Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks much, guys! It's just a phenomenal car. I'm still in awe of what Tesla has pulled off! The tech in there is simply outstanding. The hardworking and brilliant employees deserve the big bash they are getting right now and the day off tomorrow.

Swweeet! I almost came today too so I could see you get yours (+ another tour, just can't get enough ..silly engineer)
So is the 60 quicker than the #'s they published? I bet it is.

congrats

Congrats GG on your beautiful new Green S! Enjoy your drives over this long weekend. Also thanks for sharing the pickup check list! I picked up my 60KwH last Wed at the factory and have been enjoying every minute in the car these past 3 days. Thanks to everyone on this forum for making my 3.5 year wait a bit easier to bear!

#P1796 VIN 3575

Congratulations GG! Sorry we missed each other at the factory. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Tesla Model S P3078 Delivered!
I went to the Tesla factory today and took a tour, then took delivery of my new Model S. It came fully charged, ready to go 220 miles. I pulled out of the factory and upon getting on 880, promptly pressed the accelerator and was above 60 before I knew it. Man, if I'm not watching, I can easily go faster than I think I am, really is different compared to an ICE. After giving rides to my best friend, Dad, Mom, Grandpa and Grandma, Aunt, Uncle and brother, and even a couple neighbors (who I spent some Tesla Time with), my car was down to 110 miles rated remaining available. It is now plugged in and sipping happily at electricity. Today was a great day, after 703 days waiting, it is now day 1 of a brand new experience! I can truly say that Tesla makes the car of the future, today!
2013-01-19_12-16.JPG
2013-01-19_17-13-16.jpg

Congratulations GG! Sorry we missed each other at the factory. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Tesla Model S P3078 Delivered!

Congrats, David! I think I spotted you in blue just turning onto Industrial and Fremont Blvd from Kato Rd with a Volt behind you (probably someone who drove you to the factory). We got a bit late getting there but, were just in time for the tour to start.

Congrats 60s. I'm looking forward to joining you on Monday.

I'd like to hear more about battery charging and range in a more appropriate thread. I'm sure you will have some good data with all the rides you will be giving this weekend!
David mentioned 220 miles? interesting.

Sidenote: Not suprising, but still interesting -- your handle change revised history. (Your old posts show your new name.) Unless you changed your handle before 12/21/2012 and I just didn't notice...

I would expect that, just as an avatar change would also change in your old posts.

Right. The handle, avatar, signature and such are probably being pulled from the database just-in-time for display purposes and embossed on all posts, old and new.

Thanks to the TMC admins who proactively made it happen minutes after I went from wanting to getting the car :)