Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He admitted he has Asperger's during his SNL monologue this past Sat night and thus far, hasn't refuted that as fact nor said it was a joke of any kind. Many people outside his orbit (myself included) have suspected he's in the Spectrum based on the things he says and how he does things...kinda like a child at heart...I mean who else would put fart sounds to be used as a car horn?!?! And "Ludicrous Mode" or even the "Plaid" reference to the Space Balls movie's outrageous speed mode. Really? It's loony and childish and no real auto manufacturer CEO would ever come up with that and actually implement it. Think about it. And all the super hopeful (and almost childish) things he says that either never come true or if it does happen, it's a bit different and/or majorly delayed. This new "refreshed" MS production and deliveries time schedule just to name 1 small example. :rolleyes:
Fart noises and voice commands like “open butthole” to open the charging port.

Reactions: aerodyne
If your account says July it won’t be until mid-August that it gets updated to “-“.
I hope not; I ordered 2/5/21 and I’m paying cash for a MS Plaid with no trade in. It would be a good financial decision to deliver my car and those like me first. But not sure if Tesla makes good financial decisions or not? Certainly they choose not to communicate, not to advertise, and not to care much about what people think…as long as they put our good EVs.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
I need someone well versed in common core math to chime in here. the chart shows MS sales from Oct 2020-Apr 2021 around 10,000. If marginal production at Fremont can produce just 5000 per month and 4Q2020 they produced 16k S and X models, they should knock out all orders up to April in two months since X deliveries are later this year. Am I missing something about why Aug-Sept deliveries are being mentioned by SAs?
Well, it’s essentially a new car so there will be a learning curve and ramp up to full production. So assuming the first few months of production of the new car will be at the rate of the car they produced unchanged for almost a decade is where the math is irrelevant.

Reactions: Desert Dave
Not only that, but a chip shortage doesn’t mean 3s and Ys are flying out of the factory and not one S/X has been delivered. Makes no sense they put the chips in the lower margin cars and take a six month hiatus in the halo vehicles. None whatsoever.
Do the 3's and Y's have 10 teraflops of processing power like the new S? It could be possible the refresh has a unique chip shortage issue.

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
I hope not; I ordered 2/5/21 and I’m paying cash for a MS Plaid with no trade in. It would be a good financial decision to deliver my car and those like me first. But not sure if Tesla makes good financial decisions or not? Certainly they choose not to communicate, not to advertise, and not to care much about what people think…as long as they put our good EVs.
Same here. Ordered 1/27/21 and got March 1-31 for delivery, changed mid April to July for a day then “-“ from mid-April to now. So, just when I think I’m being cynical, Tesla does something to make me realize I’m not nearly cynical enough.

• Funny
Reactions: Leojsayta
He admitted he has Asperger's during his SNL monologue this past Sat night and thus far, hasn't refuted that as fact nor said it was a joke of any kind. Many people outside his orbit (myself included) have suspected he's in the Spectrum based on the things he says and how he does things...kinda like a child at heart...I mean who else would put fart sounds to be used as a car horn?!?! And "Ludicrous Mode" or even the "Plaid" reference to the Space Balls movie's outrageous speed mode. Really? It's loony and childish and no real auto manufacturer CEO would ever come up with that and actually implement it. Think about it. And all the super hopeful (and almost childish) things he says that either never come true or if it does happen, it's a bit different and/or majorly delayed. This new "refreshed" MS production and deliveries time schedule just to name 1 small example. :rolleyes:
And yet this is appealing to his target audience for the S, middle aged men. So if his corporate strategy and behavior is due to this, what does that say about the people buying his product and embracing his culture? It could just be that he is a man with a great sense of humor. It has served him well so far.

And yet this is appealing to his target audience for the S, middle aged men. So if his corporate strategy and behavior is due to this, what does that say about the people buying his product and embracing his culture? It could just be that he is a man with a great sense of humor. It has served him well so far.
Don’t know. I just want to drive a 1,020 HP/TQ EV with cool tech. That’s pretty much it. I’m annoyed as f-k about how Tesla does the ordering & delivery process with zero communication or customer service for their customers. Delays can happen but when the goalposts are continuously moved further and further away, at least give us something. How about telling the world exactly how the strange 1/2 steering wheel yoke thing works for sharp turns and u-turns? Does it in fact have some sort of computer controlled variable drive-by-wire steering? Or will there likely be a ton of accidents here in South Florida from old people driving these new cars simply because you cannot use the hand-over-hand steering technique?

