Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My favorite part of this forum is the repeat topics...it is like watching a live episode of Lost. For anyone new that doesn't want to scroll through 1538 other pages:

-Your SA is wrong. Always. Do not trust them. Do not trust what anyone here says they heard from theirs. Do not let any of that information drive you to have any emotion, or take any action. Those conversations are for entertainment only
-The Yolk will be there. It is on the ones in the lot, there is not an NTSB thing, it is real
-The website is garbage. It will update, change, give you a car on blocks, give you a "-" or "blank" or "date range" without warning and without meaning. Nerds making the website have no bearing on your actual delivery date, which at this point, no one knows for sure...not even King Elon
-The date you ordered likely has as much bearing on your delivery timeline as the 3rd letter in your middle name. They are backed up and are going to push as many as they can, to the most people they can, as fast as they can. That means sacrificing what you think is fair. Will be awesome for some, *sugary for others
-There is a bootleg spreadsheet we are using to track orders of the members of the page...it is fun, and another way to speculate and pontificate and yell at one another
-The tax break is very unlikely to affect MS orders...it has not been looked at by Ways and Means since it was dropped to them on Feb 3, and will likely be to incentivize normal mortals to buy lower end EVs. Not superheroes buying top-end bad-assery
-When you are mad and want to cancel your order, say something about the Porsche Taycan...it is the first alternative to the MS apparently, and spins everyone up for about 3 pages of posts
-Tigers is getting a red MS....he may be the only one
-Sam comes in every 10 days, drops insider information and then vanishes like batman
-El Guapo will correct any engineering, production, website code or other technical post on here...I'm fairly certain he is a cyborg
-sflgator will be super mad at you if you get your car before him and ordered after him. the "sfl" is "south florida"...if you get your car before him, don't tell him
-Hayseed's dog icon will cheer you up regardless of how mad you are at what someone else has said

Let me know if I missed anything, team. This forum is the best part of my day. Recommend we keeping it open after we all start getting deliveries and find something else to *sugar on. On a serious note...if Elon said they will be pumping out 2000-2500/week, and Plaid is going to start going on June 3, it shouldn't take SUPER long to clear the backlog of those and move on to the LR, right? Discuss...

My favorite part of this forum is the repeat topics...it is like watching a live episode of Lost. For anyone new that doesn't want to scroll through 1538 other pages:

-Your SA is wrong. Always. Do not trust them. Do not trust what anyone here says they heard from theirs. Do not let any of that information drive you to have any emotion, or take any action. Those conversations are for entertainment only
-The Yolk will be there. It is on the ones in the lot, there is not an NTSB thing, it is real
-The website is garbage. It will update, change, give you a car on blocks, give you a "-" or "blank" or "date range" without warning and without meaning. Nerds making the website have no bearing on your actual delivery date, which at this point, no one knows for sure...not even King Elon
-The date you ordered likely has as much bearing on your delivery timeline as the 3rd letter in your middle name. They are backed up and are going to push as many as they can, to the most people they can, as fast as they can. That means sacrificing what you think is fair. Will be awesome for some, *sugary for others
-There is a bootleg spreadsheet we are using to track orders of the members of the page...it is fun, and another way to speculate and pontificate and yell at one another
-The tax break is very unlikely to affect MS orders...it has not been looked at by Ways and Means since it was dropped to them on Feb 3, and will likely be to incentivize normal mortals to buy lower end EVs. Not superheroes buying top-end bad-assery
-When you are mad and want to cancel your order, say something about the Porsche Taycan...it is the first alternative to the MS apparently, and spins everyone up for about 3 pages of posts
-Tigers is getting a red MS....he may be the only one
-Sam comes in every 10 days, drops insider information and then vanishes like batman
-El Guapo will correct any engineering, production, website code or other technical post on here...I'm fairly certain he is a cyborg
-sflgator will be super mad at you if you get your car before him and ordered after him. the "sfl" is "south florida"...if you get your car before him, don't tell him
-Hayseed's dog icon will cheer you up regardless of how mad you are at what someone else has said

Let me know if I missed anything, team. This forum is the best part of my day. Recommend we keeping it open after we all start getting deliveries and find something else to *sugar on. On a serious note...if Elon said they will be pumping out 2000-2500/week, and Plaid is going to start going on June 3, it shouldn't take SUPER long to clear the backlog of those and move on to the LR, right? Discuss...

What if your middle name has only 2 letters?🤗

just FWIW my blue plaid order still says August. I placed the order sometime early April. I really like the MYP I ordered to "test the waters" of EVs, so I'm not stressing over it. I'd rather the car be right.

I'd be lying if I didn't go back and forth over the much better deal of the LR vs Plaid. And I'll be really bummed if they only enhance the styling for the plaid +. The Laguna Seca mule with the more aggressive spoiler actually looked like a badass 2 second car.

