Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update!

Ordered 20 Dec
Confirmed 24 Dec
VIN received 24 Jan
In Production 08 Feb
In Transit 14 Feb
Delivery Appoint 24 Feb in Orlando

Model S 75D, Blue Metallic, Cream Interior, EAP, PUP.

Oh and forgot to mention I also picked up a referral some where along the line, likely from my OA.

Oh, gotcha! Nice! I love the blue color. It's really pretty. I also considered the red AFTER I had ordered the Obsidian Black but didn't want to pay the premium for changing after ordering. In my opinion, there really shouldn't be a fee for changing the COLOR of the car until closer to production, but I decided to pass since I am not positive about being happy with red. I KNOW I'll be happy with the Obsidian Black, so I'm good. I also like the white interior. At first, before I placed my order, I was getting the black interior.....then spoke to Adam in Fremont at length about all of the options etc. and after speaking to him, I was convinced I wanted the white. I am looking forward to it. I can't wait to see both of your new cars! Congratulations!

I did the same thing. I ordered Obsidian, then a day after it confirmed I started thinking red. I've gone back and forth the last few weeks, knowing it would cost me $1,000 to change to red.

Last night on the way home from work I saw a black Tesla. Not sure if black or obsidian, too dark to tell. Anyway, the black looked so unbelievably fantastic that I knew on the spot that black is the right color for me. I'm sticking with obsidian.

Reactions: DMack
I just got a call from DS who informed me that my car will enter production approx. Feb 23-Feb 26th. Tenative delivery date of March 23. Will travel by train so it will be plus or minus on the delivery date.
I think he called more to advise me to start setting up financing in that 30 day window.
No update on web site or email from Tesla, just a phone call.

I just got a call from DS who informed me that my car will enter production approx. Feb 23-Feb 26th. Tenative delivery date of March 23. Will travel by train so it will be plus or minus on the delivery date.
I think he called more to advise me to start setting up financing in that 30 day window.
My DS emailed me yesterday with a similar message. She said she would call to help me "very soon" to setup financing, insurance, etc. No mention of delivery window on my end though.

Congrats on getting a tentative delivery date!
Does a month seem like a long time for delivery? I guess I figured it would only take a week or two, even to VA.

I did the same thing. I ordered Obsidian, then a day after it confirmed I started thinking red. I've gone back and forth the last few weeks, knowing it would cost me $1,000 to change to red.

Last night on the way home from work I saw a black Tesla. Not sure if black or obsidian, too dark to tell. Anyway, the black looked so unbelievably fantastic that I knew on the spot that black is the right color for me. I'm sticking with obsidian.
That's great! I know you will love it! I just heard from DS today. My Model S has an ETA of Feb 23rd!!! They want me to take delivery on Feb. 27th and I am so excited!!!! Your post convinces me Obsidian Black is THE COLOR for me! Thanks for the response and the confirmation!

That's great! I know you will love it! I just heard from DS today. My Model S has an ETA of Feb 23rd!!! They want me to take delivery on Feb. 27th and I am so excited!!!! Your post convinces me Obsidian Black is THE COLOR for me! Thanks for the response and the confirmation!
Congrats that’s awesome! I’m looking at first week of March delivery in Toronto! Although my Tesla has been built for four days already, as per my ds it has yet to depart the factory, probably waiting for more vehicles to get loaded

Reactions: CBPfromTN
How much was it? What kind of work was performed? Thanks...

My 200 amp service box happens to be in the garage but in order to make space for a 50 amp (240v) dedicated circuit they had to condense 4 of my existing circuit breakers by doubling them up with tandem breakers. Then they ran a number 6 cable up from the box into the garage attic then across to the opposite wall and then down to where I wanted the plug installed. I am a little anal about my garage and I could have saved some money if they didn't need so much cable; the number 6 cable is very expensive. The electrician suggested a couple alternate plug sites, but with the layout of my garage I didn't want the charging cable strung out on the floor across our traffic path. Sooner our later someone walking through the garage to the house door or to the service door or taking out the garbage would certainly trip. So The plug is now strategically located for the driver and out of the way for everyone else. Cost was $740.

Reactions: CBPfromTN and HA3AP
Hi folks. New.

I placed my order around 7 Dec 2018. Got my confirmation on 12/12. VIN arrived in early January, but I did not catch the exact date. Today, I finally got this update from my DS:

As of now, your car is in the pre-production stage. The most up to date ETA that the factory is giving me for when your Tesla will complete production is set for Mid-February. I’ll have a more accurate ETA once your car has entered the final stages of production. This will give us a delivery window around the very end of February or early March. If there are any unforeseen weather delays that will keep us from delivering your car on this date, I will let you know in advance.​

If that ends up correct, it’s about 3 months for delivery of a Model S to Salt Lake City. I hope that helps anyone else who is going through the extreme itchiness that one undergoes after finally placing their order...

— Ted Scarlett

Feb 15, 2018: "Your Tesla is currently in production."

2 months, and 7 days later...yet somehow it feels like I'm 6 years old on Christmas Eve...

Reactions: CBPfromTN and HA3AP
I received an email from my DS this morning indicating my Model S is tentatively scheduled for delivery the week of March 18. Official status on the account page is still confirmed and scheduled for production.

Ordered 1/12
Confirmed 1/15
Received VIN 2/8

75d, solid black, premium black interior, carbon fiber, 21 inch wheels, PUP, enhanced autopilot. Destination Rocklin CA.

I was playing around with the Design Studio, and it's not apparent that any customization options affect the estimated time frame. Maybe it's literally just location?
It’s always the location, vehicles that are traveling the furthest are produced first and then in sequence all the way to California, doing this they control the flow of units needed for quarterly reporting, hope this helps!