Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S 100D Std Black - Minneapolis

Ordered: 03/19/2018
Confirmed: 03/22/2018
VIN: 2571**

@JohnD-Florida - Looks like we have very close orderdate/VIN sequence.

Just yesterday - I switched to an inventory car $6K off with 1000 miles. The inventory car has new MCU and lighted vanity mirror. So net price was $2k less than my original order + I got a another color and leather interior.

Revised VIN: 243xxx, built in March.

Is this a good deal? Am I leaving something on the table ?

• Love
Reactions: Red5StandingBy
Just yesterday - I switched to an inventory car $6K off with 1000 miles. The inventory car has new MCU and lighted vanity mirror. So net price was $2k less than my original order + I got a another color and leather interior.

Revised VIN: 243xxx, built in March.

Is this a good deal? Am I leaving something on the table ?

Did you get anything else different by switching? Like PUP? How did you even go about doing that?

Did you get anything else different by switching? Like PUP? How did you even go about doing that?

I didn’t know what PUP meant, until I looked it up. Looks like it is premium upgrades features. I didn’t get anything else. I got a break of $6k + blue color+cream leather in exchange for 1000 miles.

Can I add PUP on any car .? My Advisor didn’t mention of this upgrade. .

Can I add PUP on any car .? My Advisor didn’t mention of this upgrade. .

No, PUP has to be added when ordering. It adds considerable amount of hardware that cannot be added later on. It's not like EAP or FSP just a software thing.

PUP adds:
- Better audio, which includes a subwoofer in the trunk.
- Heated seats, heated steeringwheel
- BioWeapen Defense Mode (basically an air filter with carbon filter)

As far as I know that is all, and its all that is listed on the Tesla site when I configure a new car.

Last edited:
My Dealer says my car has reached Alabama by rail. Now waiting for a trailer coming to Tampa. Asked him to schedule pick on 12 May.

Also wanted to let everybody know and open to inputs on how much APR they were able to score if they financed their car. I got 2.5 for 72 months through Suncoast credit union in FL.

My Dealer says my car has reached Alabama by rail. Now waiting for a trailer coming to Tampa. Asked him to schedule pick on 12 May.

Also wanted to let everybody know and open to inputs on how much APR they were able to score if they financed their car. I got 2.5 for 72 months through Suncoast credit union in FL.

I was checking them out today and saw they have 2.25% for a Green car rate. Is the 2.5 you got the green rate or regular? Current Tesla rate is 2.99 so I’ll go with Suncoast if that disparity still exists when I get mine next month. let me know if it goes smoothly if you do end up with Suncoast please!

Same here - I probably refresh my account page 50x per day. We went with the premium cream interior

It gets worse when production is over, and it's put in transit. No changes in status until delivery. That's where I am now. :confused:

Instead, I'm watching the Order and Delivery Spreadsheet to see where others in my geographical area might be having their deliveries scheduled. That's not matching up with my initial delivery ETA, so I'm probably annoying my DS about updates.

All I know now is that it's probably still on the train to Birmingham, AL. Sounds like @007ak 's arrived there yesterday. Mine came out of prod two days after 007ak's, but no word on when mine will arrive in Birmingham.

It gets worse when production is over, and it's put in transit. No changes in status until delivery. That's where I am now. :confused:

Instead, I'm watching the Order and Delivery Spreadsheet to see where others in my geographical area might be having their deliveries scheduled. That's not matching up with my initial delivery ETA, so I'm probably annoying my DS about updates.

All I know now is that it's probably still on the train to Birmingham, AL. Sounds like @007ak 's arrived there yesterday. Mine came out of prod two days after 007ak's, but no word on when mine will arrive in Birmingham.

Oh that's brutal....even more waiting! Hoping a deliver to Seattle will be quicker than the 615. Looking to go on a road trip in June and would be sweet to be able to take the new car.

Orderd 2/24,conf 2/27, vin on 3/24 entered production-4/19,finished production on 4/26, Current status Transit from Factory.
My DS scheduled 5/15 for delivery.I haven't bothered my DS much,but after seeing 007ak message,i will ping my ds to see if there are any update.

Orderd 2/24,conf 2/27, vin on 3/24 entered production-4/19,finished production on 4/26, Current status Transit from Factory.
My DS scheduled 5/15 for delivery.I haven't bothered my DS much,but after seeing 007ak message,i will ping my ds to see if there are any update.

Alsmost the same dates for me (except for prod ending on 4/24), and you are further east. Is yours coming through Birmingham then via truck as well? If yours is moved up, I would think mine should be as well. Just before mine went into prod, my DS was showing an estimated delivery of 5/18. Even after it went into transit last week, that date didn't change. Maybe both of ours will get bumped up to next week maybe!