Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla did not email you to inform you of the change?
Yes. They notified me that my order had been “UPGRADED” to the Oak and graphite. I responded with an email and my DS informed me that the cream would stay but the oak and graphite would be installed. I also called Tesla at the number on their email and they checked and said the car was so long in the production process that it would be built as ordered—Cream, Figured Ash, Brushed chrome trim! Don’t really care about anything but the cream interior because I do not want a dark interior in SW Florida! So I don’t know what we will get!!

I asked my DS about applying for financing today as that’s when I was told initially would be the time. (When your vehicle is done with production so you have a safe 30 day window)

I was told to wait until they have logistics information.... So what they are really telling me is I have over a month left before delivery?

I browsed through the last two years of post-production to delivery and its anywhere from 6 days to 21 days. Hmmmm.. Then I see others who are getting delivery dates right when their car starts production.. The mysterious world of Tesla....

Last edited:
Congrats! When did you get the "ready to ship" email from Tesla?
Hi Jeff,
The notice this morning was on the website. And it literally was the sentence, "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos."

This afternoon I got an email from my delivery advisor that said, "You should be in your Tesla within the first 2 weeks in June. Once it is on the final leg of its journey, I will reach out to solidify an appointment date!".

I see you ordered 3 weeks before me...I hope they are not being mean to Chicagoans! Or maybe it's those wheels...they do look great!

I’m so torn on how much to put down along with my trade. This will be my first car approaching 6 figures. My current Lexus was around $55k, I financed around $40k, I’m just debating whether I put down an additional $20-30k or just use my trade which is $25k and paid off. I’m wondering if what I put down will effect my interest rates. Would love 1.99% on 72!
Financially speaking it makes no sense to put more $ down with such a low interest rate. Way better to invest that $, have the liquidity on hand in case you need it, and just make larger payments.

Reactions: logan
Great rate - Where specifically did you get this rate? I know Tesla uses Chase but it's @ 2.99% right now.
I just went through Tesla. Forty percent down. I have an excellent FICO score, and two Visa cards (rarely use) issued through Chase. I don’t know which, if any of these affected the rate. I asked for 48 months but the offer was for 72. I’ll likely pay it off in 2-3 years.