Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a lawyer (no kidding, I am), and you're right, even without the caveat of what they "led you to believe".

My point was that, if Tesla was seriously going to deliver in June to those that ordered today, at worst you'd lose $100 to just place another order. All I meant is that it's all PR-speak, and it would be the worst PR event ever if it ended up happening.

Hypothetically, would it be a worse PR move to let people order a car (say in January) when they knew production had stopped and there was no way to fulfill their order. However, again still hypothetically, modify or refresh the vehicle increasing the previously agreed upon price by $10k. Telling them it is in production when it was not and telling them it would be delivered and it was not. This is all hypothetical because I do not know a company that would do this to its customers. And yet, I am still hypothetically excited to get the vehicle.

Hypothetically, would it be a worse PR move to let people order a car (say in January) when they knew production had stopped and there was no way to fulfill their order. However, again still hypothetically, modify or refresh the vehicle increasing the previously agreed upon price by $10k. Telling them it is in production when it was not and telling them it would be delivered and it was not. This is all hypothetical because I do not know a company that would do this to its customers. And yet, I am still hypothetically excited to get the vehicle.
I reacted to your post as "funny" although really, there's nothing "funny" about what Tesla does and how they treat their customers with such sh1tty, false, misleading, and deceptive marketing and business strategies. Not cool. :mad:

Just got unsolicited non-update from SA, full of sugar, I mean hope. 🤣

Attachments

• 807E5FAB-0B7C-48C3-99D6-419F2B327299.png
    807E5FAB-0B7C-48C3-99D6-419F2B327299.png
    492.7 KB · Views: 84
I wish I knew how to "thumbs up" and all that, but maybe my account is too new.

I mean, right, wrong or otherwise, they know they can do it cause any potential PR hit (which, let's be honest, would be short lived for now) is outweigh by all of us eagerly waiting (and continuing to wait).

I'm not gonna get my MS LR, Black, Arachnids until well after everyone here (nor should I, I'm a May 1 order), but I'm tempted to go Plaid just to get "a" car, even though I know it wouldn't happen.

I believe this means that, according to the status reported by manufacturing and delivery, you are one step closer to getting your car that those with just the date (and 2 steps closer than those without a date)
Many people who ordered early with a "-" who then go to June, then back to "-" indicates to me that "-" is getting their cars before people with a date.

For those complaining that their date is further out than the estimate for a new order on the site, consider your location as the website estimate doesn't until you tell them....

Not really going back to the Tesla MS Plaid vs Porsche Taycan discussion but just as an FYI and wanted to know if this has ever happened to a Tesla????

FYI - this happened to me in my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV. The thing just DIED in the middle of a busy street. NOT fun! Scary and dangerous!!! 😳☹️

Porsche Taycan investigated for total loss of power while driving
My MS had few glitches while driving where the center console rebooted three times so far... first when it happened, I was waiting at a STOP signal and was wondering whether call will move or not... but when i pressed accelerator after having emergency lights turned ON (not sure whether the lights were even ON coz there's no single light/indicator that worked in the car, the car moved but took almost few minutes for any display to come back. When i reported the issue, they checked the vehicle logs and said vehicle didn't lose power. Unsure whether it has any kind of backup/reserve power to operate when central console gets reset for any reasons.

My MS had few glitches while driving where the center console rebooted three times so far... first when it happened, I was waiting at a STOP signal and was wondering whether call will move or not... but when i pressed accelerator after having emergency lights turned ON (not sure whether the lights were even ON coz there's no single light/indicator that worked in the car, the car moved but took almost few minutes for any display to come back. When i reported the issue, they checked the vehicle logs and said vehicle didn't lose power. Unsure whether it has any kind of backup/reserve power to operate when central console gets reset for any reasons.
Sure, I can see the screen freezes & reboots being a problem in the Tesla's (and in many vehicles now & then actually) but what I'm talking about and what occurred in my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV and apparently what's being investigated in the Porche Taycans now by the NHTSA is a TOTAL LOSS of POWER where the EV just suddenly without warning shuts down while driving in the middle of the road. Crazy and dangerous!!!! In my Jaguar I-Pace, the problem was some connection failure to charge the smaller aux battery, so the system just SHUT everything down and I coasted to a stop in the middle of the road (with traffic all around me...not fun). Sounds like some of the Porsche Taycans are having the same problem! o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer
Clearly something is awry. All of my vehicles have disappeared.
2018 Model 3 & 2018 Models S
Plus all the cars we have on order.
Cybertruck
Model S Plaid+
Referral Roadster
Model S long range

Only Solar powerwall & a tee shirt showing up.
The app is also missing all of my referrals (70) and my free supercharging miles (over 102K) in the loot box