Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I happen to be in IT, but its not difficult to modify page content using developer tools built into browsers. Even if I send the source code it will look legit since you are modifying the source code locally. Not saying the above isn't real, but suspect.
Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 8.36.08 AM.png

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
“In an average week for the model S, there are 20 engineering changes.” Elon Musk told CarAdvice.

Doesn’t it make sense to be patient and wait until the newly refreshed Model S spends a little more time baking? It’s great to be first on the block, but wouldn’t you be upset if key improvements were made to the Model S your next door neighbor receives just a few weeks later?

“In an average week for the model S, there are 20 engineering changes.” Elon Musk told CarAdvice.

Doesn’t it make sense to be patient and wait until the newly refreshed Model S spends a little more time baking? It’s great to be first on the block, but wouldn’t you be upset if key improvements were made to the Model S your next door neighbor receives just a few weeks later?

Understand and agree with the sentiment.

The issue I have is the lack of communication and respect Tesla has for its customer. Even to come out and say "I have no new news but we are working on this issue..." would go a long way for me.

Excited to see the end product. Six months from now (hopefully) I will be driving and will look back on all this as stupidity.

Here's the dealio - 1) lack of communication, 2) guess: they bit off way more than they can chew...now, this car might have some amazing features like @Ribeyesteak's guy said that none of us were expecting and are going to love to have or the stupid stalk-less crap isn't working right.... if it is #2, then Im gonna be pissed.

Can you get into mine and give me a date next week? While you are at it, can you increase the range on it to 500 miles?

Your wish is my command!

meow.png

Back to delivering for a sec. If we look more toward when will production really get moving so most of us here (or all of us) get delivery dates, etc. I am sorry, but I think that’s June or July. With the X coming August or later for actual steady flow.

If we focus on when will the first 100 Ss get delivered, April sounds right to me unless there really is some major issue. Regardless, Elon will have to give an update at end of April earnings call.

Back to delivering for a sec. If we look more toward when will production really get moving so most of us here (or all of us) get delivery dates, etc. I am sorry, but I think that’s June or July. With the X coming August or later for actual steady flow.

If we focus on when will the first 100 Ss get delivered, April sounds right to me unless there really is some major issue. Regardless, Elon will have to give an update at end of April earnings call.

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo

Sorry elguapo, but this is just pure speculation, just like those that believe they will see deliveries in March. The latest updates on record from Elon were: 2/5, “Model S/X production lines are almost done with the retooling and will be aiming for max production next quarter.” and 3/8: “Still many fine details to address, but the final product will be fantastic. There’s nothing else even close.”

Sorry elguapo, but this is just pure speculation, just like those that believe they will see deliveries in March. The latest updates on record from Elon were: 2/5, “Model S/X production lines are almost done with the retooling and will be aiming for max production next quarter.” and 3/8: “Still many fine details to address, but the final product will be fantastic. There’s nothing else even close.”

I'll be shocked if they don't deliver at least a few dozen Model Ss by EOQ. They want to be able to talk about that on the next earnings call. But I agree that from Elon's words, they are going to be ramping up production with "two shifts" in Q2, and that's when most of us will get our car. I believe at this point I'll see mine around the end of April.

I'll be shocked if they don't deliver at least a few dozen Model Ss by EOQ. They want to be able to talk about that on the next earnings call. But I agree that from Elon's words, they are going to be ramping up production with "two shifts" in Q2, and that's when most of us will get our car. I believe at this point I'll see mine around the end of April.
Sorry Tigers, more speculation.