Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't feel bad, I ordered on May 30th and mine has yet to go into production. If you look at quarterly deliveries, it appears most happen toward the end with only a few during. Not sure about the strategy, but from my observation they would give a much better delivery experience to all if the centers were not bombarded at the end of each quarter - smooth graph lines are better and predictable in this case. Amplitudinal makes it bad for all involved.

I feel bad for those who haven't heard anything. I just heard today that mine (ordered on June 17) is in production with expected delivery the week of July 30th.

Sure would be telling to know what causes variance in timing from one order to the next. One would expect more consistency. Yours appears to be faster than average - at roughly six weeks - and others that ordered late May arent in production yet? I assume transportation is a variable. Texas (faster delivery) closer to Freemont than Boston (slower delivery)

My sales guys said that the information displayed on the order status page is generally not accurate and they are moving away from its use. He said mine shows out of production on Monday even though my page shows not even in production. I guess we will just chill and let time pass. Not waiting for this water to boil, LOL.

My sales guys said that the information displayed on the order status page is generally not accurate and they are moving away from its use. He said mine shows out of production on Monday even though my page shows not even in production. I guess we will just chill and let time pass. Not waiting for this water to boil, LOL.
Gee - bad news for data guys who want to figure out secret sauce of production timing -- but good advice to meditate and let it be.

• Funny
Reactions: ArbitrageMan
My car is in production. Spreadsheet updated. Finally...

(Not sure how to edit the Status comment in the sheet)

One note for others, I did not receive any email notification that the car had gone into production. The only update was the status on the web site changed when I happened to go in to check.

Last edited: