Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model S this morning at Bellevue SC. My DS said they were delivering 6 today and 6 tomorrow. Had to rush home to watch the Seahawks beat (from a 17pt deficit) Houston.

Per usual, it is raining in Seattle. The color is actually green. 85 | Pano | Air | Tech | Hi-Fi | Parking Sensors (cool)

Charging up in the garage, which suddenly seems smaller.
20130929_tesla_0007.jpg

Tesla grin firmly in place. Have to give it up tomorrow for the 5-day full wrap install. :crying:

Oh boy, time to return the movies to the video store!

Last edited:
Wow! You fellow CA guys are getting your cars quick! Mine won't be ready till Oct 16th, so far. Am trying to change to a P, hope that won't slow things down if it happens.

I switched to a "P" and they told me at worst case, it may delay for a week. He then emailed me later and said it looks like we got the change in in time and that it wouldn't change my "Late October" delivery date.

Tesla grin firmly in place. Have to give it up tomorrow for the 5-day full wrap install. :crying:

CONGRATS! You will start looking for excuses (going to video rental place) to drive everyday :biggrin:

You had mentioned something about Homelink. Read all of the instructions as it walks you through. You will probably have to push the memory button on your garage door opener as one of the steps (it will prompt you). The homelink is cool--it automatically pops up when you are close to your house.

HAVE FUN!

Picked up my Model S this morning at Bellevue SC. My DS said they were delivering 6 today and 6 tomorrow. Had to rush home to watch the Seahawks beat (from a 17pt deficit) Houston.

Per usual, it is raining in Seattle. The color is actually green. 85 | Pano | Air | Tech | Hi-Fi | Parking Sensors (cool)

View attachment 31749

Congratulations! She's a beauty!

View attachment 31749

Congrats! I've got cyclones on order and nice to see them in a photo (not a render); I like them!

You say a "full wrap". Really? Or just the front along with a few critical places (although 5 DAYS sounds like everything).

View attachment 31749

Congrats! I'm with the others I like the look of the 19" Cyclones. Gotta love that a Model S is great looking in the rain too. :)

Gary Rem Yes, a full wrap of the vehicle. Recommended by several owners. Took a close look at a Green MS and could not tell it had been wrapped. Owner demonstrated how you get a non-streaky shine by just wiping it off. Figured I'd be spending a bit more time keep the car looking top notch so why not make the job a bit easier. Not cheap by any means :crying:

Picked up the car this afternoon. It was a pleasure to deal with everyone in the Costa Mesa, CA service center. The car is perfect! The only issue so far is me constantly trying to remove the key from the ignition after putting the car in park! ;-) So far the navigation system is working properly and the car did come with 5.0. Today was the first time I drove a Tesla and it has far exceeded my expectations! I now know what the "Tesla Grin" is all about.

IMG_2556.JPG

Picked up the car this afternoon. It was a pleasure to deal with everyone in the Costa Mesa, CA service center. The car is perfect! The only issue so far is me constantly trying to remove the key from the ignition after putting the car in park! ;-) So far the navigation system is working properly and the car did come with 5.0. Today was the first time I drove a Tesla and it has far exceeded my expectations! I now know what the "Tesla Grin" is all about.

LOVE the 21's!! Very sharp and enjoy it this coming week!

VIN 22456. Picked it up yesterday at the Fremont factory. What a fantastic drive!! Factory tour was very eye opening-500 cars a week. Place was humming and energetic. All the reps and tour guide were very customer friendly and knowledgeable. Another intersting item was the Fremont store was just downright busy with people picking up their cars and shopping. Great experience and whenever you are in the Bay Area take the tour. Now I just have to figure out all the bells and whistles.

Weird with this VIN numbers thing. Yours is almost 400 higher than mine, also a standard 85. I am getting an out of production for September 30th in theory, but I still see it in production on the dashboard. And then I have to wait another 2 weeks for delivery to Florida. I guess I am just envious. Enjoy it.

Weird with this VIN numbers thing. Yours is almost 400 higher than mine, also a standard 85. I am getting an out of production for September 30th in theory, but I still see it in production on the dashboard. And then I have to wait another 2 weeks for delivery to Florida. I guess I am just envious. Enjoy it.
Mine is lower than yours and a P85, still hasn't gone into production, so I think a ton of it just depends on batching of builds. Hopefully mine gets in soon.....running out of nice weather in Chicago quickly.

View attachment 31784

Yes! Congrats! She's a mean lean machine!! I love that gray with gray wheels! My business partner test drove my P85 today for the first time and we both had the Tesla Grin all day!

Last edited: