Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was one Model S with the '85' in the service centre when I took delivery today, but mine doesn't have it (I have an 85) nor did either of the other 2 there. It was not a performance, and the manager said he had noticed it when it arrived, but didn't know why it had the 85 nor why the others didn't.

Apparently they stopped putting 85 or P85 decals on the back, which disappoints me. Please do post a pic if you would.

P85 decals are back. Not sure if they are being factory applied or if these are being applied afterwards at the service centers. Talk to your service center guy and ask if he can order some. This topic is being discussed on other threads, search for P85 decal.

Picked up my car yesterday. We were the only ones picking up, so it was just the three of us on the factory tour. Luckily the traffic was OK driving home, so I wasn't stuck in stop and go.

P2200991.jpg

Model S posing in front of it's solar panels.
DSC01034.jpg

Putting the Model S into a garage built for a Model T (1909 house).
IMK51098.jpg

My fancy solution for attaching the fob to my keychain.
keys.jpg

Last edited:
Small change. Tesla called today and informed me they can no longer deliver cars to the Rockville Service Center unless I pre-pay for the car. Seems they lack a MD license. Thus, will pick up the car from the DC store, so I can inspect it prior to paying for it. They told me to expect the final paperwork either tonight or tomorrow.

Picked up my car yesterday. We were the only ones picking up, so it was just the three of us on the factory tour. Luckily the traffic was OK driving home, so I wasn't stuck in stop and go.

Model S posing in front of it's solar panels.

Putting the Model S into a garage built for a Model T (1909 house).

My fancy solution for attaching the fob to my keychain.

Nice pics, thanks. I'm surprised the garage is big enough, being that old.

Small change. Tesla called today and informed me they can no longer deliver cars to the Rockville Service Center unless I pre-pay for the car. Seems they lack a MD license. Thus, will pick up the car from the DC store, so I can inspect it prior to paying for it. They told me to expect the final paperwork either tonight or tomorrow.

Ugh. I hope Tesla fixes this before my car arrives. I much rather pick up from Rockville then DC. Not because of the location, but because DC has very little storage space, most of it is it in a shared underground parking garage.