Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100%. Our wait for delivery is absolutely a champagne problem. I don’t think this forum is about belittling the greater issues of the world though, I think it’s more about some friendly banter as we wait for our cars. With that said, thank you to all that have served and let’s appreciate what we have (even if it’s not a refresh model s yet).
To keep this a bit more relevant, I, as a person who grew up in Thailand, can realllllly appreciate the fact that we don't have to pay crazy prices for cars here in the US. Just as a point of reference, my friend's dad paid around $750k for a Bentley Continental GT and a M3P costs around $140k.... so I'm soooo happy I'm only paying only around $100k for my MSLR! Such an amazing deal.

To keep this a bit more relevant, I, as a person who grew up in Thailand, can realllllly appreciate the fact that we don't have to pay crazy prices for cars here in the US. Just as a point of reference, my friend's dad paid around $750k for a Bentley Continental GT and a M3P costs around $140k.... so I'm soooo happy I'm only paying only around $100k for my MSLR! Such an amazing deal.
A valid point! Car prices in Thailand are really crazy! VAT 400% ++ for import cars.

Well said. Elon has changed the auto industry. His dedication has made a positive impact on our environment. I give the guy and his company a huge amount of credit. I have solar panels along with Tesla batteries and soon I wii have my first electric car powered by the sun. Thanks Elon.
show me evidence that he has had a positive impact on our environment. i would say his impact has been negligible. It’s like imagining you’re helping the environment by using the up flush for a small turd when there is sea world.

I respectfully disagree. This is a forum populated by like minded people to discuss a specific issue, buying a luxury vehicle from Tesla. Complaining about the process/quality/experience is what this space is for. Now if this was being done around people who cannot afford this car, then I agree. But that is not what is being done here.

Your sentiment could be applied to any topic. I could join a forum to discuss a video game that everyone is there to critique, only to have someone come along and remind everyone that some people can't afford food.

The points being expressed here are valid in most cases. The build quality has issues. The customer service could be better. The communication from Tesla is poor.

People NEED to express their opinions when standards are not met to their satisfaction. If everyone just shrugged and said "I can afford food, so whatever Tesla gives me for my money, I will be happy and thank them for their efforts", then quality/value/experience will be at the bare minimum for all consumer products.

My thoughts about friends without jobs, distant relatives who can't afford a car, people battling cancer, volunteer opportunities in my local community etc., are not for this forum. This forum is to discuss a luxury car, and all the excitement/anguish/frustration/grief/criticism/praise/joy/concerns that come with it.

I think most of us are here because we believe in the product. But at the same time, most of us would like some things to go better than they have gone this year.
Very well said.

Reactions: HumanInput
show me evidence that he has had a positive impact on our environment. i would say his impact has been negligible. It’s like imagining you’re helping the environment by using the up flush for a small turd when there is sea world.
He's dragging the market kicking and screaming into electric, something the industry has been very very slow to embrace.

I expect the supercharger network may be Tesla's actual crowning achievement when we look back.

I will be paying this lot a visit tomorrow. If I find it, I will make sure to click pics and videos.
Tons of them pleaseeee. I'm sure all the people here would really appreciate that!

I believe this is the lot: It's the corner of Auto Mall Pkwy and Osgood Rd

1622430135609.png

Last edited:
He's dragging the market kicking and screaming into electric, something the industry has been very very slow to embrace.

I expect the supercharger network may be Tesla's actual crowning achievement when we look back.
Every car company has now committed to EVs. I think when we look back it will be Musk who lead the movement. Tesla set the standard but our free enterprise system will make additional improvements. It’s just a matter of time before all of this will have a positive impact on our air quality.

On the other hand, we see plenty of evidence that Tesla didn’t run out of white seats and interior trim; we’ve seen plenty refresh MS with the white/black interior. Now, finding some white exterior MS Plaids…that’s a different story. Don’t understand why the lack of white vehicles?!?!?!?

100%. Our wait for delivery is absolutely a champagne problem. I don’t think this forum is about belittling the greater issues of the world though, I think it’s more about some friendly banter as we wait for our cars. With that said, thank you to all that have served and let’s appreciate what we have (even if it’s not a refresh model s yet).
Agreed!

Reactions: LargeHamCollider