Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must be riding in the slow lane, that was a sprint to the finish for you; from "in production" to "completed" almost overnight. It will be approximately 2 months from date ordered to date delivered. I am very happy for you. Now if only you could get two day FedEx delivery on a MS.
LOL, PJP1532, I will tell you that about 3 weeks ago, I happened to speak to a very nice young man in Fremont, at corporate and asked him some "in general" questions about ordering, production, etc. and he was kind enough to look my order up for me and what he told me was that "production end" was Feb. 19th. I was stunned and shocked, especially
Our ordered confirmed on 1/10 and just got the ‘in production’ message on my account today 2/11. I know it’s only been a month but felt like 6 lol. What’s the average time I have left you’d say.
UPDATE: The ds info was outdated, my Tesla account is accurate...
Wonderful!!! Sorry about my last post. My computer randomly sends things before I finish typing them and when it does that, the things I typed disappear and I figured my entire post was deleted and didn't send. I hate this stupid computer. Congrats

Reactions: HA3AP
It sure is bittersweet to see people who ordered a month after have their cars go into production before me. Has anyone been able to correlate what features / locations get their cars made first?

sigh i feel your pain..

Ordered 1/13 Confirmed 1/16...

No Vin...
My tesla still says:
Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.

*sigh*

I ordered a fully loaded MS P100D will all the options minus the rear child seats.

But i think someone speculated possibly the sunroof maybe causing the delay?

sigh i feel your pain..

No Vin...
My tesla still says:
Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.

*sigh*

I ordered a fully loaded MS P100D will all the options minus the rear child seats.

Same order/confirmed date as me, and - like you - I still haven't received my VIN.

I also ordered a sunroof (75D) and PUP, but I think the reason why we haven't seen progress is because we can receive our cars from the factory in a matter of hours/single day, whereas out of state folks need their vehicles completed > shipped earlier to make up for the shipping times.

Reactions: HA3AP
sigh i feel your pain..

No Vin...
My tesla still says:

*sigh*

Could be your physical location. Orders further away are produced first in order to hit similar delivery timeline...

I’m in the Palm Beach County area and if anyone in the SoFL area are expecting to take delivery in Dania Beach they are almost there! New turbines and a model 3.

Attachments

• 7FEA2275-9918-45D9-ADF9-F9BC14769EBF.png
    7FEA2275-9918-45D9-ADF9-F9BC14769EBF.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • F30C7E2D-BC5F-4A1B-90C6-89ED4D1A95AA.png
    F30C7E2D-BC5F-4A1B-90C6-89ED4D1A95AA.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • 7A2578B8-B09C-45B9-ABCA-250791126485.png
    7A2578B8-B09C-45B9-ABCA-250791126485.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
Still lagging for my CA order.

75D order confirmation on 11/15 and still not in production. My DS states that there is no specific part that is delaying the production but that production is "fluid". It is very frustrating that I am seeing people who ordered significantly later than me already getting delivery. Feels like those of us who have opted for the factory delivery are getting screwed.

75D order confirmation on 11/15 and still not in production. My DS states that there is no specific part that is delaying the production but that production is "fluid". It is very frustrating that I am seeing people who ordered significantly later than me already getting delivery. Feels like those of us who have opted for the factory delivery are getting screwed.
My order was confirmed a day before yours the vehicle has been built and is now in transport, like I mentioned before I think they push “local” builds to a later date, I’m from Toronto Canada and transportation will take 3 to 4 weeks hence why they’re built earlier to maintain similar custom order time frames, hope this helps...

My order was confirmed a day before yours the vehicle has been built and is now in transport, like I mentioned before I think they push “local” builds to a later date, I’m from Toronto Canada and transportation will take 3 to 4 weeks hence why they’re built earlier to maintain similar custom order time frames, hope this helps...

Did they mean November or January?

Last edited:

If you really ordered in November, something is definitely fishy about your order.
I live near the factory, and ordered on 1/13 and just got my VIN, meaning they I’ll probably take delivery mid March.