Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics please!!!

I'm flattered you asked :)

Just cell phone pics... haven't had time to take some quality shots yet, buy here's picking her up:
IMG_20130524_170818_382.jpg

And here's my wife pulling away driving it on her own the first time:
IMG_20130524_194830_603.jpg

Gonna try and take some nicer night shots this evening...

How does your wife like the car?

She loves it. When I was first considering it, she was the one who convinced me I needed to get the pano roof and the leather... I was going to skip those to try and keep the price under control (somewhat lol). I'm very glad she did.

When I brought it home last night, tha family went for a quick bite (and a couple full-throttle runs). After we got home, she had to run a couple of errands... she said, "Um... mind if I take the Tesla?". When she got back she had The Grin on her face... :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations. Hopefully will take delivery on my metallic Blue on the 29th. It almost looks black in the pictures which is OK by me. Have fun washing...another excuse to stare at that beautiful car!

Thanks! I think you'll love it. It was overcast yesterday, but today is full sun, and the color is beautiful...

My delivery window is May 25 - June 3. My car was completed earlier this week and put on a truck to Denver. That truck was supposed to arrive in Denver earlier today afternoon and my delivery was scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9:00. Got a call from DS this morning that the truck driver is in Wyoming and says he has driven the maximum number of miles he is allowed to drive for the week, so he is going to stay put and start driving again on Monday :eek:

Now my car will arrive in Denver on Monday afternoon and I had to reschedule delivery to Wednesday morning. This sucks! On the other hand, I suspect I have a unique story behind my delivery delay :wink:

-----------------
60 kWH, White/Grey leather, Piano black, Pano, Active Air, Supercharger
Same thing happened to rlang59, actually. That really stinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations. Hopefully will take delivery on my metallic Blue on the 29th. It almost looks black in the pictures which is OK by me. Have fun washing...another excuse to stare at that beautiful car!
I like that it looks black at times, then the look when people realize it's actually dark blue. The color is really beautiful, even if it is a challenge to keep clean. I have not regretted my choice.

I've a question for the group. I spoke to someone at Tesla on Monday and finalized our financing. He told me that my delivery window was next week through the first week of June. I don't understand how that is possible since I have not received a Vin number. is it possible to receive your MS that early if you live in Southern California?

I've had my VIN for a couple of weeks, and my delivery window is 6/9 - 6/15, I'd ask what the deal is...

COULD THIS BE TRUE???

I ordered 60/white/tech on May 3. Went to factory May 17. Today, May 26, given deliver dates of June 6-20.
While I am thrilled, keep wondering if Tesla is just playing with me.

Having watched this thread for months (I haven't ordered yet . . . plan to . . . and am doing my first test drive within the hour), I'm just impressed that Tesla has widdled down the order-to-delivery timeframe from many months to 4-5 weeks. That's really an accomplishment. Especially considering how long it would take to order a custom-configured Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, etc.

Having watched this thread for months (I haven't ordered yet . . . plan to . . . and am doing my first test drive within the hour), I'm just impressed that Tesla has widdled down the order-to-delivery timeframe from many months to 4-5 weeks. That's really an accomplishment. Especially considering how long it would take to order a custom-configured Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, etc.

Once TM starts building cars for EU and putting them on the boat for July delivery, I expect the US delivery window to increase a lot.
Unless TM finds a way to increase production (i.e. 2nd and third shifts). I hope this is exactly what happens.

I have a strong suspicion that Elon is seriously sandbagging the 21k unit guidance for CY2013. I'm thinking they first want to make those production efficiency changes with the main robotic assembly line (part and weld changes). I think that's happening right now. Then they'll ramp production with additional shifts once they verify the manuf process changes are working.

The net effect will be they can absorb some of the increasing demand. Bottom line is TM should be producing at a much higher rate for the 2nd half of this year. Like Elon said, they don't have a demand problem. But they want the margin to be on a ramp to 25% by year end.

I rolled into the fashion island store in Newport Beach yesterday. The mall overall was busy and the store was too. Tons of foot traffic. The buzz here in Orange County is huge. Many friends and associates talking about TM. I've given tons of test drives and many folks are seriously considering the car.

I finalized my order May 15th. Yesterday received my delivery preference yesterday. Unable to get beyond this point on the Tesla site. What is the next step? What do you guys thing the time frame is from this point?
NonP 85kw
From what I have been reading on other posts it appears that delivery preference buttons do not connect to the delivery questionnaire. I would suspect you all will be able to iron this out Tuesday.

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered/finalized on May 12. Got delivery button today, May 26, with a delivery window of May 25-June4. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Seems the ramp up is working. I expect my car to be delivered Wednesday, the 29th. While it seemed like a long wait I can not imagine what it was like to be on the 'Sig' list/early adopter and waiting years (not weeks) for their cars.

An update on the latest order/delivery process.

I configured a Model S P85, Performance Plus Pkg, Studio Sound, Black, Tech Pkg, Studio Sound Pkg, Pano Roof, Twin Chargers and placed my $5,000 reservation deposit on May 10, 2013. At that time I stated my preferred delivery time was late June - the earliest I could choose. My order was "finalized" after the standard 2 week period on May 23, 2013 (the point where the $5k becomes nonrefundable).

This evening I got the "Delivery" questionnaire button on the web site and an estimated delivery to Louisiana of June 16 - June 30, 2013.

I'm sure that certain configuration combinations are probably quicker but I must say that I'm impressed with how quickly things are moving along.

Mike

I made my reservation for a P85+ on May 20th, it goes to the factory on June 2nd. This weekend I received my delivery details email and during the questionnaire it gave me an Estimated Delivery Window Jun. 15th - Jun. 29th. This is faster than I was expecting!

I made my reservation for a P85+ on May 20th, it goes to the factory on June 2nd. This weekend I received my delivery details email and during the questionnaire it gave me an Estimated Delivery Window Jun. 15th - Jun. 29th. This is faster than I was expecting!
You got lucky! They build them in batches and you managed to get a slot in the next batch. I finalized my order April 29th and mine will be built at the same time as yours. :)