Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 21581 Ordered 8/27, in production 9/9, signed MVPA 9/12, production complete 9/24, delivery scheduled for 9/29

S85, Green, pano, 19" silver cylone wheels, Black Performance Leather Seats, carbon fiber, tech, air, parking, hi-fi, lighting, parcel shelf

VIN 21581 Ordered 8/27, in production 9/9, signed MVPA 9/12, production complete 9/24, delivery scheduled for 9/29

S85, Green, pano, 19" silver cylone wheels, Black Performance Leather Seats, carbon fiber, tech, air, parking, hi-fi, lighting, parcel shelf

Congrats. I also got the hi-fi. I don't have anything to compare it against, but I LOVE the performance of my audio system. Haven't even pushed the volume beyond 6 (yet).

Contacted my DS today who said my vehicle has been loaded on the truck and should arrive at the Bellevue Service Center Saturday night - so sticking with Sunday AM delivery. Maybe they'll surprise me... :smile: I'll have the vehicle less than 24 hours before turning over to Metro Detail for a full body wrap, which takes 5 days. So my baby won't really be mine for another week and a day. Figured I better not hestitate on the wrap otherwise might not ever let it leave my sight.

Today I visited an auto broker my DS recommended, to sell my current auto (2012 Acura ILX Hybrid). With a matter of minutes we arrived at a fair price, they wrote me a check for the full amount and I drove my Acura back home, to use until the Sunday AM Tesla delivery. Another cool Tesla-related experience.

What part of the VIN number should I post here, for the folks tracking such info?

Hey BoscoBoy, would you mind providing the contact information for the broker? I picked up my S last week in Bellevue and was planning to sell my prior car, but I'd be interested to see what the broker might give me. Thanks.

Finally! It's here! :biggrin:

335.JPG
359.JPG
360.JPG

David, what on earth is "blind lthr"??

She's really gorgeous!

- - - Updated - - -

Love the name! Have fun!

Sorry! That was my so called "smart" phone's spell checker...:tongue:

And,"Silent Death" is a great name!

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely !
Black is really gorgeous !! I choose black too for mine, but I think it will be a big job to keep it clean !!

That's the reason for the opti-coat! It definitely makes a huge difference in maintaining the black. My wife's car is also a black that was treated and it really works!

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations David. I grew up in Massachusetts and seeing the pine trees in the background makes me think of my childhood...and Opti-Coat for the pine pitch:wink:

That's interesting. :). I grew up in Silicon Valley but moved to the Boston area in the late 80's. Seeing the pics of the Tesla owners in California on this forum gives me the same kind of feeling...

- - - Updated - - -

It's here. Definitely the car of the future, like using an iPhone for the first time, every other car now seems so quaint. Crazy smooth power. I think I will call her "SILENT DEATH".

View attachment 31598

love that black!

Congrats!

What sort of wrap are you putting on the car?

Xpel Ultimate Metropolitan Detail | | Tesla Model S | Full Wrap | Bellevue | Seattle | Kirkland | Redmond

- - - Updated - - -

Hey BoscoBoy, would you mind providing the contact information for the broker? I picked up my S last week in Bellevue and was planning to sell my prior car, but I'd be interested to see what the broker might give me. Thanks.

Robert Swanson of Platinum Autos in Bellevue. His phone number is (206) 650-0505. Seem to be open every day of the week. Nice folks.

VIN 22456. Picked it up yesterday at the Fremont factory. What a fantastic drive!! Factory tour was very eye opening-500 cars a week. Place was humming and energetic. All the reps and tour guide were very customer friendly and knowledgeable. Another intersting item was the Fremont store was just downright busy with people picking up their cars and shopping. Great experience and whenever you are in the Bay Area take the tour. Now I just have to figure out all the bells and whistles.