Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the VIN gets generated as soon as the car is off the line and then it gets assigned to the first applicable order based on the database. Even if someone lives across the street from Fremont - it should likely take 3-5 business days from off-the-line to delivery. So - we can see VINs as late as end of next week or so if it is going to be June 1.

Oh yeah - you're going to be August/September for sure. There ain't no way you are getting one of these in June with an April 9th order.

No hate towards you personally, but it is somewhat reassuring that maybe these new dates are getting more and more accurate. Initially, everyone getting June-ish had to have been a mistake and it seems like Tesla is reworking all of that. Sorry bud, but I do think overall at least it means the system is getting some mix ups worked out.

I feel like us no date people are going to get worked in depending on the RN/spec at the end of the re-sort, like last time.
Back to Estimated Delivery: June 22 - June 30 lol

• Funny
Reactions: Tigers
what about all those "off the line in Gabeincal's video? Those 50-100 folks should have had a VIN by now. maybe they're still prioritizing the database....but soon there will be VINs, lots of VINs, and hundreds more pages here
I believe the VIN gets generated as soon as the car is off the line and then it gets assigned to the first applicable order based on the database. Even if someone lives across the street from Fremont - it should likely take 3-5 business days from off-the-line to delivery. So - we can see VINs as late as end of next week or so if it is going to be June 1.

Reactions: T-Racer and jsight
what about all those "off the line in Gabeincal's video? Those 50-100 folks should have had a VIN by now. maybe they're still prioritizing the database....but soon there will be VINs, lots of VINs, and hundreds more pages here
But there are thousands of cars on order and most of those people are not on a forum telling everyone about it. We are a small sample of the current wait list.

OK - I give up.

@Desert Dave there was a user on the model y section who said he talked to a Tesla person that mentioned they were creating and getting out showroom cars. My guess is, they are all showroom cars.
Arrrrgh.......just what we need, showroom cars delivered before all the folks who've been waiting for months. It's not like they need to generate more demand. Oh, I forgot...we're dealing with Tesla.

But there are thousands of cars on order and most of those people are not on a forum telling everyone about it. We are a small sample of the current wait list.

I really think we have enough sample size to hear about VINs assigned. If there were any.

We have people here with October reservations, and many like myself in December.

I really doubt these are showroom demo cars. The car carriers are likely taking them to the Tesla logistics lot near the railheads.

Once they have VIN assignments, they leave from there.

My order is still 6/1-6/30, but I would actually love if those first cars were showroom/demo cars. At this point, I don't even care when I get it anymore, but I do want SOMEONE to get them, so we can get reviews or possibly test drives.
I think we are being led to believe that something is happening with random delivery timeline updates. Until actual VIN assignment news appear in social media, we cannot believe the actual delivery schedule based on lessons learnt so far.

Just got off the phone with SA, who didn't sound all that confident about anything, so take this with a massive grain of salt. His info:
1. Plaids are coming first, starting in last weeks of June
2. Likely that black interior models could be shipped before white
3. Yoke will go on Plaid, standard wheel on LR. This was even admitted to be speculation, and certainly doesn't sound true, but I figured I'd put it here anyway.

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer
Just got off the phone with SA, who didn't sound all that confident about anything, so take this with a massive grain of salt. His info:
3. Yoke will go on Plaid, standard wheel on LR. This was even admitted to be speculation, and certainly doesn't sound true, but I figured I'd put it here anyway.
1621270474603.png

Only point #2 may have any truth. Others are insulting grains of salt

Most likely none of this is true.

I got to say that your SA is full of ….. *sugar*

I don't believe a single word any has SA said so far. I know a guy, sold me my first S in 2015, that is pretty high up the food chain now at Tesla and he honestly said there is no word whatsoever as of last Friday coming out of Fremont. I genuinely think we will know more from VINs hitting our apps / account / emails before anything substantive comes from Tesla proper.

I’m guessing all the Model S’ seen in the logistics lot are being held until they can be completed. Possible they are still missing components that can be installed post main assembly. Wasn’t there mention of something like this in the last earnings call?