Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have good news and bad news - the good news is that Lee called and said that my car will be ready to be delivered on Monday AM (from the Chicago center). The bad news is that I can't take delivery until Thursday due to work! AHHH, the anticipation is going to kill me!!!

Update on VIN #4270: Thursday, DS said my car was on its way to MD and would I please call him; Friday, talked with him (triple-checking my info) and he repeated that it's on its way to Maryland. :) He has me down for Rockville SC pick-up. Previously, he'd said he would try to get me a home delivery, but I didn't ask; I figure it's still possible, but I'm waffling a bit now. ;-)

I got the final MVPA this evening and they countersigned at 11 PM (8 PM CA time). It claims 50 miles on the odometer (I expect fewer) and delivery on/about Feb. 8th. My window had been 28th - 11th, so that's not bad--I was out this past week anyway. Interesting to see all the NoVA/MD folks commenting in the past several days. I'm tempted to call the UPS # someone posted, yet I don't know that I feel comfortable pretending to be the DS.

If it arrives Friday, though, I hope I get it in the morning. My brother arrives early afternoon, and it would be sweet to pick him up in a brand spanking new Tesla Model S! LOL!

As the Pointer Sisters sing, I'M SO EXCITED! :-D

Update on VIN #4270:

If it arrives Friday, though, I hope I get it in the morning. My brother arrives early afternoon, and it would be sweet to pick him up in a brand spanking new Tesla Model S! LOL!

As a heads up, I was told earliest pickup is 24 hours after arrival at service center to allow prepping/ inspection of car. Per UPS, mine could come today and I'm hoping Tempus might post if he sees my Gray/tan vin 3983 when (s)he goes in today:wink:

Call in sick :redface:

Agree with MTGMAN. Do yourself/your boss a favor because you won't be able to get any work done if you don't. :wink:

Can't do that - my work partner who usually could do this is on vacation - can't have everything come to a standstill over this. Besides, I have called in sick only once in 15 years and no one would believe me since they saw my Tesla grin all day Friday :smile:

Got a very pleasant surprise.
My delivery window is 2/16 to 3/1.
I got a call yesterday assigning a vin# and said the car will be ready to pick up in 2 weeks. I was very excited that I was going to get the car by 2/14 (2 days before the start of the delivery window).

This morning I got more good news. I got a call saying the car is ready for pickup tomorrow!!!
Very happy and am completely caught off-guard. I haven't cleaned up the garage and don't have the NEMA 14-50 installed.

Tomorrow!! How come they are making me wait a week??? Well...I guess your reservation number is ahead of mine...barely.

I (p#6116 vin 4007) picked up my 60kwh blue model s yesterday from the Rockville service center. My DS jamee was absolutely fantastic. Yesterday was the first time in a year that I did not view one of the forums. There is nothing new that I can say about this truly amazing car. Hang in there guys it is well worth the wait. I would advise that if you plan to get rid of your ICE vehicle do it before you take delivery of your model s. I have a 2009 Camry hybrid gathering dust as I have no desire to even drive it to car max to be sold. Huge Tesla grin here.

VIN 3719. The eagle has landed.

Nitpicks?? Let's see, just a small vibrating sound when driving on the freeway at high speed. Can feel it through the steering wheel too. Is that normal? Or am I just hearing/feeling stuff I can't in an ICE due to the engine noise? I am thinking its a wheel alignment issue, so might check that out if after a few more spins it begins to bug.

Maybe wheel/tire balance

I have good news and bad news - the good news is that Lee called and said that my car will be ready to be delivered on Monday AM (from the Chicago center). The bad news is that I can't take delivery until Thursday due to work! AHHH, the anticipation is going to kill me!!!

Still trying to figure out the Tesla delivery enigma. My P# and VIN are both lower than yours, but was told my car wouldn't be ready to pick up until Tuesday. Nonetheless, I'll give your car a hug for you.

I (p#6116 vin 4007) picked up my 60kwh blue model s yesterday from the Rockville service center. My DS jamee was absolutely fantastic. Yesterday was the first time in a year that I did not view one of the forums. There is nothing new that I can say about this truly amazing car. Hang in there guys it is well worth the wait. I would advise that if you plan to get rid of your ICE vehicle do it before you take delivery of your model s. I have a 2009 Camry hybrid gathering dust as I have no desire to even drive it to car max to be sold. Huge Tesla grin here.

Congrats! I should be getting mine there (or perhaps home delivery) at the end of the week. Glad to hear it's a good experience at the Rockville SC!

I can't get rid of my car prematurely--need to get to/from work! ;-) But yeah I could see my Miata sitting around for a while till I get rid of it. Shoot, I need to get the driver-side window (won't roll down all the way) fixed...I'm guessing no one would buy it with that not working, a major pain at any automated parking garage.