Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Missing Due Bill Items

Yo, kendallpb;

You Said:
(That explains why my DES didn't know about the defrost thing. Re. lighted visors, I was told (again, by DES) that they're starting to come on new cars, but no retrofit/recall to get it, unlike what GeorgeB had said some months back. Ah well.

BTW these can't be on the due bill since you're talking about new/different things being rolled out, not things that are missing, IMHO. I ordered a shelf and it's not missing, so it's on the due bill. We hear rumours about lights or visors, that's not something missing that they was part of the car; they're redesigning to change these things, i.e., new cars will have them, methinks...whether they offer a retrofit, I hope but now am not expecting.

The defrost vent issue should be a recall notice, though--that's just a flaw they're figuring out a fix for. Not the same as visor lights--my Miata didn't have those, but my vents worked properly.)

================================================================

Here is why I think it should be on the DUE BILL.

GeorgeB's post in August of 2012 was pretty explicit:

"So just to be clear, all cars that get delivered are set up to have reading lights in 2nd row seats and Lighted Vanity Visors. Those that don’t have the latest and greatest when they receive their car can have these items retrofit at no additional cost."

Full Post Here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9490-Updated-Interior-Lighting/page17?p=169972#post169972

So if they are promised to all as part of the car should they not be on the DUE BILL as something still owed to the owner. I'm yet to see a retraction from him on this and he is the head cheese in these matters. I would expect to have these 2 items if dot with the new car then on my DUE BILL.

I got a call this morning from Whitney at the Dallas service center asking if I was ready to take delivery today. From that point forward I was completely unproductive with work and could not focus on anything. Not since being in class in high school have I ever watched a clock so closely. When I was about 30 minutes from delivery, I used the Uber app to splurge on a town car to take me the 10 miles because it was such a big and exciting event.

I grew up in a family that keeps cars at least 10 years. I'm 34 and the Tesla is my 30th car. I've worked very hard to be able to support my addiction, but it sadly got to the point where getting a new Range Rover, Mercedes SL65 AMG, and a Porsche Carrera S was fun but not something that kept me awake at night with anticipation in the days leading up to delivery. The Model S, however, put me right back to 16 when I drove away from home for the first time by myself as a newly-licensed driver. It is an absolute game changer. I can hardly even process the technology this car possesses. It would be a top-notch vehicle even if it was powered by gas with an ICE, but it is SO much more than that. As someone who has had it all and not easily impressed, this car has thrown me for a loop and is worth every last penny I spent on it. I'm writing this on my laptop on the sofa while glancing over at the charging progress of my car in the garage via the iPhone app. Are you kidding me?? It's total insanity. I just might get up in the middle of the night to drive the car because I can't wait until the morning. The last time that happened was when I was 19.

Here are some of the obligatory pics. Black/Black P85, with other details below in my signature. I reserved in July 2012 and ordered on 1/1/13. VIN #5185. Speechless.

(I'll try to figure out how to fix the sideways pics...)

Tesla1.JPG
Tesla2.JPG
Tesla3.JPG
Tesla4.JPG

Attachments

• Tesla4.JPG
    Tesla4.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 782
OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

I got my VIN # today!!!!!!!!!!!! 5431!!

It should leave the factory end of this week, and be in New York City end of next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't sleep and I can't concentrate on anything!!!!!!!!!!!

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

only the carbon fiber spoiler is on backorder until end March, my DS (julia) stated

Update from Tesla HQ: my car left the factory already, is currently in Arizona, due in New York (actually Springfield New Jersey) on the 20th!!!! Ahhhh I cannot sleep!!!!

Last edited:
Got my full VIN today via email. Had gotten last 4 via Tesla Ap. (4923). Delivery window is 2/16 to 3/2. Everything seems on track for home delivery in rural Washington State.

Mine has the 60kwh battery.

vin: 04923
rez: 9960

Update: scheduled home delivery in Wenatchee WA for 2/26/13. Could have picked up in Bellevue as early as tomorrow.

Belleve Square TM employee said they had roughly 40-50 cars to deliver to WA Stare.

@Seegem, nice man. Seeing that these are done in batches, I hope my P85 is not far behind you, perhaps on the same truck out here to the east side. I'm guessing I should be getting my vin within the next week. What was your delivery estimate?

You should call up Tesla: They released the VIN after it went into production, so you may have it already. When I called Wednesday, the car was "almost finished being built". Julia stated:

-My car could leave the factory as early as Friday, otherwise Saturday.
-Given the horrible weather the midwest is seeing, it could take 7-10 days to deliver to NYC (that makes it 21st/22nd), and then a few days to get the paint armor installed, etc. So, final delivery would ideally be Saturday the 23rd....or Monday the 25th. But, if it's Monday, they may as well post my car up on eBay since I'll probably have a heart attack due to over anticipation and sleep deprivation.
-Keep me posted? We could go together :D

*by the way, Elon, well done on your NYT response!

A Most Peculiar Test Drive | Blog | Tesla Motors

+1! :D

Got my VIN. (It probably arrived yesterday, but I was having iPhone issues, so I didn't know it until now)

VIN # 5253

1/13 - Finalized design
1/14 - Signed paperwork
1/28 - Delivery button (Window Feb 19 - March 5)
2/13 - VIN # 5253 (Via iPhone App)

They won't deliver until they get money from me, so I'm sure they'll contact me. I won't call and bug them... yet.

Is there someone I should contact about updating the info in the Model S delivery spreadsheet googledoc?

Took delivery today at Costa Mesa service center. My DS's were super (Ben and Drew). Even communicated with me after hours to reschedule my appt to today because i couldn't make my tues appt. This is how the car buying experience should be.

Big Tesla Grin for me today. VIN # 4925. RES # 9965.

Amazing how many strangers are interested in the car and its specs. Gave a couple test drives to friends. Blew them away.

@seegem, HAHAHA, you are definitely in the final state of the Teslitis desease ! But the cure is around the corner.

I think I will make a google spreadsheet with the most funnies posts here, there are a few and this will definitely make it :)

My wife is saying we are all like small kids waiting for christmas :)

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

I got my VIN # today!!!!!!!!!!!! 5431!!

It should leave the factory end of this week, and be in New York City end of next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't sleep and I can't concentrate on anything!!!!!!!!!!!

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

only the carbon fiber spoiler is on backorder until end March, my DS (julia) stated