Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow imagine if these cars do arrive in May or June. We’ll be approaching SIX months of no S/X production. Something must have seriously gone wrong for them to not make cars this long.

Also - I don't think they really give a *sugar*, tbh. The 3/Y worldwide production/sales are enough to report strong growth y/y, they dont even need the S/X at this point (from Elons own mouth).

I found a car Im buying right now, so assuming that works out today, I'll be the next cancelled order. Maybe Ill give them a look in a year or so. I still have an ID4 and Rivian reservation, waiting to see how all the Rivian stuff turns out. If it gets rave reviews and dont have a ton of issues, Ill probably go that direction. Cant wait another 30-60 days for a car. It's been absolutely miserable.

Also - I don't think they really give a *sugar*, tbh. The 3/Y worldwide production/sales are enough to report strong growth y/y, they dont even need the S/X at this point (from Elons own mouth).

I found a car Im buying right now, so assuming that works out today, I'll be the next cancelled order. Maybe Ill give them a look in a year or so. I still have an ID4 and Rivian reservation, waiting to see how all the Rivian stuff turns out. If it gets rave reviews and dont have a ton of issues, Ill probably go that direction. Cant wait another 30-60 days for a car. It's been absolutely miserable.
Nice. What car are you looking to buy?

Wow imagine if these cars do arrive in May or June. We’ll be approaching SIX months of no S/X production. Something must have seriously gone wrong for them to not make cars this long.
I remember the days early in my career when marketing used to show our clients mockups of yet to be built software and sell contracts. Once those contracts were signed it was a mad scramble for engineering to translate those visual designs into reality. I am starting to think all Tesla had in January were some cool looking renders and since then their engineering has been struggling to build to spec. At least parts of this should be true given all the chatter around Yoke and how little we know about the rear passenger screen etc.

Reactions: elguapo and TNGuy99
Nice. What car are you looking to buy?

Audi Q5e. Tried to get a Rav4 Prime over the past week. While I don't *love* the PHEV situation, to me, there are just no compelling full EVs right now + there are way too many new models coming over the next 12 months that I think it makes sense to wait. There are definitely no gas cars Im going to pay $80k for and the etron/taycan are way too short on range and expensive for what they are imo.