Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else with a FSD remove button on their account?
Yup. I've got that. But no delivery estimate. Lol.

I ordered FSD at purchase.

Screenshot_20210527-201532_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
The point of the EV incentive is to provide a $ incentive to buy an EV rather than a polluting ICE car. So a $10K incentive that causes someone to buy a base M3 instead of an Accord still costs the Feds $10K, but results in replacing a 30MPG car with an EV. Good.

But the $10K incentive on a $150K car results in replacing a 10MPG car with an EV. Isn't the more value and benefit to the environment for the same cost?

Why continue to encourage high-end high-polluting luxury and super cars when there would be far more bang-for-the-buck to extend the EV incentive to this group?

I emailed my congressman both senators and the president. I suggest others do as well:
I disagree with an any govt incentives for EV cars. Total waste of taxpayer money. No one paying this much for any luxury EV car should get any tax incentive. If you can afford a car this much, you don’t need any incentive. Whole country will bankrupt soon with all these give always.

If people want EV, then buy EV, but buy it without any incentive. Let the competition drive the prices too.

Did anyone add FSD after the original purchase? If so, do you have the remove FSD button?
Yes, ordered FSD after original purchase and I have had the remove FSD the entire time. On another subject, for the first time since 1/27, I have no delivery info at all. Was August for the last several weeks. Strange

Attachments

• 19F83FF7-34E0-48F4-A252-D684893F576B.jpeg
    19F83FF7-34E0-48F4-A252-D684893F576B.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 54
If you purchase it later, and the software is downloaded over the air and you don’t get a physical product, in CA it’s not taxable for sales or use tax purposes. That doesn’t mean Tesla won’t try to collect it, but it’s not owed. I have had to have this conversation several times with companies and once it’s explained they don’t charge it. But if it’s part of the purchase price of the car then it’s taxable.

FWIW I was a CA CPA before I retired a few years ago so I’m not just making this up.