I don’t mind waiting really…as long as the end result is that flipping good! As long as I can drive one of the best EVs on the market without major issues. I waited about 9 months from my order to delivery for my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE…ordered in March, 2018 and took delivery in Dec, 2018. I have another (ICE) vehicle to drive for now after I sold my I-Pace so I’m good for now. But geez, my account went from March delivery to July and I’m hoping they can just stick with July or maybe even surprise many of us…as an actual (although possibly too late) attempt to “under-promise” and “over-deliver” instead of always doing the opposite.

Reactions: rosegrif1
Seriously? Paying cash with or without a trade in has NOTHING to do with the profit Tesla makes from a car sale. Whether you give them a check or a bank gives them a check, makes zero difference.

Not that anyone's still around... I put in another buy order at 619. Or would you folks wait for 5xx?
LOL
73561117-BB2A-46C0-85B5-1EA1E326BD26.jpeg

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Tigers and sflgator
Don’t know. I just want to drive a 1,020 HP/TQ EV with cool tech. That’s pretty much it. I’m annoyed as f-k about how Tesla does the ordering & delivery process with zero communication or customer service for their customers. Delays can happen but when the goalposts are continuously moved further and further away, at least give us something. How about telling the world exactly how the strange 1/2 steering wheel yoke thing works for sharp turns and u-turns? Does it in fact have some sort of computer controlled variable drive-by-wire steering? Or will there likely be a ton of accidents here in South Florida from old people driving these new cars simply because you cannot use the hand-over-hand steering technique?

I don’t mind waiting really…as long as the end result is that flipping good! As long as I can drive one of the best EVs on the market without major issues. I waited about 9 months from my order to delivery for my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE…ordered in March, 2018 and took delivery in Dec, 2018. I have another (ICE) vehicle to drive for now after I sold my I-Pace so I’m good for now. But geez, my account went from March delivery to July and I’m hoping they can just stick with July or maybe even surprise many of us…as an actual (although possibly too late) attempt to “under-promise” and “over-deliver” instead of always doing the opposite.
Personally I think what he does is hilarious. I agree the communication is unacceptable. I don't expect to get my vehicle till September, but come October I'll be here stressing out and venting.

As for the yoke steering, I think a few accidents are bound to happen. Mainly because most of us will be switching between yoke steering and other vehicles regularly. Loss of situational awareness is where I can see someone grabbing for the top of a wheel that isn't there. It only takes a split second of confusion for silly things to happen. My trucks shifter is on the column, and every time I drive my wife's SUV I end up turning the blinkers on when I try to put in in reverese.

Reactions: JimLL and Tigers
Interesting find here with Florida dealer plates, yoke steering and interior looking complete. Great to have some detailed interior pics. Things I've noticed so far:
-Clear shot of the drivers AC vents under the binnacle display
-White stitching on the center console and door leather, but not on the seats. Seems like this long range may have a console and door panels from a Plaid trim?
-Previous-gen tail lights are just ruining the back end for me. Need the more modern "diffused" LED versions as seen in Model 3/Y.

Last edited:
Interesting find here with Florida dealer plates, yoke steering and interior looking complete. Great to have some detailed interior pics. Things I've noticed so far:
-Clear shot of the drivers AC vents under the binnacle display
-White stitching on the center console leather, but not on the seats. Seems like this long range may have a console from a Plaid trim?
-Previous-gen tail lights are just ruining the back end for me. Need the more modern "diffused" LED versions as seen in Model 3/Y.

Does the center screen look much different and better integrated in these shots or is it just me?

Reactions: elguapo and TNGuy99
Seriously? Paying cash with or without a trade in has NOTHING to do with the profit Tesla makes from a car sale. Whether you give them a check or a bank gives them a check, makes zero difference.
They're not keen on trade-ins and sure, financing gives them the $$ fairly quickly from the bank but a bank cashier's check, cash or wire transfer puts the $$ in thier hands immediately and we all know that profits on the Plaid are more than profits on the LR which seems to be the only logical reason why they appear to be delivering the Plaids first (although that has yet to be proven).

Last edited:
Personally I think what he does is hilarious. I agree the communication is unacceptable. I don't expect to get my vehicle till September, but come October I'll be here stressing out and venting.

As for the yoke steering, I think a few accidents are bound to happen. Mainly because most of us will be switching between yoke steering and other vehicles regularly. Loss of situational awareness is where I can see someone grabbing for the top of a wheel that isn't there. It only takes a split second of confusion for silly things to happen. My trucks shifter is on the column, and every time I drive my wife's SUV I end up turning the blinkers on when I try to put in in reverese.
Strange sense of humor I guess and I'm also from New England originally; grew up just West of Boston.