Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked ours up yesterday at the factory. That's the first baby. Two more babies on the way in a couple weeks! All we can say about the car is "WOW!!" Just a phenomenal machine.

Congrats!

As I have told all my friends who have had babies (especially twins): SLEEP NOW, while you can.

In your case, I shall have to ammend that to: DRIVE NOW, and try to get some sleep in, while you can.

:biggrin:

Checked my phone app this morning and a VIN showed up! I tried to get my DS but no answer today. Maybe he is out for the Holiday. I am assuming that this starts a 2 week period leading up to availability. My estimated delivery range is 2-26 to 3-12. Assuming about 2 weeks left would put it right in the middle of the estimate. I plan to pickup from the factory and drive back home to LA. I have enough vacation time that any day of the week will be perfect.

85 kWh Silver non-performance
Sun Roof
Air Suspension
Studio Sound
19" Wheels
Parcel Shelf
P05737

As you can see, everything is ready. Just need to insert Tesla.

Mats 2.jpg

Have you determined if a factory pick up allows you to get the car faster than if it is a Southern California home delivery? I have been debating whether to continue to be patient and wait for the car to be delivered. My delivery window is a few days after yours - 3/1 - 3/15

Checked my phone app this morning and a VIN showed up! I tried to get my DS but no answer today. Maybe he is out for the Holiday. I am assuming that this starts a 2 week period leading up to availability. My estimated delivery range is 2-26 to 3-12. Assuming about 2 weeks left would put it right in the middle of the estimate. I plan to pickup from the factory and drive back home to LA. I have enough vacation time that any day of the week will be perfect.

85 kWh Silver non-performance
Sun Roof
Air Suspension
Studio Sound
19" Wheels
Parcel Shelf
P05737

As you can see, everything is ready. Just need to insert Tesla.

Actually, if you're picking it up from the factory, then the VIN showing up in the app generally means your car is just about ready. Certainly not two weeks. The VIN showed up in the app for me on the same day my car was reported complete.

@gtimbers and @gregincal...last post from "highedu", there are 2 silvers and greys all completed and awaiting inspection. maybe they are our cars waiting for us. I am a bit surprised at P05737 being ready for pick up at this stage though....guess we'll find out. Please let us know what you find out from your DS.

@gtimbers and @gregincal...last post from "highedu", there are 2 silvers and greys all completed and awaiting inspection. maybe they are our cars waiting for us. I am a bit surprised at P05737 being ready for pick up at this stage though....guess we'll find out. Please let us know what you find out from your DS.

Mine's actually been ready for pickup since Friday, I just haven't been able to pick it up.

Actually mine is Silver with Black interior. It is my understanding that ready is ready. Any shipping to a location other than the Factory would require some extra time. I only decided to do the Factory pickup because of the Tour and my desire to make this a very special event. I have never spent this kind of money on anything but a house before. This whole Tesla thing is going to be an historical event, one way or another. Think Tucker only staying in business(hopefully). My Brother and I are each reaching milestones in early March. I will be 65 and he will be 60 and a Tesla Factory Tour plus a 340 mile drive home in a brand new, untested car. Sounds like a great field trip for a couple of old goats!

Actually mine is Silver with Black interior. It is my understanding that ready is ready. Any shipping to a location other than the Factory would require some extra time. I only decided to do the Factory pickup because of the Tour and my desire to make this a very special event. I have never spent this kind of money on anything but a house before. This whole Tesla thing is going to be an historical event, one way or another. Think Tucker only staying in business(hopefully). My Brother and I are each reaching milestones in early March. I will be 65 and he will be 60 and a Tesla Factory Tour plus a 340 mile drive home in a brand new, untested car. Sounds like a great field trip for a couple of old goats!

dang it...so is mine. silver/black. guess I'll be waiting a while longer too.

During the factory tour, I saw that VIN number 57xx in the final stages of assembly and that should make it available by the middle of this week. So the cars with earlier number should be done/ready.

@gtimbers. Yeah, I agree with clea. My 9th digit is 0 and based on what "clea" says, various earlier silver models had different 9th digit numbers--9, 5, etc.

During the factory tour, I saw that VIN number 57xx in the final stages of assembly and that should make it available by the middle of this week. So the cars with earlier number should be done/ready.

Ankur....nice meeting you at the delivery...hope you are enjoying the car as much as myself. Drove it to work in San jose today, will not drive it over the next 2 days as it will rain. Will then start driving it again and get the windows tinted and ready for spring.

- - - Updated - - -

@ankursingla... I find it very puzzling. Only because my vin is 300 earlier than 57XX yet, I'm still told that my car is in production. Will get an update tomorrow.

Your car is done....the DS just doesnt know it yet.

John - I saw at least three 57xx VIN numbers in the final stages - did not see any 54xx or 55xx - they must be done.

Simon - It was great to see you as well. I drove to Carmel today in the car and it was a good drive, used the Gilroy SC to add 47 miles to the car @110mph of charging - drove at 70+mph most of the way, so the Gilroy charger came in handy.

Overall, I am somewhat disappointed with the car - maybe with all the reviews, my expectations were too high (I never test drove the MS). I had recently (July 2012) replaced my BMW750 with a Chevy Volt and have been very happy with the Volt, much smaller car that drives really well - much better than my wife's Leaf. The interior of the Tesla is downright poor - I am very disappointed with lack of attention to detail - poor seat ergonomics, cheap quality of parts, etc. The acceleration is phenomenal but needs to be done with some care when changing lanes and accelerating - the car is not very heavy and with all the torque, needs some getting used to keep it balanced. The great thing, obviously, is the range that makes this car practical for every-day use vs the Leaf.

Ankur....nice meeting you at the delivery...hope you are enjoying the car as much as myself. Drove it to work in San jose today, will not drive it over the next 2 days as it will rain. Will then start driving it again and get the windows tinted and ready for spring.

- - - Updated - - -

Your car is done....the DS just doesnt know it yet.

Ankur, I respectfully disagree with your assessment. There isn't anything "downright poor" in this car. I find it hard to understand why you went ahead with the purchase even if you hadn't test driven it; I'm sure you'd have had the chance to look at the betas in the stores. The car hasn't changed much on the interior since the beta was unveiled in October 2011.