Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another point. Although I’d like to get my car in June, as long as they start trickling out by then we’ll see actual cars in the wild and possibly at Tesla stores, so we can see if the car lives up to the hype. It’s one thing to wait a half year for a car that was promised in six weeks, it’s another thing if it doesn’t meet expectations.

GUYS -- Big news, although I cannot confirm anything since it came from a local Tesla Mgr...he just called me saying to please NOT take the June 1 - June 30, 2021 "estimated delivery" time frame on my account (and most if not all of yours as well) as SET in stone; in fact, he alluded to the unfortunate news that most likely, most actual productions and deliveries of the Tesla MS LR & Plaids would be coming in July or Aug, NOT June. He thinks our accounts will likely be updated AGAIN in the coming weeks and pushed back out further. I expressed my frustrations and disappointment with these "games" Tesla (Corporate) is playing with all of us and the complete and utter un-professionalism and lack of transparency and truth! He agreed but said there's really nothing that he can do. So basically Tesla is a F'ing MESS right now. Oh well. :rolleyes:o_O:mad:
LOL "Big news, although I cannot confirm". The only confirmation will be VIN assignments. No reason to get excited or disappoint with any changes with delivery news. We will know if June is a good date in a couple of weeks.

LOL "Big news, although I cannot confirm". The only confirmation will be VIN assignments. No reason to get excited or disappoint with any changes with delivery news. We will know if June is a good date in a couple of weeks.
Well, I was just trying to get everyone's attention to the sad fact that nobody should get too excited and yes, VIN assignments will be key. But, it appears now with this information I just received (if accurate), most people won't see VIN assignments at least into the 2nd week of June which puts deliveries into July at the earliest. That's my point. So, those who were very skeptical of actual June deliveries are likely correct. I am reminded of the TMC member (forget who) who posted a picture of a huge dump truck tossing around a mountain of salt, saying "take the updated June delivery estimate with a grain of salt." LOL. 😂

Well, I was just trying to get everyone's attention to the sad fact that nobody should get too excited and yes, VIN assignments will be key. But, it appears now with this information I just received (if accurate), most people won't see VIN assignments at least into the 2nd week of June which puts deliveries into July at the earliest. That's my point. So, those who were very skeptical of actual June deliveries are likely correct. I am reminded of the TMC member (forget who) who posted a picture of a huge dump truck tossing around a mountain of salt, saying "take the updated June delivery estimate with a grain of salt." LOL. 😂

1621105026801.png

MS Plaid, red, white interior, with the upgraded wheels, FSD. You ordered more than a month before me!
I think they must be pushing the plaids out faster than the LR. Makes sense when you look at the time-frame for new orders. Maybe they have 1 line configured for each, and since there are less plaid orders they go out faster. Maybe Elon doesn't like my face. Could be almost anything

I don't believe anyone's SA...just look at all the different *sugar* we've been told. Hell one guy said his SA told him that they expected "a bunch of model s" next month. So yeah, I'm sure some of us will get cars in June and I'm sure some of us will get cars in July and I assume most of us will get cars probably closer to August.

Also I don't understand why everyone keeps saying that they are making more plaids than not. They have a larger backlog to fill for long range I would assume they're going to try to get those out as quickly as possible. The only reason the plaid timeline is shorter is because very few people are ordering those compared to the long range variant that correlates with the small data set that we have in the spreadsheet.

This is the most negative group I have ever seen. We know the SA know nothing, but one says the new dates are bad and everyone jumps on it that it won't happen. Why do you think this advisor has any knowledge?

Tesla thought they were ready, found a few issues that delayed it 3-4 months and that is what seems to be happening. The random guesses and theories have been everywhere, Tesla statements have been consistent.

This is the most negative group I have ever seen. We know the SA know nothing, but one says the new dates are bad and everyone jumps on it that it won't happen. Why do you think this advisor has any knowledge?

Tesla thought they were ready, found a few issues that delayed it 3-4 months and that is what seems to be happening. The random guesses and theories have been everywhere, Tesla statements have been consistent.
If we see VINs being assigned by 6/7, so within the next 3 weeks or so, then yes, 'some' Tesla MS vehicles will be delivered some time in June, but it's likely a 99% chance that most or all of us whose accounts updated from March to July and now to June 1 - June 30, will not get VINs until mid-end of June at the earliest which means we're back to July delivery (at the earliest)...so the M'Fers should've just left the accounts the way they were...JULY or AUG estimated delivery. Period.

Submitted insurance picture. Says next I have to submit payment but i’m using Tesla Financing and have been pre-approved
I am guessing that you just submitted your insurance within the last 24 hours. Need to be patient. It takes Tesla a couple of business days to update your account. But you are doing the right thing. By getting all of the delivery hurdles done as fast as you can.

Reactions: T-Racer

That 3-4 month delay was so they could add a retractable wing to the LR. Right? RIGHT?!

It's clearly coming to the Plaid all of the testers we have seen have one!
Yeah, and then they said "What about the LR?" And then someone said "Well we would have to delay production for months if we did that." And then someone said "Just offer no communication. They'll blame it on chip shortages."

...Tesla statements have been consistent[ly]...bad at: communicating, building timelines, providing updates, outright guessing and explaining what's been happening.

...Tesla statements have been consistent[ly]...bad at: communicating, building timelines, providing updates, outright guessing and explaining what's been happening.
We finally have updates to our account after waiting for months and there are still people reporting SA as if it’s fact and it sends everyone in a frenzy. If anything those updates proved all the “reports” from SA were false and can’t be trusted.

I disagree with your position. Tesla's CEO said in January that the car was already in production. I consider that statement a lie.

Still, I do assume that my date range of June 1 to June 30 is correct. I see no upside for Tesla to change it from July to June unless they think June is accurate. (By contrast, I think there was an upside for Tesla to lie in January that my car would be delivered in March, because it induced me to make a purchase I otherwise might not have made.)

Last edited:
Reactions: JimLL
We finally have updates to our account after waiting for months and there are still people reporting SA as if it’s fact and it sends everyone in a frenzy. If anything those updates proved all the “reports” from SA were false and can’t be trusted.
The question I have is whether or not the SAs have been updated regularly by Tesla HQ or left to figure it out for themselves. I believe it's more the latter. I also think that Tesla corporate could have done a better job of explaining what's been going on. That's part of the PR department that has so conveniently been let go.