Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the new beast yesterday in Seattle. DS mentioned they've been moving a lot of cars through in the past few days. Only problems so far are a driver's side mirror that doesn't fold/unfold reliably, and a passenger lumbar support control that sticks. Minor issues, to be sure.

Did anyone else notice the vacuum marks in the trunk carpeting, or is that just Seattle?

Picked up the new beast yesterday in Seattle. DS mentioned they've been moving a lot of cars through in the past few days. Only problems so far are a driver's side mirror that doesn't fold/unfold reliably, and a passenger lumbar support control that sticks. Minor issues, to be sure.

Did anyone else notice the vacuum marks in the trunk carpeting, or is that just Seattle?

Cool. Did you get the power folding mirrors? And did you pay the $250 to upgrade to the new tech package?

Cool. Did you get the power folding mirrors? And did you pay the $250 to upgrade to the new tech package?

Yes to both. My car hadn't entered production when the Tech Package change was made, so a couple of emails later I'd modified my order. The power folding mirrors are very nice (fold/unfold on demand via middle button on the mirror controls, optionally fold automatically when the parking brake is engaged). The driver's mirror on mine just seems to jam quite often, in both folded and unfolded position. I pointed it out to the DS, and he suggested it might need a few fold/unfold cycles to "loosen up". As it's not improved at all over a day's fiddling, it's going to go back to get looked at along with all the other little things that invariably show up in the first couple weeks.

My configuration is:
Model S 85kWh | Black | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss Decor | 19" Wheels Primacy Tires | Pano Roof | Tech Pkg | Ultra Sound | Air Suspension | Twin Chargers | Fog Lamps | Parking Sensors l Extended Leather Trim l Premium Interior Lighting l Subzero Weather Pkg. :biggrin:

I'm new to the club, I just joined tonight. I've been visiting this site for a couple months now. I'm waiting for my Tesla, due 12/20/13. I confirmed on 10/13/13. I see you are from my part of the world. Like you, I was able to add the folding mirrors after I confirmed. I hope the sticking issue will be worked out before I get it. I'll be calling my DS tomorrow to inquire about the mirrors. Good luck with getting them to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes to both. My car hadn't entered production when the Tech Package change was made, so a couple of emails later I'd modified my order. The power folding mirrors are very nice (fold/unfold on demand via middle button on the mirror controls, optionally fold automatically when the parking brake is engaged). The driver's mirror on mine just seems to jam quite often, in both folded and unfolded position. I pointed it out to the DS, and he suggested it might need a few fold/unfold cycles to "loosen up". As it's not improved at all over a day's fiddling, it's going to go back to get looked at along with all the other little things that invariably show up in the first couple weeks.

I'm new to the club, I just joined tonight. I've been visiting this site for a couple months now. I'm waiting for my Tesla, due 12/20/13. I confirmed on 10/13/13. I see you are from my part of the world. Like you, I was able to add the folding mirrors after I confirmed. I hope the sticking issue will be worked out before I get it. I'll be calling my DS tomorrow to inquire about the mirrors. Good luck with getting them to work.

Congrats !
Mine is 19201, and delivery was initially planned the 17 February at best. But I done a modification to my order to switch to the new tech package, and delay will probably be longer :crying:
They say they will try to keep the same production and delivery date, hope it will be possible, wait is long here in France, there are not a lot of reservation, it seems we are not the priority :redface:

Thanks for the welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats !
Mine is 19201, and delivery was initially planned the 17 February at best. But I done a modification to my order to switch to the new tech package, and delay will probably be longer :crying:
They say they will try to keep the same production and delivery date, hope it will be possible, wait is long here in France, there are not a lot of reservation, it seems we are not the priority :redface:

Looks like the waiting is almost over for you. No doubt you will enjoy your new ride. It wasn't until I test drove the tesla that I knew I had to have it. A couple of friends want to drive it when I get it. I have warned them against test driving, as you know, returning to an ICE won't ever be the same. My wife is taking the 2011 BMW 5353i, and I have no problem letting her have it.

- - - Updated - - -

I will add my welcome too. Hope you enjoy your time here, but I hope you enjoy your MS even more!

Looks like the waiting is almost over for you. No doubt you will enjoy your new ride. It wasn't until I test drove the tesla that I knew I had to have it. A couple of friends want to drive it when I get it. I have warned them against test driving, as you know, returning to an ICE won't ever be the same. My wife is taking the 2011 BMW 5353i, and I have no problem letting her have it.

Delivery +1

YES! - She's finally arrived in all her sleek black glory. She looks better in person than her photos on the web :)
Once again there is harmony in the universe (No more - Is it here yet? Is it here yet?.... -or- I could be regenerating right now if....).

It was good to see that the car was delivered in a covered car carrier from the Denver SC so she showed up with only a little dust and few water marks.

And talk about fresh out of the factory: 17mi on the odometer and v5.8 firmware. Very nice.

As expected, I spent the day getting acquainted with her and came across a pleasant surprise. My car has electric folding mirrors which was NOT part of the Tech package when I ordered it.
Thanks Santa!

Setup and customization went without a hitch.
Customize - check.
Home-link training - check.
WiFi to home network - check.
The only thing I could not do is get the Tesla app to connect after enabling remote access and accepting delivery. I was told by the SC it could take a couple of days, what with the holidays.

And oh yeah, Accelerator pedal test: push = go faster, release = go slower - check!

Now it is happy road miles from here on forward.

S85 | Black | Dual Chargers + HPWC | Tech | Air | Sub Zero
Reserved: 9/15, Confirmed 9/24, Production 11/22, Delivered 11/29 - VIN 269xx

Last edited:
I don't know what to make of this, my dashboard is giveing me 4 dates for pick up so I chose December 11th, about a month ago my DS called me and we set up December 20th for pick up?? I sent my DS 2 email's without a response last week and a phone call with out a response a few days ago?? Shoud i go by my dashboard?

I don't know what to make of this, my dashboard is giveing me 4 dates for pick up so I chose December 11th, about a month ago my DS called me and we set up December 20th for pick up?? I sent my DS 2 email's without a response last week and a phone call with out a response a few days ago?? Shoud i go by my dashboard?

see if you can get ahold of your DS over phone to confirm, or anyone at the Service Center. and Congrats!

Some photos please, I will have exactly the same config, and it's hard to wait :biggrin:

Ask and ye shall deliver!
Here are some quick pics during delivery.

I will add more once I get the car tinted and cleaned up.

Enjoy

Tesla - 1 - Home Delivery Car Carrier.jpg
Tesla - 2 - In the Rack.jpg
Tesla - 3 - Leaving the Rack.jpg
Tesla - 4 - Delivered.jpg

S85 | Black | Dual Chargers + HPWC | Tech | Air | Sub Zero

Reserved: 9/15, Confirmed 9/24, Production 11/22, Delivered 11/29 - VIN 269xx