Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, It'll be fun refreshing until 11:59PM. Who's with me? 😂 Either way, I'm actually really excited for April. Updates can be coming any day now. Feb 5th LR Order in SoCal.
1617210555107.png

I just received a random text:

Hi <name removed>, this is Tesla Order Support, and we will be supporting you with your Model S order. CONGRATULATIONS on placing your order! Please log into tesla.com/teslaaccount to review your account, and please let us know if any adjustments are needed. Currently we are waiting for a VIN assignment from the factory, and the estimated delivery timeframe can be viewed in your MyTesla account. Questions? Reply to this message or call us directly at 510-249-3100 option 1, Sunday through Saturday between 8AM-8PM CST. Thank you!

There is still no estimated delivery date in my Tesla account. I ordered Jan 28th and was converted to the refresh in mid-February.

So, something's happening, but I have no idea what that something is.

Just got a text from Tesla "Update - we are waiting for your VIN from the factory, meanwhile...buy some *sugar* from our store"...a positive sign or nah?

Note, this is only the second text I have gotten from them, the first was to confirm my order and to ask if I was financing. Both automated, obviously.
Let's put it this way - if they're asking you to buy some sugar from the store by midnight tonight 3/31 - we all know what that is all about...

Could be. My local SE has been horrible with any communications. Ignoring emails, calls, and texts. I got excited at first and then remembered I was dealing with Tesla. :)

Oh, I have you beat: I don't even have one. The lady I worked with was assigned to my Model 3 a year ago, but when I placed my Model S order she followed up but has since moved into a different role. Literally, there's no one that I know of assigned to help me out. I'm actively looking for another car to buy.

I just received a random text:

Hi <name removed>, this is Tesla Order Support, and we will be supporting you with your Model S order. CONGRATULATIONS on placing your order! Please log into tesla.com/teslaaccount to review your account, and please let us know if any adjustments are needed. Currently we are waiting for a VIN assignment from the factory, and the estimated delivery timeframe can be viewed in your MyTesla account. Questions? Reply to this message or call us directly at 510-249-3100 option 1, Sunday through Saturday between 8AM-8PM CST. Thank you!

There is still no estimated delivery date in my Tesla account. I ordered Jan 28th and was converted to the refresh in mid-February.

So, something's happening, but I have no idea what that something is.
I just called the number and was told that I am in queue for a VIN assignment in early April! 🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️

Oh, I have you beat: I don't even have one. The lady I worked with was assigned to my Model 3 a year ago, but when I placed my Model S order she followed up but has since moved into a different role. Literally, there's no one that I know of assigned to help me out. I'm actively looking for another car to buy.
I am trying to steer myself to the reality of looking at something else. Nothing else in the EV realm is interesting to me, and the alternatives are also not enticing at the $85-90K price point. I, like so many others, sold my primary vehicle based on Tesla's assurances I'd have delivery in March. I luckily have the wife and daughter's car to drive if needed but it's still a pain in the ass.

I also received the same text and called up the number they provided. The person on the phone said deliveries are expected the middle of April (best case) or the end of May (worst case).

He did say "We received no official communication yet, but this is what we have been hearing regarding delivery estimates".

Reactions: cubsnlinux