Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I told you guys so. I talk to a couple people and something changes. Hmmm? And my account now says August!!! 😉🤬.

However, this new August date is of course subject to change AGAIN! These games they play are unprofessional and horrible. Tesla should really get a better handle on this stuff.

But, perhaps now they “get it” and are now setting most people to August with the anticipation of July deliveries so they somehow now look like they were “underestimating while over-delivering!” Bastards! 😜🤬

RN 1140. Order 10/2020. Still 6/1 to 6/30. Was this the BIG May 10 announcement. See picture above.
I Don’t know what’s better the new dates or the announcements from Tesla.
I’m sticking with the followers of the VIN. This is worthless.

Last edited:
From now on, I'll be doing a 24-hour early access to my mid-tier Patreon members. The current flyover video is now available to them.

I'll post the link to this forum tomorrow for all of you to enjoy.

I'm hoping this message is acceptable to the mods. I won't be advertising any more and will be posting my public videos just as in the past - but with a delay.

View attachment 662687

Lots of blue, black, and gray. No red - sorry @Tigers

I’ve seen some people mention that they ordered pre-refresh and were promised a $2,000 credit. Does that mean you don’t get the original price on your order agreement? i.e. the price before the $10,000 increase?

I saw one other person mention their Plaid+ order was a great “investment” because the $1,000 deposit saved them $12,000 ($2k FSD and $10k car price increases).

Which scenario is correct? Do you pay the current price post increase, or pay what was advertised when you reserved?

FRUSTRATED!!! My financing offer has now officially expired. Ordered 2/12, hard credit pull and finance offer done. Original March delivery, then 4-8 weeks, now June 1-30. Called SA, he says he is changing it to Cash, and once he can see the actual location of car, and VIN, we will change it back to financing. I am afraid it is about to bounce my date back.....
MSM Plaid S 21" Arachnid Black interior
Southern California.
I am curious. why would you pull your credit with no delivery timeframe in sight especially given Tesla's history. My SA specifically told me not to pull credit history and switch to cash so that the profile seems "complete".

I’ve seen some people mention that they ordered pre-refresh and were promised a $2,000 credit. Does that mean you don’t get the original price on your order agreement? i.e. the price before the $10,000 increase?

I saw one other person mention their Plaid+ order was a great “investment” because the $1,000 deposit saved them $12,000 ($2k FSD and $10k car price increases).

Which scenario is correct? Do you pay the current price post increase, or pay what was advertised when you reserved?

They both are correct as they are different.

In the first one someone ordered a Model S unaware that the refresh was about to happen. They agreed to a certain price of a car. The new car comes out and justifiably costs more. To make those customers feel better about the price increase on a dramatically superior car they were given $2k off.

The other scenario is people who ordered a Plaid before the refresh closer to when it was announced but knowing it would be a long while and knowing the actual car would be different by the time it came out. Those orders were converted to Plaid+ and FSD at the time was $8k. I had said many times that the Plaid+ was priced too close to the Plaid as I couldn’t see someone who would pay for the upgrade over the standard S not just pay comparatively a little more for the Plaid+ as it is a superior vehicle. Anyway, they eventually raised the price of the Plaid+ $10k and raised FSD by $2k, also raised the premium interior by $500 I believe. Those people, myself included, are now ~$12,500 ahead of the game depending upon the spec and order time of the Plaid+.

Unfortunately for me I ordered Blue as my kid loves the color. Now, I want red and probably won’t be able to change the color without getting my other prices updated as well. This unfortunate situation will likely force me into simply getting a red Roadster. lol

If the Plaid+ comes out much before it seems like the Roadster comes out I wonder if, due to demand, etc, how much I’d get hit by trading in my Model 3 for the Plaid+ then selling privately when the Roadster comes out. Will it depreciate more than ~$15k in a few months where I could simply sell it at a very slight loss? Hmmm

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
I am curious. why would you pull your credit with no delivery timeframe in sight especially given Tesla's history. My SA specifically told me not to pull credit history and switch to cash so that the profile seems "complete".
My SA back in Feb said deliveries were coming in March so it was only a couple of weeks away. My current MS took two weeks. I was not knowledgable to Tesla track record on new model deliveries. Lesson learned

Reactions: jaguar36