Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Texex91 looks like you may be right - after I told them about my birthday next week and trip booked for the weekend and they're going to see about giving me one of the loaners for the weekend as long as one is available which will be awesome.

See--all's well!!

Tex, I was hoping you could hit a thousand posts before your car arrives! Running out of time now.
The car is simply arriving too fast. ;)

Just wait until the final 48 hours.

I'll get busy posting, to try and hit 1000 :biggrin:

Congrats, texex! To quote Depeche, very soon, you "Just Can't Get Enough" and "Enjoy The Silence"!

And let's not forget "Black Celebration"--after all it's a blk/blk P85+.

Take pics now--no hands on wheel required. Those of us waiting want to see it!

Well, glad I had fun last night. Got up to go work out this am and at 6am got into my fully charged vehicle and got the 12v battery failure message!!!

the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat........

I guess you don't need to see a photo of the loaner im driving now while my brand new car is back at the service center.

Talk about a bummer

Well, glad I had fun last night. Got up to go work out this am and at 6am got into my fully charged vehicle and got the 12v battery failure message!!!

I guess you don't need to see a photo of the loaner im driving now while my brand new car is back at the service center.

Talk about a bummer

Uh oh! Please don't tell me that already! Let us know what they say, and respond to my poll about how many times you take in your new car (give it a few weeks, as you may have more visits).

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/21501-How-Many-Service-Center-Visits-Have-You-Made

Sorry the issues are starting--not fun :crying:

What is up with the QC on new cars lately????

Last edited:

Talk about a bummer

Bummer, but look on the bright side--you're still driving a Tesla! :)

Talk about a bummer

That is most unfortunate. I had thought that problem was limited to early Signature runs and was completely fixed when Tesla sourced the 12V battery from another vendor.

Talk about a bummer
Noooooooo! Oh man, that stinks. In shocked, I hasn't seen much about that issue here in a while so I hoped it was behind them. So sorry, at least it should be a quick fix, I hope!

I must be the luckiest girl in the world, dare I say I haven't had any issues, except a sticky charge port door? Once they get the battery replaced I'm sure you'll have smooth sailing.

Noooooooo! Oh man, that stinks. In shocked, I hasn't seen much about that issue here in a while so I hoped it was behind them. So sorry, at least it should be a quick fix, I hope!

I must be the luckiest girl in the world, dare I say I haven't had any issues, except a sticky charge port door? Once they get the battery replaced I'm sure you'll have smooth sailing.

thanks. Supposed to get my car back tomorrow. At least U-2 and I got to spend a little time going over the Gandy bridge last night (delivery was finished too late to get to the Sunshine Skyway) luckily, I was at the front of all the traffic when the light changed. ,thank goodness there were no LEF guys on the bridge, as it would have been a pricey ticket. Not sure if my P85 will hit 130, but I'm pretty sure it will hit 125 before the top of the span (theoretically, of course).

thanks. Supposed to get my car back tomorrow. At least U-2 and I got to spend a little time going over the Gandy bridge last night (delivery was finished too late to get to the Sunshine Skyway) luckily, I was at the front of all the traffic when the light changed. ,thank goodness there were no LEF guys on the bridge, as it would have been a pricey ticket. Not sure if my P85 will hit 130, but I'm pretty sure it will hit 125 before the top of the span (theoretically, of course).
Of course, like I'm fairly confident mine will do at least 115-120 on US19. In theory.

I would've gone with the Howard Frankland myself... Depending on time of day...

Order placed on 8/28
Confirmed order on 8/29, received delivery date of "October"
VIN assigned on 8/30, and delivery date bumped to "September 30".

...today it says "In Production: The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"!
Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your VIN number? You may be one of the last VIN deliveries in Q3. Thanks

Sure, it's 21576. How long does it take to finish the car once they start production?
Thanks for the VIN. Great question about 'in production'. There is no standard time. There are people who report they get the in production message one day and the DS calls in 1-2 days and says the car is being loaded/shipped. My personal situation: In production to delivery (I am on East Coast) was about 3 weeks.

"P85+ | Blk/Blk Leather | Pano | Air Suspension | Tech | Performance Plus | Parking Sensors | Carbon Fiber | 21' Turbine Silver, Ordered 9/1 - On a truck 9/18 - Delivery by 9/24/13"

Wow: 23 days from order to delivery :love: