Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Plaid order in Northern California has not been changed for a 2/16 order thus far. Still 3-8 weeks.

80C4ED1B-F7DD-43FE-AF97-61DE8B4F694D.jpeg

I have 2 S reservations. One made in June 2020 that has since been updated with the refresh configuration and another made on the day refresh was announced. No change to the former but the delivery date for the latter has been updated today to July.

LR, Red/White, Arachnids, No FSD

Anyone want to try and convince me to get a MSLR over a M3P?

- Only do road trips in Europe (live in Canada)
- Never (and I mean never) drive more than 200km in one day here
- Usually only drive 20-30km a day
- Like fast cars (which is why I'm not even considering anything >4s 0-100)
- Trunk space doesn't matter too much

Roughly it seems like people with LR reservations have had their delivery estimates pushed back while people with Plaid reservations have stayed the same. This would also make sense with what Tesla said that Plaid would come before LR. However these extreme delays without notice are still unacceptable at best!
Nope. Mine still says 10-14 weeks from order date. I think these dates are all relative still to them actually ramping production. Once we see a VIN from someone, then we can all anticipate another few weeks for the earlier orders or me that ordered beginning of March to be 2 months behind (unless there were like 5 people that got an S in Atlanta and then maybe I'll get lucky w a batch that's headed this way hahaha)

I know it’s stating the obvious that July is Q3. But given precedence of shipping most in last month of quarter, does anyone think July is really September?
Well it’s crystal clear if we don’t get our cars delivered by June 30 there will be no urgency to deliver them in July. I’d say some urgency in order to provide good customer service, but I can’t say that with a straight face 😂

Looks like orders made before 1/28/21, LR and Plaid, aren’t showing a delivery date yet.

Anyone different?

Also does anyone have anything in writing about our $2,000 discount for pre-refresh orders being converted? I can’t find anything other than a phone call which I didn’t record.

Looks like orders made before 1/28/21, LR and Plaid, aren’t showing a delivery date yet.

Anyone different?

Also does anyone have anything in writing about our $2,000 discount for pre-refresh orders being converted? I can’t find anything other than a phone call which I didn’t record.
Just the phone call from SA.

Reactions: BarbJohn
I suspect they finally realized their misstep of ignoring Tesla accounts which still said March delivery and just did a blanket update to July. But, I bet they’re now also realizing that it’s better to under-promise and over-deliver, thinking if they roll out refreshed MS deliveries in May and June (Q2), they will in effect be over-delivering and making good on “updated” promises now and guess what, Q2 numbers and profits will be very good given the fact that the MS / MX vehicles are > $100k...that’s lots of $$ coming into the door for Q2 (refreshed MS) and Q3 (refreshed MX?). Just supposition but makes sense to me. Only sucks for us in the sense of expecting Feb, March, or April delivery when it will likely be June.