Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered in December and after the refresh was announced I called sales rep. He had me edit to new model and I needed to change upgrade wheels from last years to the new upgraded wheels. Next day the refresh model showed up on my account.

I uploaded current insurance but it still shows insurance as my next step. I live in SoCal so it should have accepted it.

I was able to keep 2k discount. Sales rep said the discount will show when the vin is available. At that point I will have me insurance company add the Tesla onto my insurance. Still don’t understand why it doesn’t check off insurance as being completed.

No estimated delivery is shown.

Reactions: Jarvisd1015
Just received an email asking me to complete my delivery tasks.....loan and trade which I am not going to do until something more substantial shows up about the refresh.
Side note I guess I didn’t order wheels for my new S :D and it shows the old style on the email ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

C9A5F7F8-457B-445A-B6C2-C1678C869F7F.png

Just received an email asking me to complete my delivery tasks.....loan and trade which I am not going to do until something more substantial shows up about the refresh.
Side note I guess I didn’t order wheels for my new S :D and it shows the old style on the email ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 634429

Looks like they’re going to give you the SpaceX option that’s going to be available on the new roadster. Interesting I guess you don’t need wheels if you can fly:)

Reactions: boonedocks
I placed an order for the old S on 1/15. My reservation doesn't have an edit button for me to update my order to the refresh. Anyone else having this issue?

Called my SA last weekend, he said was seeing the same thing and it was not me. He assumed it would get figured out in a few days, but still nothing. (I've tried multiple browsers and devices, still no edit button).

Also - when adjusting your financing: are you assuming the $2k credit will come off your downpayment / total amount due at signing? Curious how to handle the downpayment vs financed amount, I have a specific monthly payment in mind that I'd like to keep.

I’m having the same issue. I currently own a 2017 model S, my third Tesla, and I love it but I decided to order a new model S when they announced the long range option late last year. I placed the order in December essentially buying the same exact car with just the long range, and with the new discounted pricing. I just got a call from my sales rep yesterday saying I need to go in and rebuild the car and when I did, it came out to close to $12k more. Even with the $2000 discount, I’m not sure it’s worth it and actually don’t love the yoke steering wheel. Did anyone experience the new model just being updated without rebuilding it and the price staying the same? Or did all of you experience a price increase? Any advice or thoughts are appreciated, because I may just cancel the order…

Something funny is that looking at my converted X detail it shows "pay as you go supercharging" same as previously ordered S. After converting my S to refresh it no longer states "pay as you go". So I guess they took away super charging capability?? Should I start another thread on one?

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Something funny is that looking at my converted X detail it shows "pay as you go supercharging" same as previously ordered S. After converting my S to refresh it no longer states "pay as you go". So I guess they took away super charging capability?? Should I start another thread on one?

I'm pretty sure that "Pay as you go" only means not "Unlimited Supercharging" for which no additional payment was required. That was an incentive for early adopters which is no longer available. No worries - all Teslas can use the Supercharger network, we just have to pay each time we use it.

I was seriously considering ordering a 2021 for $68K, since I was impressed with the 2021 M3 LR I recently bought for my wife. But not for 12 grand more, and that steering wheel. Oh well.

Hi All - I'm new here, but in a similar situation. Just wondering if anyone was able to procure a $69,420 Model S? It seems all orders from the price decrease announcement to the refresh will be paying $8k (w/$2k discount) to $10k more for an LR S.

Mine was $79,990 before options, destination and fees. That will be reduced to $77,990 once my early order discount kicks in.
It is my understanding that the conversion of my pre-refresh order will be 2K off the 10K increase, not 2K off the pre-order price of the pre-refresh Model. I am told the updated order (which I just requested today) will reflect a 10K increase in 24-48 hrs, but will be 2K less than that by the time of delivery (again 8K more than my original order).

Mine was $79,990 before options, destination and fees. That will be reduced to $77,990 once my early order discount kicks in.

It is my understanding that the conversion of my pre-refresh order will be 2K off the 10K increase, not 2K off the pre-order price of the pre-refresh Model. I am told the updated order (which I just requested today) will reflect a 10K increase in 24-48 hrs, but will be 2K less than that by the time of delivery (again 8K more than my original order).

Maybe I should have said "My reconfigured post-refresh price was $79,990 before options, destination and fees...
My original (5 December 2020) base price was $91,990 since I originally ordered the Model S Performance.
When I reconfigured after the refreshed models were released, I stepped back to the LR because of the price increase and huge price increase from Performance to Plaid.

In any case, the LR price had increased from $64,420 to $79,990.

Maybe I should have said "My reconfigured post-refresh price was $79,990 before options, destination and fees...
My original (5 December 2020) base price was $91,990 since I originally ordered the Model S Performance.
When I reconfigured after the refreshed models were released, I stepped back to the LR because of the price increase and huge price increase from Performance to Plaid.

In any case, the LR price had increased from $64,420 to $79,990.

ahhh, got it: My original build of Red Model S LR with FSD was $81,920 (Excluding tax, registration, discounts and fees)
- and if I build a new one it shows up as $92,490 -- so a bit more than 10K increase? My SA said there would be a 2K decrease, eventually, I thought on the day, it was exactly 10K more...

Just got a call from the dealership (Peabody MA) about my pending MS order. I "downgraded" the Performance order to a base a while back (the day after the refresh went live actually) because
a) the extra performance is not worth $40K to me,
b) I don't want 21" wheels in Boston,
c) the 3.1 second 0-60 is "good enough" and I expect an OTA upgrade option to make it even BETTER (for a lot less than $40K).

The rep told me I'm near the front of the queue, and to expect delivery in "early" March (before they had said 2nd to 4th week in March). A part of me is a bit scared to be getting one that hot off the refresh press, but the rep told me that he was told the first batch will be very solid. Now of course, what're they going to say, they'll be rough? But the fact they said anything at all is better than "um, well, it'll probably be OK" LOL. When I expressed my trepidation to the rep, he offered me the opportunity to come in and test drive a new base S as soon as they got one in for me to drive. So that's incredibly reassuring. I'll get to check it out and make sure I'm happy with a very early one.

I found out the base has exactly the same interior features as the plaid EXCEPT that the plaid has some carbon fiber trim. Yay! From some of the stuff I've read (Teslarati) I wasn't sure if the base would be getting all the good stuff (yoke, etc.) but it is.

I'm getting excited.

Last edited: