Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it me or does anyone else wish the black trim was like the 3/Y and a satin finish because now you’re going to get water spots and even worse swirls that will look terrible in the sun
Personally I'm looking for a kit to re-chrome what was de-chromed. Lack of chrome makes the car look cheaper than the pre-refresh models.

Personally I'm looking for a kit to re-chrome what was de-chromed. Lack of chrome makes the car look cheaper than the pre-refresh models.

I prefer chrome over shiny black plastic any day. For anyone who doesn’t know what I’m talking about take a look at a model three/Y in the sun with the black satin trim and then take a look at any Land Rover product or any other product with tons of shiny black plastic and see for yourself. Swirl central. 🤮

Just got this update via chat after the rep said my profile looked good and complete.

At this time, we do not have an update on delivery for your Model S, however, I do have you set as priority delivery. This means you will be one of the first Model S Refreshed model owners to receive their vehicle!

Not clear why I’m set as priority. Because I’m a current Tesla owner or because I’m in CA? Or maybe they say that to everyone. Anyone know what this means?

Ordered 1/30. RN11444 MS LR Red/Black 19” FSD

Reactions: Discoducky
For those of you who don't care that it doesn't tilt, that's not what you are going to think when you are reaching across the damn screen to tap some button.

I assume most of you haven't been long-term model 3 drivers, the screen tilt was one of the things I was really looking forward to. Makes it much more comfortable on the eyes and a lot more safe for using different functions.

This also leads me to conclude that Elon was in fact completely full of *sugar* at the end of Jan and presented the car months before he shouldve, which is pretty typical.

For anyone who cares: They removed it right before the last earnings call.

Just got this update via chat after the rep said my profile looked good and complete.

At this time, we do not have an update on delivery for your Model S, however, I do have you set as priority delivery. This means you will be one of the first Model S Refreshed model owners to receive their vehicle!

Not clear why I’m set as priority. Because I’m a current Tesla owner or because I’m in CA? Or maybe they say that to everyone. Anyone know what this means?

It's usually for people who ordered pre-refresh announcement

not a peep from either reps at the PS location. You must be special as we ordered on same day :)

It's because you're awesome, congrats

@Hayseed_MS

The pictures are exactly the same, I can confirm that, as I've refreshed the page 100x per day for the last 3 months.

However - just looked at the web cache version from Feb - they did indeed remove "left and right tilt" from the text. What the ****?!

For anyone who wants to compare:

More than likely I just mixed it up with all the prototype pictures I've been seeing. Was wondering why the Way Back Machine didn't have anything different when I looked at it.

For those of you who don't care that it doesn't tilt, that's not what you are going to think when you are reaching across the damn screen to tap some button.

I assume most of you haven't been long-term model 3 drivers, the screen tilt was one of the things I was really looking forward to. Makes it much more comfortable on the eyes and a lot more safe for using different functions.

This also leads me to conclude that Elon was in fact completely full of *sugar* at the end of Jan and presented the car months before he shouldve, which is pretty typical.

I can see your point and remove my vote of apathy towards the non-tilt.

Hopefully you are just ruffling your fur for nothing and they will put the tilt back in. They could have removed due to rattle or the screen vibrating too much while driving to read effectively. Who knows with this company?

Reactions: TNGuy99
I can see your point and remove my vote of apathy towards the non-tilt.

Hopefully you are just ruffling your fur for nothing and they will put the tilt back in. They could have removed due to rattle or the screen vibrating too much while driving to read effectively. Who knows with this company?

Yeah, I assume there is a reason, but I don't really like when companies start doing this shady *sugar*. Now we will have to go through the website over and over to make sure some other feature didn't magically change or disappear. Very shady.

Hi my identical twin! I ordered exactly the same model LR Red/Black 19" FSD and also on 1/30 AND mine is also RN11444

This will be my first Tesla. I saw a MS at their showroom and instantly fell in love with the cockpit. A selling point for me was that huge display pointed right at the driver. It was all for me and I loved it. I am of modest means, so I started saving for my own MS. I was about 6 months from being able to pull the trigger when they raised the price by about 12k and changed the display. I specifically passed up the M3 because of the display.

When I saw it tilts towards the driver, I was back on board. Now if they take this away, I will probably still by the car, but every day that display will remind me that I got stuck with something I never wanted.

I wonder if it's possible for the moderators to purge hundreds of pages of off-topic messages from this place once deliveries are happening again.

Some where in this report, I think I saw that prospective owners of MS ordered since Sept are the least happy...

• Funny
Reactions: Leojsayta