Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the stock analysts are coming to the same realization that this thread has had for a while related to lack of deliveries, Tesla will likely be forced to give the reason behind the delay in the coming days, if not an update on the actual timing itself. FeelIng hopeful.

LR, MSM, Cream, FSD, regular wheels. Order placed 1/23/21, updated in 1/28/21. Dallas TX, zero texts or emails other than the automated order confirmation and order change confirmation.

Reactions: LargeHamCollider
I called the number. Someone immediately answered and was cheerful. He transferred me to a guy in Burbank. He said they expected delivery of new model S cars (generally) to begin in late April to June.
If Tesla is using "expected" and "generally" in the same sentence - that means your Model S will show up about the same time the next Model T shows up in Detroit.

• Funny
Reactions: Tigers and designrs
Now that the stock analysts are coming to the same realization that this thread has had for a while related to lack of deliveries, Tesla will likely be forced to give the reason behind the delay in the coming days, if not an update on the actual timing itself. FeelIng hopeful.

LR, MSM, Cream, FSD, regular wheels. Order placed 1/23/21, updated in 1/28/21. Dallas TX, zero texts or emails other than the automated order confirmation and order change confirmation.
What stock analyst have stated that..i hope alot

What stock analyst have stated that..i hope alot

Analysts are projecting huge delivery numbers of model S/X deliveries for 1Q. They somehow think 14,000 units were delivered this quarter. Wedbush analysts know nothing. Where are the analysts that realized the lack of deliveries?

I have to admit I'm a little surprised that Tesla hasn't updated my delivery page by now to say something other than "Estimated Delivery: March." But it's become clear to me that this company is managed by incompetent people. The multiple media reports of double billing with no public response from Tesla is more egregious than this situation. Elon Musk is a great "Technoking," but running a business requires more than that.

I have to admit I'm a little surprised that Tesla hasn't updated my delivery page by now to say something other than "Estimated Delivery: March." But it's become clear to me that this company is managed by incompetent people. Elon Musk is a great "Technoking," but running a business requires more than that.
And the fact he did not give himself a title like, "Chancellor of CS" tells us what he thinks of that job...

I have to admit I'm a little surprised that Tesla hasn't updated my delivery page by now to say something other than "Estimated Delivery: March." But it's become clear to me that this company is managed by incompetent people. The multiple media reports of double billing with no public response from Tesla is more egregious than this situation. Elon Musk is a great "Technoking," but running a business requires more than that.
I'd give them a pass on that. Double billing wasn't purposeful and likely a cause of the payment processor and not Tesla. I'm sure the 10 people it happened to will be fine.

And the fact he did not give himself a title like, "Chancellor of CS" tells us what he thinks of that job...
If you ever have worked in CS. You know that job is a nightmare. Part of my team we do CS for our Amazon fulfilment ugh. Nasty people out there. Nobody wants to claim Chancellor of CS that's for sure lmao.

If you ever have worked in CS. You know that job is a nightmare. Part of my team we do CS for our Amazon fulfilment ugh. Nasty people out there. Nobody wants to claim Chancellor of CS that's for sure lmao.
It's a thankless job, but someone has to be assigned to do it. That is the job of Executive leadership.

Customers won't get easier to deal with if you treat them poorly or pretend they don't exist.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
It's a thankless job, but someone has to be assigned to do it. That is the job of Executive leadership.

Customers won't get easier to deal with if you treat them poorly or pretend they don't exist.
Ha that is true. This is more of a marketing job than CS though. Marketing is falling down on the job for sure. I think I remember seeing something from an article though Tesla doesn't have a press or marketing division. Which may explain a lot of this. Marketing is a key part of this process that's missing (communication)

I posted one of the articles about the double billing problem and how the customers got the run around from Tesla to get the refund back into their accounts. I’ll be paying for my MS Plaid by Bank Cashier’s Check. Crazy! 😳😒

Reactions: rvpCO and Drew-MS
1617240182270.png

Forgot to mention - MyTesla acct still says the following:

Estimated Delivery: 4 - 11 weeks from order placed date​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.
Had a calendar open just now and started laughing at myself. I got pretty excited after speaking with the rep today bc he asked for my RN#, pulled up my account, and told me a time frame pretty quickly (as if he knew something I didn't and specific to my account)... "anytime between now and 2nd week of May."
My acct says 4-11 weeks.
Ordered 2/24 so 4-11 wk is between now and exactly the 2nd week of May.
I'm so desperate for insight, the text from Tesla earlier made me feel like the ball was rolling (esp w new pics/vids leaked). Was completely blind to the fact that he just pulled my acct# up, saw my est delivery 4-11 wks, and counted himself using info I already had in front of me. No fault of his - he doesn't know the answer, either.
The congrats/update txt said "currently we are waiting for a VIN assignment from the factory, and the estimated delivery timeframe can be viewed your MyTesla account." My fault for assuming this txt came with fresh news but it was a bummer getting the text on last day of month and seeing the same ol' est delivery in MyTesla.
Boo hoo, wah wah... my 100k car isn't ready yet and I want it NOW!!! :(

TLDR; we gotta sit still and quit driving ourselves nuts over this. Unless you ain't got no ride at the moment, playa, then I don't know what to tell you. Nobody does.

Ha that is true. This is more of a marketing job than CS though. Marketing is falling down on the job for sure. I think I remember seeing something from an article though Tesla doesn't have a press or marketing division. Which may explain a lot of this. Marketing is a key part of this process that's missing (communication

Wow. How can professional “analysts” be this out of touch??
Probably be banned for saying this but...

Those analysis have their collective heads so far up Cathy's hoo haw they are blind to any reality.