Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m guessing all the Model S’ seen in the logistics lot are being held until they can be completed. Possible they are still missing components that can be installed post main assembly. Wasn’t there mention of something like this in the last earnings call?
Yeah, Elon mentioned that they are stacking them in a yard and fixing the parts. I guess that might be their "yard".

Reactions: derevan007
I can tell you that this tracking sheet is about as accurate as any SA statement. Every time I check it my info is wrong, too many people don't understand how to add a row at the bottom and to fill out each column. So every time I update my info, I know someone else's is now wrong. FWIW, white on black with 6/1-6/30 dates.

It is regrettable that we don't have any high quality information isn't it? And that we have to piece together data ourselves.

Good luck on getting your car quickly.

I can tell you that this tracking sheet is about as accurate as any SA statement. Every time I check it my info is wrong, too many people don't understand how to add a row at the bottom and to fill out each column. So every time I update my info, I know someone else's is now wrong. FWIW, white on black with 6/1-6/30 dates.
I just checked mine and my red with black interior was changed to black with white interior. State was wrong too.

I got a quote from my insurance (State Farm) replacing my '17 MS 75 with refresh. I expected a huge difference (just in value alone). Bottom line was it will be about $50 more per year! Surprised the heck out of me that it was such a small increase.
I was also pleasantly surprised that insurance with State Farm for Plaid was only a ~$200 year increase over my Performance Model 3. $1400/yr new premium with 250/500/100. Only $100/yr more for the LR.

I believe the VIN gets generated as soon as the car is off the line and then it gets assigned to the first applicable order based on the database. Even if someone lives across the street from Fremont - it should likely take 3-5 business days from off-the-line to delivery. So - we can see VINs as late as end of next week or so if it is going to be June 1.
I think this is normally true, but if you look over at the Y forum, there are a BUNCH of folks who have been told their Ys on the lot but haven't been assigned VINs. I think it's unique to an issue they're having with the Y, but it's the first I've ever seen this from Tesla.

Clearly, with any other car, you don't get assigned a VIN until you buy it (super cars aside)...

I think this is normally true, but if you look over at the Y forum, there are a BUNCH of folks who have been told their Ys on the lot but haven't been assigned VINs. I think it's unique to an issue they're having with the Y, but it's the first I've ever seen this from Tesla.

Clearly, with any other car, you don't get assigned a VIN until you buy it (super cars aside)...
Weren't the Mach-E orders assigned VINs in an almost Tesla-like fashion? Or maybe I misread that.

Anyway, it does seem like the process might be changing for Tesla.

I got a quote from my insurance (State Farm) replacing my '17 MS 75 with refresh. I expected a huge difference (just in value alone). Bottom line was it will be about $50 more per year! Surprised the heck out of me that it was such a small increase.
I ended up taking comp/collision off my 2015 P85D the last few years because my insurance went UP every year as the value cratered. So it’s no surprise that getting a slight increase by replacing a current Tesla, unless unlike me you’re insurance has been going down.

Reactions: Desert Dave
Interesting observation (not mine): My wife was with some friends in Palm Springs having "snacks & alcohol" and she told me she saw what appeared to be a new MS MSM blacked out with paper (California temporary) plate on the rear. From my view this could be from:
1. Delivery to "VIP" (Bill Gates, or others) with $MM vacation homes in the area
2. Used, blacked out MS just purchased and has temp plates
3. Too much alcohol
4. I imagined the whole conversation

For the sake of argument. When one considers purchasing any other car make, does one get a packet of owners manuals and videos sent 14 days before? I trust when I arrive for pickup of my new car it will take no more than a few moments to get the basics of operation. Skinny pedal, wide pedal, turny thing, intuitively labeled functions for P,R,N,D.
Doesn’t matter. Manuals are all online now.

Interesting observation (not mine): My wife was with some friends in Palm Springs having "snacks & alcohol" and she told me she saw what appeared to be a new MS MSM blacked out with paper (California temporary) plate on the rear. From my view this could be from:
1. Delivery to "VIP" (Bill Gates, or others) with $MM vacation homes in the area
2. Used, blacked out MS just purchased and has temp plates
3. Too much alcohol
4. I imagined the whole conversation

I purchased a car with yoke steering. If it arrives without it, I will most likely cancel my order. Not because I am sold on yoke steering, but because it is not what I paid for.

Haven't you been reading this forum on how the yoke will kill you and there is no way you will ever learn to drive it?