Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No edit button for me and I reserved on 1/6. The dealer rep called and made the change about four days ago, but the site still has the older configuration. I figured I would give it until the end of this week or so. @hopedope I'm buying. I didn't make financial sense to lease it unless I was placing it in the name of my business. I got a spreadsheet from this forum with damn near every Credit Union in America which was very helpful and the rates are very low.
Where's the spreadsheet?

Has anyone been provided a post-refresh VIN ? I ordered 12/20 and revised the order 1/28. My reservation says delivery Feb 14 - Mar 14 .

I realize that Feb 14 won’t happen, but it would be interesting to hear from others as VINs and deliveries start to happen.

Has anyone been provided a post-refresh VIN ? I ordered 12/20 and revised the order 1/28. My reservation says delivery Feb 14 - Mar 14 .

I realize that Feb 14 won’t happen, but it would be interesting to hear from others as VINs and deliveries start to happen.

The estimated date disappeared on mine as soon as it updated with the refreshed price and model. No VIN but keeps asking for the proof of insurance, which I can’t get until there is a VIN, so I guess I just keep waiting.

My rep still says March 7-30.

Reactions: Jarvisd1015
i spoke to tesla and had my reservation updated to the new S, but it is still showing the old S on the website. how long did take for the update to show online?

is anyone updating their reservation by using the "edit design" option on the original/old reservation?

Same happened to me, they told me to use the edit design button. In this thread, a bunch posted they did the same as instructed by their SA.

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Yea I'm getting the "proof of insurance" reminders too but that's inline with the last two we purchased. Like you, we need a VIN to get insurance. I think it's just automated reminders and we're all just waiting for VINs.

We have a new S on order, our 5th new Tesla purchase. We have always put our current insurance information on the order and it is all they have ever needed. Not insurance for the new order but proof that we just have insurance. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Has worked 4 times so far and no questions yet on the new order

Yea I'm getting the "proof of insurance" reminders too but that's inline with the last two we purchased. Like you, we need a VIN to get insurance. I think it's just automated reminders and we're all just waiting for VINs.

The insurance isn't the hold up. My state doesn't require a VIN, so Tesla has me checked off for that already. Simply waiting on a VIN and payment instructions.

The lack of ANYBODY having a VIN suggests to me that they aren't producing many cars right now.

upload_2021-2-5_11-52-33.png

i spoke to tesla and had my reservation updated to the new S, but it is still showing the old S on the website. how long did take for the update to show online?

is anyone updating their reservation by using the "edit design" option on the original/old reservation?

I placed an order for the old S on 1/15. My reservation doesn't have an edit button for me to update my order to the refresh. Anyone else having this issue?

Called my SA last weekend, he said was seeing the same thing and it was not me. He assumed it would get figured out in a few days, but still nothing. (I've tried multiple browsers and devices, still no edit button).

Also - when adjusting your financing: are you assuming the $2k credit will come off your downpayment / total amount due at signing? Curious how to handle the downpayment vs financed amount, I have a specific monthly payment in mind that I'd like to keep.

I placed an order for the old S on 1/15. My reservation doesn't have an edit button for me to update my order to the refresh. Anyone else having this issue?

Called my SA last weekend, he said was seeing the same thing and it was not me. He assumed it would get figured out in a few days, but still nothing. (I've tried multiple browsers and devices, still no edit button).

Also - when adjusting your financing: are you assuming the $2k credit will come off your downpayment / total amount due at signing? Curious how to handle the downpayment vs financed amount, I have a specific monthly payment in mind that I'd like to keep.

I have the same issue. I reached out to my sales rep a few hours after the refresh was announced. She had to escalate it to another team as both of us were unable to edit it. A few days ago she got this back, "We are processing the thousands of cases we have received lately given the recent changes. We ask for patience as we try to get through them as quickly as possible”. She said even though the old car shows on my account it will not affect my delivery date. I ordered back in October and pushed delivery out until March when all the rumors of a refresh started appearing. I was told the issue with converting my order over has to do with my FSD being purchased at $8k before the price went up at the end of October.

I have the same issue. I reached out to my sales rep a few hours after the refresh was announced. She had to escalate it to another team as both of us were unable to edit it. A few days ago she got this back, "We are processing the thousands of cases we have received lately given the recent changes. We ask for patience as we try to get through them as quickly as possible”. She said even though the old car shows on my account it will not affect my delivery date. I ordered back in October and pushed delivery out until March when all the rumors of a refresh started appearing. I was told the issue with converting my order over has to do with my FSD being purchased at $8k before the price went up at the end of October.

I'm in the exact same boat (but with an X.) Ordered in October, pushed til March. I was told they are batch processing all of the upgrades and it will take a couple of weeks to go through all of them.

We have a new S on order, our 5th new Tesla purchase. We have always put our current insurance information on the order and it is all they have ever needed. Not insurance for the new order but proof that we just have insurance. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Has worked 4 times so far and no questions yet on the new order

Ditto -- you upload a current insurance card for any of your currently insured vehicles. You just need to provide the VIN to your insurance to activate it upon delivery. no problem. (2 tesla purchased).

my SA said the refresh would probably show up on the website sometime today, and anyone who hadn't yet requested the update from the SA - it would be converted automatically. But I can hold off it being placed in the delivery queue for some time (months) still get the 2K discount, and even wait until there is a showroom car to test drive. It will just push back my delivery for months rather than March time.

Reactions: boonedocks
Anyone who have the new Model S order in their account with 2k discount and have changed configuration? for example adding the 21" wheels or change to another color. Will the 2k discount still be kept when updating the design by "edit my spec" in my Tesla account?

I'm considering adding the 21" wheels but don't want to loose the 2k discount in the process.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone who have the new Model S order in their account with 2k discount and have changed configuration? for example adding the 21" wheels or change to another color. Will the 2k discount still be kept when updating the design by "edit my spec" in my Tesla account?

I'm considering adding the 21" wheels but don't want to loose the 2k discount to the process.

Thanks in advance!

My SA said the discount will be reflected when you get a VIN.

What state are you in? The requirement to have a VIN on insurance is state specific.