and very professional. No build issues, car was prepped nicely (Opti-Coat looks amazing - and I got allot of complements from the Tesla folks onsite). The detailer showed me one paint defect on the litigate that I'm totally ok with. Over all I am extremely pleased with the entire process.

I drove the car yesterday and put on over 100 miles so far, here are my initial observations...

• This is not a car, it is truly a spaceship, ride/drive is unreal!
  • Autopilot is amazing.
  • Took it to Supercharge, wow it charges very fast, I found myself rushing from the Starbucks to get back to the car to avoid any idling fees.
  • Car is not as big as I had thought (was concerned fitting into my garage, no issues).
  • Slacker Radio is not that bad, yes it buffered sometimes but that due the cell coverage in my area so I'm ok with it so far.
  • The backup camera is probably my favorite feature (leaving it on while driving is awesome!).
  • Glass roof is beautiful!
  • Going to need to be a bit more aware with the white interior seats but I don't regret getting them just yet :)
Word of advice to others with garages....when your car is in the garage and you want to check to see if your lift gate will open fully in your garage - yes it does BUT be aware when you open the garage door with the lift gate open, I found out the hard way :( (lesson learned).

I'm off to drive it some more......

Attachments

• 20171226_172054439_iOS.jpg
    20171226_172054439_iOS.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20171226_172207140_iOS.jpg
    20171226_172207140_iOS.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 20171226_202232534_iOS.jpg
    20171226_202232534_iOS.jpg
    1,016.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20171226_210655138_iOS.jpg
    20171226_210655138_iOS.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 90
Delivered cars look great! We took delivery of a 75D this past Saturday, and things went great. No unveiling with a sheet, but we had a bow! The wife took the great picture here that was almost perfect if she could have fit the "A" from the wall into the frame. There were a couple of panels misaligned ever so slightly, but not bad enough to make a fuss over. I am the type of car owner that buys a new car every 2-3 years. This car is so cool, so amazing, and so fun. It gives you comfort when you want it, it gives you some get up and go when you want it, and it gives it to you all at the same time.

IMG_1668.jpg