Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree with your position. Tesla's CEO said in January that the car was already in production. I consider that statement a lie.

Still, I do assume that my date range of June 1 to June 30 is correct. I see no upside for Tesla to change it from July to June unless they think June is accurate. (By contrast, I think there was an upside for Tesla to lie in January that my car would be delivered in March, because it induced me to make a purchase I otherwise might not have made.)
Seriously? The car was going into production when testing showed the batteries to be unsafe. Production was halted and engineering went to work on a redesign to remedy the safety issue. Then production resumed/about to resume. This seems quite clear from Musk’s statements. The man is not Dr Evil. He is not an evil genius. He couldn’t tell us an update until engineering could remedy the issue and test it. What good would it have done to tell us he determined that the cars that were made were unsafe without telling us when they would be remedied?

Let us all be thankful as stockholders and/or current/future customers that the issue was found before cars shipped. I for one am profoundly thankful that we were not given Fiskers! 🙏

The question I have is whether or not the SAs have been updated regularly by Tesla HQ or left to figure it out for themselves. I believe it's more the latter. I also think that Tesla corporate could have done a better job of explaining what's been going on. That's part of the PR department that has so conveniently been let go.

For what it’s worth, my SA and others in the DC area all said the same thing for the last two months: “It’s looking like June for the first cars to roll out. We have no other information as they tell us nothing concrete ever. Usually when the techs get called for training, we know the cars are coming.”

I have become a believer in the wing being a production feature in the Plaid + at a minimum. I think it is very unlikely to be in the LR but possible for the Plaid. I agree with many of the comments about this being far different from the 2019 case.
You all need to stop stomping on my dreams. :rolleyes:

I have become a believer in the wing being a production feature in the Plaid + at a minimum. I think it is very unlikely to be in the LR but possible for the Plaid. I agree with many of the comments about this being far different from the 2019 case.
Both the Plaid and Plaid + are spec’d to be able hit 200. Makes sense that they both would benefit from additional downforce. Yes, that takes away from top speed, but for those that would know, coming around turn 1 at Cal Speedway at 150, would you try it without a wing?

For anyone who disagreed that wind tunnel testing would make a lot more sense for an active wing than trying to chisel .001 Cd off the car, seriously?

Both the Plaid and Plaid + are spec’d to be able hit 200. Makes sense that they both would benefit from additional downforce. Yes, that takes away from top speed, but for those that would know, coming around turn 1 at Cal Speedway at 150, would you try it without a wing?

For anyone who disagreed that wind tunnel testing would make a lot more sense for an active wing than trying to chisel .001 Cd off the car, seriously?

I believe they wind tunnel tested it. That has nothing to do with it being plaid+. I just think the user who posted it had no idea what they were seeing and your can't blame them.

For what it’s worth, my SA and others in the DC area all said the same thing for the last two months: “It’s looking like June for the first cars to roll out. We have no other information as they tell us nothing concrete ever. Usually when the techs get called for training, we know the cars are coming.”

If we REALLY want to know what’s going on then this is what one of you needs to do:
  1. Go to a local Auto Show.
  2. Climb on top of a Tesla floor sample (I recommend a Cybertruck).
  3. Start frantically screaming that the brakes failed on your Model S and waving a placard stating the same.
  4. Eventually be dragged struggling off the convention floor by security.
Presto!! Information will be forthcoming!

So who is going to volunteer?!?

I’m not buying it. My Two cents. Looks like orders from September 2020 through February 2021 maybe even March have delivery dates in June. I think they revised the estimating algorithm that was used with the original line to work with the new line. Until VIN #s get assigned and a few thousand cars are built and put on trucks it’s useless. I ordered in October 2020. My SA said she would be surprised if any deliveries happened before July.

• Funny
Reactions: Tigers
Finally changed!!

0A2228D7-34C9-4F34-9C3D-6F1EE31219AE.png

Now that I'm less eager to get it. When it comes it'll come (my anger state was very short). I changed from black to white interior and now I'm at blank. No estimated delivery line. But I'm at peace with it now. It it cames in 2021 I'll be good.
  • denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining.
  • depression.
  • acceptance.
Congratulations on reaching stage 5. ;)

Im also in DC area...i just want to see a review of it.. It would make feel so much better

Reactions: JimLL and PWRUP
Well for what it's worth....

I feel like I SHOULD BE in the first batch. I have a pre-refresh order that was then converted the morning after the announcement.

Yesterday, i was listed as June 1-30.

Today it changed to June 23-30. I am south Florida delivery.

I'm ok with the timeframe so long as they stick to it.

Reactions: T-Racer