Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Better off just saving the extra $$ and ordering the tri-motor MS Plaid with 1,020 HP/TQ instead of the MS LR at that point if you were thinking of spending the extra $$ for the new trunk & integrated active wing spoiler. Huge difference between 800 HP/TQ and 1,020 HP/TQ with torque vectoring, and other upgrades of the MS Plaid. Just saying.
40k is a bridge too far for me.

I can’t enter any insurance info as i need a vin number in NY

Or is there a work around?
Someone about 30 pages ago said they would just put in an insurance policy from another vehicle they own to get past that screen.

I really don't think it matters. I'm staying on the insurance screen until I get a VIN.

I can’t enter any insurance info as i need a vin number in NY

Or is there a work around?
I just uploaded a photo of my proof of insurance from my current car, seemed to work. I’ve got a ✔️ on the insurance tab and a June 1 - 30 delivery estimate. According to my SA everything looks fine.

Attachments

• F3EF2BE5-94A7-474A-847B-056106665436.jpeg
    F3EF2BE5-94A7-474A-847B-056106665436.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 50
A further update 6 hours later. My estimated delivery is now June 1 - June 30. If true, that seems to put me in the very early group for my 1148 order number but it may be financially driven as Tesla wants/needs to maximize Q2 deliveries and I’m in So Cal. Maybe the White paint version also helps push me up. Of course, we all don’t know what to believe yet.
Is your order MS Plaid? If so we are in identical configurations with a 1148 RN #

i live in UT

Took my car in for service. Need new tires and alignment. Going to pass. 16k miles on a car I bought in 2018. Right where it's starting to need some extra love. Checked on Carvana again this weekend to see what selling it looks like. It's the highest offer I've gotten. So, it's getting gone as soon as I get a pickup date.

That being said. I'm lucky I've got a second car. Plus work has offered me use of a Model Y that is coming early June (hopefully). So that'll tide me over and I can go ahead and forget about my Model S order till it's ready. Which at this point. I'm not even sure the fake August is correct. Sucks Tesla won't be more upfront and just let us know what's really happening. I knew I wasn't going to be a first delivery. I knew I'd be probably July even though it was outside the window. August is like a slap that Tesla really had no clue on how to execute all the things that went into changing up a manufacturing line. Nobody manning the permits. Everything's a mess. Last minute changes to design. While I'm sure the car will be awesome. I'm now in the stage of anger (what many early on buyers were feeling a few weeks ago haha) ...

Hopefully this will be good steps in the right direction for me and it'll hold me off for a while missing out on the Tesla fun.

Took my car in for service. Need new tires and alignment. Going to pass. 16k miles on a car I bought in 2018. Right where it's starting to need some extra love. Checked on Carvana again this weekend to see what selling it looks like. It's the highest offer I've gotten. So, it's getting gone as soon as I get a pickup date.

Mind sharing the price offered?

GUYS -- Big news, although I cannot confirm anything since it came from a local Tesla Mgr...he just called me saying to please NOT take the June 1 - June 30, 2021 "estimated delivery" time frame on my account (and most if not all of yours as well) as SET in stone; in fact, he alluded to the unfortunate news that most likely, most actual productions and deliveries of the Tesla MS LR & Plaids would be coming in July or Aug, NOT June. He thinks our accounts will likely be updated AGAIN in the coming weeks and pushed back out further. I expressed my frustrations and disappointment with these "games" Tesla (Corporate) is playing with all of us and the complete and utter un-professionalism and lack of transparency and truth! He agreed but said there's really nothing that he can do. So basically Tesla is a F'ing MESS right now. Oh well. :rolleyes:o_O:mad:

Last edited:
Mind sharing the price offered?
$37,552 from Carvana is the highest one I've gotten from anyone. $34,200 was what Tesla was giving (which that plus the $2400 in sales tax rebate was a good deal). It's a 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 fully loaded with ceramic coating, no accidents, clean with minimal curb rash, some lighting upgrades, though none of that really matters to Carvana).

Just scheduled my appt. Friday my baby is getting gone. Then the wait will be on for my MS :)

Reactions: BrianBigNFun
GUYS -- Big news, although I cannot confirm anything since it came from a local Tesla Mgr...he just called me saying to please NOT take the June 1 - June 30, 2021 "estimated delivery" time frame on my account (and most if not all of yours as well) as SET in stone; in fact, he alluded to the unfortunate news that most likely, most actual productions and deliveries of the Tesla MS LR & Plaids would be coming for in July or Aug, NOT June. He thinks our accounts will likely be updated AGAIN in the coming weeks and pushed back out further. I expressed my frustrations and disappointment with these "games" Tesla (Corporate) is playing with all of us and the complete and utter unprofessionalism and lack of transparency and truth! He agreed but said there's really nothing that he can do. So basically Tesla is a F'ing MESS right now. Oh well. :rolleyes:o_O:mad:
I think this is what we should comfortably keep in the back of our minds. We know it likely isn’t possible for most of us since almost everyone happened to get a June update. It’s hopeful but I also imagine we’ll see this date fluctuate until we start seeing vins.

Also cant wait for Gabe’s update flyover any day now.

My order placed on February 5th: MS LR MSM W/Arachnids still says June 1 - 30th.

GUYS -- Big news, although I cannot confirm anything since it came from a local Tesla Mgr...he just called me saying to please NOT take the June 1 - June 30, 2021 "estimated delivery" time frame on my account (and most if not all of yours as well) as SET in stone; in fact, he alluded to the unfortunate news that most likely, most actual productions and deliveries of the Tesla MS LR & Plaids would be coming in July or Aug, NOT June. He thinks our accounts will likely be updated AGAIN in the coming weeks and pushed back out further. I expressed my frustrations and disappointment with these "games" Tesla (Corporate) is playing with all of us and the complete and utter un-professionalism and lack of transparency and truth! He agreed but said there's really nothing that he can do. So basically Tesla is a F'ing MESS right now. Oh well. :rolleyes:o_O:mad:
Not surprising. The Keystone Kops were better organized than Tesla. Still, the June delivery estimates seem to indicate that Tesla management feels they’ve overcome whatever was holding back start of production. Of course once these puppies start moving down the line, they might find new problems. But that was always going to be a possibility, so the sooner they start the sooner THAT can be solved.

Not surprising. The Keystone Kops were better organized than Tesla. Still, the June delivery estimates seem to indicate that Tesla management feels they’ve overcome whatever was holding back start of production. Of course once these puppies start moving down the line, they might find new problems. But that was always going to be a possibility, so the sooner they start the sooner THAT can be solved.
I was just told that more likely, the first batch of productions and deliveries in June (if those actually happen) will go to those pre-refresh announcement orders and not reservations done after the refresh announcement like mine (2/5/21). Most reservation holders from 2/21 - 4/21 will be delivered in July-Aug-Sept timeframe.