Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who has the link to the most recent list/spreadsheet? Please...

Reactions: webshot
I am in the same boat. I never did full or partial PPF on any of my cars- ie. BMW F86, GTR, R8, F Type R, this list goes on. It will only "help" in selling value if you're willing to spend the time doing a private party transaction. Personally, private party sales are a waste of time and not worth the headache. Dealers don't care much about chips/scratches as long as they're not too big and in terms of substantial damage- I have only known one person who paid for a full PPF and got their moneys worth from a falling tree branch. I am more inclined to do a PPF just so car washing saves time and is easier. In the end, it's your property and you should do what makes you happy.
Yeah the chips in the paint are going to break my heart. Garage kept, and maintained clean, I'm not too worried about bug, bird or tar stains. I can't imagine spending 5-9k for paint protection is going to give that money back if I sell the car in 10 years. Definitely won't be worth it in 2.

Reactions: Emiller
Looks like they are giving the option of carbon fiber or wood trim on the plaid now on the configurator.
Wow nice catch.. I’m surprised I missed that.. I’ll see if I can switch to wood without messing up my timeline ughh. If it’s too late, I’d be happy to swap my cf for someone’s ‘dark’ wood trim (within 200 miles.) I know how to do the swap.

I have seen several ridiculous cases of 16 year olds driving their own Lambos to high school. I find that inexplicable.

On the other hand, both of my teenage daughters drive Teslas and to the casual observer they appear incredibly spoiled. For my particular situation, it just makes economic sense. The Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus can be leased with nothing down for around $400 per month. We have a large 15Kw photovoltaic system that produces all of the electricity for our house and multiple EV's with nothing spent on electricity. I could buy my daughters Toyota Corolla's for about $200 per month and give them $200 per month in gas and we would be in the same situation. However, the operating costs on the Tesla are actually lower with no tune-ups, oil changes, or regular maintenance required.

Additionally, with the Tesla app I can always see if my kids are safe. I feel secure knowing that they are driving one of the safest cars on the road. Furthermore, I can monitor where they are, how fast they are driving and even set a speed limit so they won't drive too fast. I don't know any other cars where this is possible. It was an easy decision for our family.

My model S is showing an August delivery at this very moment. Who knows what it will say this afternoon!
While mildly OT, it's of use for those looking for something to tide them over while the next gen Model S's and X's trickle out, and for those that have teenagers: where can one lease a Model 3 SR+ for $400 / month, with zero down?

This is certainly not the case on Tesla.com; do please share where/how this is done.

Thx!

Yeah the chips in the paint are going to break my heart. Garage kept, and maintained clean, I'm not too worried about bug, bird or tar stains. I can't imagine spending 5-9k for paint protection is going to give that money back if I sell the car in 10 years. Definitely won't be worth it in 2.
Yes the real mind boggling transactions are the owners of Model 3 SR/LR paying 20% of the vehicle's MSRP for PPF. What a time to be in that industry!

In my experience, Tan doesn’t age well compared to black or white.
Mine was different the tan in my '13 P85 help up great, looked as good as new

I recall they did this, or at least it seemed they did this, with the Model 3 in 2018.
They cannot recognize the whole $10K as revenue (and profits) as FSD is still not considered feature complete (whatever that means)
Who has the link to the most recent list/spreadsheet? Please...

While they are doing the media event around the Plaid to build hype, I do not thing that means generally delivery will prioritize Plaid of LR. All those cars sitting around in the flyovers represent tied up capital and they will want to move them off the books ASAP. AS soon as they fix whatever technical or supply chain issue they have, I think they will look to move them as fast as hey can deliver them.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
While mildly OT, it's of use for those looking for something to tide them over while the next gen Model S's and X's trickle out, and for those that have teenagers: where can one lease a Model 3 SR+ for $400 / month, with zero down?

This is certainly not the case on Tesla.com; do please share where/how this is done.

Thx!
I just looked on Tesla.com and I can see you now need to put over 3K down to get a similar lease rate. Back in 2019 when we leased the car - they had a standard range for 35k and a standard range plus for 37K. Tesla is selling the same car for 40K today, so that same deal is obviously no longer available.

Looking at the recent flyovers, I still chose the blue, but that red does look sharp (I will deny it if you tell @Tigers that I said that).

Also, does it appear that there are very few Plaids and most are LR (going strictly by no spoiler).

1621612324727.png

BTW - still no date - and the Plaid+ is also greyed out for me as well.

• Funny
Reactions: Drew-MS
I think besides not ordering FSD being East coast is another thing that works against prioritization since they can’t ship a car back half of June and ensure it’s delivered by EOQ June 30. That could explain why it’s showing August for an Ohio delivery.
As of now, I'm still 6/1-6/30 in Michigan, but that's FSD and Plaid.

3/24 order; Plaid; MSM; Cream; Michigan; Current Delivery Estimate: 6/1-6/30