Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to travel unexpectedly and my black P85+ was delivered to my home Thursday evening while I was stuck in Montana waiting for a delayed flight. My wife signed for the car and I was super stressed. I got home late that evening, the car looked great and was delivered with 222 miles of rated range. The car barely fits in my garage. I literally have 1 inch on either side of the car coming in, and then 1.5 inches between the rear bumper and the garage door, and 1.5 inches between the front bumper and my motorcycle. Due to that and the fact that I had to be up early the next morning so decided to wait until the next morning to take it for a drive.

I had a hard time sleeping (I should have just taken it for a drive). Friday morning I left at the crack of dawn for a golf tournament. Immediately upon leaving the house I noticed the attention this vehicle draws. Looks, people snapping photos. There hasn't been a time either getting in, or getting out of my car that I haven't received some kind of comment or question about the car. I was even parked on the side of the road in a residential area and a large tractor trailer stopped right next to me. The driver got out and approached my car, I assumed I was in his way and he wanted me to move. I was wrong, he wanted to know who made the beautiful car I was driving! I got home late after taking a bunch of clients and friends out for a spin and spending plenty of Tesla time with strangers.

I hit l cars and coffee this morning. Park2670 has been asking for me to come since I placed my order. Before I could get out of my car everyone in attendance had come over to see what pulled in. I took 3-4 groups out for a quick spin, answered a lot of questions, and probably sold two MS while I was there!

This afternoon I took the family for a drive up the Alpine Loop. I snapped a couple of photos along the way.

IMG_0541.jpg
IMG_0542.jpg

The car handles incredibly and I don't ever want to have to drive an ICE again!

I had to travel unexpectedly and my black P85+ was delivered to my home Thursday evening while I was stuck in Montana waiting for a delayed flight. My wife signed for the car and I was super stressed. I got home late that evening, the car looked great and was delivered with 222 miles of rated range. The car barely fits in my garage. I literally have 1 inch on either side of the car coming in, and then 1.5 inches between the rear bumper and the garage door, and 1.5 inches between the front bumper and my motorcycle. Due to that and the fact that I had to be up early the next morning so decided to wait until the next morning to take it for a drive.

I had a hard time sleeping (I should have just taken it for a drive). Friday morning I left at the crack of dawn for a golf tournament. Immediately upon leaving the house I noticed the attention this vehicle draws. Looks, people snapping photos. There hasn't been a time either getting in, or getting out of my car that I haven't received some kind of comment or question about the car. I was even parked on the side of the road in a residential area and a large tractor trailer stopped right next to me. The driver got out and approached my car, I assumed I was in his way and he wanted me to move. I was wrong, he wanted to know who made the beautiful car I was driving! I got home late after taking a bunch of clients and friends out for a spin and spending plenty of Tesla time with strangers.

I hit l cars and coffee this morning. Park2670 has been asking for me to come since I placed my order. Before I could get out of my car everyone in attendance had come over to see what pulled in. I took 3-4 groups out for a quick spin, answered a lot of questions, and probably sold two MS while I was there!

This afternoon I took the family for a drive up the Alpine Loop. I snapped a couple of photos along the way.

View attachment 24663View attachment 24664

The car handles incredibly and I don't ever want to have to drive an ICE again!
Enjoy that beautiful car!

I expect pix! Just don't sprain your face with the same silly assed grin I've been wearing all day.

With due respect to Martin Luther King Jr.
Here at last! Here at last! Here at last! Thank God (& Elon, Tesla, and the shorts) my Model S is here at last.

It arrived from Bellevule by truck at 8:00 p.m. yesterday.

I was pleased to see the truck was enclosed, but talk about overkill. Mine was the only car for delivery.

Delivery Truck.JPG

The driver pulled it into our driveway.

In the following photo, the driver (Ron) is on the left, I'm in the center (Is that a Tesla Grin?) and my daughter's boy friend is on the right.
My New S.JPG

Ron has tranported a lot of Teslas and really appreciates them.

There was no direct sunlight on the car last night.

The following to photos were taken this a.m.

6-30 Image 1.JPG
6-30 Image 2.JPG

With due respect to Martin Luther King Jr.
Here at last! Here at last! Here at last! Thank God (& Elon, Tesla, and the shorts) my Model S is here at last.

It arrived from Bellevule by truck at 8:00 p.m. yesterday.

I was pleased to see the truck was enclosed, but talk about overkill. Mine was the only car for delivery.

View attachment 24721

The driver pulled it into our driveway.

In the following photo, the driver (Ron) is on the left, I'm in the center (Is that a Tesla Grin?) and my daughter's boy friend is on the right.
View attachment 24722
Ron has tranported a lot of Teslas and really appreciates them.

There was no direct sunlight on the car last night.

The following to photos were taken this a.m.

View attachment 24723View attachment 24724

Congrats!

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations. There's only one problem I see with your pictures, and I see it in a lot of car pictures so don't feel bad: It's not moving. :)

umm... hard to drive and take a pic of yourself at the same time :tongue:

This brown colour is beautiful (specially in the last photo).

Congrats, and enjoy it.

Cheers mate.

Thank you. And also to the rest of you that commented.

Last night it was too dark to take pictures while I was driving, and the rest of us were all in the car.

So far I don't know how to do anything but drive it, and charge it. I've got to go through the walkthrough video again a step at a time.

Some things that had been working are no longer working. I've got to figure out what I've done wrong.

I've got less than 100 miles on it so far. I've got to drain the other 150 miles off before charging tonight.

Nice Denarius - I ordered Black with Grey Rims and now I wonder if I made the right decision..looks sharp!!!!!

I really struggled with that decision. I had grey wheels on, but decided to change to silver right before releasing to factory. I'm glad I did, I like the darker look but I feel the grey clashes with the chrome slightly. Looks good either way, but I'm happy with what I got.

Damn, is everyone getting the 21" wheels? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Great pics Phil!

I got my P+ last night and was busy driving around town but here is a photo of her in the garage...
ypeny7yq.jpg

This photo shows how long the Model S is… do you know if this will fit into a "standard" 2-car garage in terms of length? Now I'm worried that I need to measure… LOL!

I was concerned with this as well. I had my old Nissan 350Z that fit nicely. This car is a lot longer, and I had to pull out the measuring tape to see if it fit inside my garage. I had like 6 inches to spare on the back for the garage door to close, and enough room in front for the front loading W/D doors to open.