Reactions: Paul8810
Funny, none of mine have ever had a rattle, and they definitely are Teslas.
I have owned or currently own:

2016 P90DL
2018 Model 3 LR
2019 Model 3 Standard Range Plus
2020 Model Y Performance
2021 Model Y Dual Motor

Every single car has had significant rattles with the exception of my 2021 Y. I don’t know if Tesla is improving or if it just hasn’t been long enough for them to become noticeable. I took my Model S in to the service center multiple times for this issue and they could never permanently fix the rattles. Some would go away for short periods of time but return promptly. Every other car also has its fair share of squeaks and rattles. My solution has always been to turn up the radio since rattles in a relatively silent EV are quite obvious. I’m hoping the new noise cancellation technology in the refreshed S helps with this recurring problem.

I’m curious what Tesla you owned that didn’t have rattles and how long did it remain rattle free?

• Informative
Reactions: HumanInput
OK, I just did it. I placed an order for a Plaid “for science”

I now have two identical cars on order Red/Cream/Arachnids. One LR, one Plaid

LR - RN1145xxxx Placed March 1 - Delivery date has been rock solid at “August” since the date chaos started a couple weeks ago
Plaid - RN1150xxxx Placed May 25 - Delivery date has been rock solid at “June” for the last 10-minutes

I’m starting to think that there may be a surprise boost in performance to the Plaid announced next week. This could explain why: 1. The Plaid + can no longer be ordered. 2. The Twitter bros are freak’n. If the Plaid+ is going to go away and the Plaid will get a range boost, I will probably keep that Plaid order.

Will report back with any developments/contacts from Tesla.

I have owned or currently own:

2016 P90DL
2018 Model 3 LR
2019 Model 3 Standard Range Plus
2020 Model Y Performance
2021 Model Y Dual Motor

Every single car has had significant rattles with the exception of my 2021 Y. I don’t know if Tesla is improving or if it just hasn’t been long enough for them to become noticeable. I took my Model S in to the service center multiple times for this issue and they could never permanently fix the rattles. Some would go away for short periods of time but return promptly. Every other car also has its fair share of squeaks and rattles. My solution has always been to turn up the radio since rattles in a relatively silent EV are quite obvious. I’m hoping the new noise cancellation technology in the refreshed S helps with this recurring problem.

I’m curious what Tesla you owned that didn’t have rattles and how long did it remain rattle free?
I got a 2020 Model 3 in Dec 2019 and nothing rattles here. Hoping it's a good sign

Reactions: T-Racer and EVonly
If the Plaid+ is going to go away and the Plaid will get a range boost, I will probably keep that Plaid order.
I wouldn't be mad if I got my car a year earlier and $20k cheaper. My guess is the Plaid+ will effectively be the track-package version of the Plaid, with the active wing we saw and perhaps upgraded suspension/wheels/tires, maybe also front aero? It's unlikely they can squeeze much more performance than sub-2-second 0-60 on street tires (which is why the Roadster is said to have CGTs).

My June 1 to June 30 changed to blank a few days ago. It seemed like mine stayed quite a bit longer than others. Then yesterday changed to Estimated Delivery “-“. Can anyone say how long it took for there account to update to a 7 day window after this happened?

OK, I just did it. I placed an order for a Plaid “for science”

I now have two identical cars on order Red/Cream/Arachnids. One LR, one Plaid

LR - RN1145xxxx Placed March 1 - Delivery date has been rock solid at “August” since the date chaos started a couple weeks ago
Plaid - RN1150xxxx Placed May 25 - Delivery date has been rock solid at “June” for the last 10-minutes

I’m starting to think that there may be a surprise boost in performance to the Plaid announced next week. This could explain why: 1. The Plaid + can no longer be ordered. 2. The Twitter bros are freak’n. If the Plaid+ is going to go away and the Plaid will get a range boost, I will probably keep that Plaid order.

Will report back with any developments/contacts from Tesla.

Just based off rumors in the past and the new twitter hype, I'd speculate and agree that there is going to be a range boost for both models. Let's hope we find something out June 3rd! People in the know seem to definitely think Tesla has been sandbagging some of the specs.

Reactions: T-Racer
I wouldn't be mad if I got my car a year earlier and $20k cheaper. My guess is the Plaid+ will effectively be the track-package version of the Plaid, with the active wing we saw and perhaps upgraded suspension/wheels/tires, maybe also front aero? It's unlikely they can squeeze much more performance than sub-2-second 0-60 on street tires (which is why the Roadster is said to have CGTs).
This theory could also explain a good deal of the delay. If Tesla was all “man, if we just hold out a little longer we could probably get the 4680 batteries in the Plaid.” That would justify the radio silence. It would also explain the issues they were having with cooling.

I’m going to go polish up my tinfoil hat.

Reactions: TNGuy99