Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright folks. I managed to find the lot, however the gate was closed and with no trespassing signs everywhere, I walked half a mile and took some pictures and videos from the street.
1) There seemed to be a lot more LR's than Plaid.
2) There were a few S's along the fence and i managed to peep in through the fence crack and all of them had a yoke steering.
3) Lot more white/cream interior than black.
4) All of them had a QR code/VIN number on the windshield.

Here are a few pics. Uploading video next.

So all the trim is shiny black, not satin?

Attachments

• IMG_2506 2.jpg
    IMG_2506 2.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: MattCharleston
Alright folks. I managed to find the lot, however the gate was closed and with no trespassing signs everywhere, I walked half a mile and took some pictures and videos from the street.
2) There were a few S's along the fence and i managed to peep in through the fence crack and all of them had a yoke steering.

Jackpot! Thank you thank you!

Are you sure this is a special lot? Looks like any mall parking lot in the Bay Area, not many more Teslas than usual…. 😂

Great recon!
I wonder why these haven’t been sent to local pick up lots, to sit and wait. I also wonder if they’ll need to go back to the factory for anything?

Are you sure this is a special lot? Looks like any mall parking lot in the Bay Area, not many more Teslas than usual…. 😂
This isn't a parking lot for sure. Its a private property belonging to Bobcat of fremont I believe enclosed by multiple gates. The gate was akin to the one found on a railway track and I could have walked around it, but there were a lot of No Trespassing signs so I decided not to.

edit: After posting the reply, I saw the funnier side of your post :p

I

hope we get body color matched panels as black ones would get damn hot in TX heat. A reason I went with white.
I bought my "oxidation red" '91 MR2 Turbo used around '95, it having lived in TX on a military base for most of its life. The paint really took a hit; I had to wax it regularly or it looked like sugar.

Thank you so much for this!

Based on these pics, i think it is safe to say that "body colored door handles" are not a thing...I see one clear MSM plaid there and the handles are black.

Wow, not much love for white exterior (or red too much) it seems anymore - even though its multi-coat and free. :)
Glad I chose the white exterior (and white/black/cf interior)...seems like it's more of a rarity than the other darker colors and again, it's the coolest color to the touch and inside the cabin when in the S FL heat. Also - something to note...seems like the door handles are in fact black and not body color. Perhaps that would change but at least from these cars with VINS waiting to be delivered, seems like all have black door handles.

Reactions: travwill

Great job! If by chance you saw “Eye of the Needle”, I award you the Donald Sutherland spy shots of the year award!

I wonder how long these things have been stored like this, and how many lots are filled. I know my MS lost 5-6 miles of range a day just sitting, hopefully these things haven’t been there for a month or more but the dirt makes me wonder. Would really suck to get damaged batteries from sitting at zero for a while.

• Helpful
Reactions: Leojsayta
I speculate Tesla built them this way and tried to force NHTSAs hand into allowing it, but couldn’t get approval and therefore couldn’t ship.
We established a white back that manufacturers don't have to ask for prior permission from NHTSA -- they self-certify compliance with FMVSS or can ask for clarification from the agency.

Based on the picture of the one VIN, this is a 2021 MY--some of you were hoping for a 2022 MY

Looking at the pics some more:
  • Don't see any cars that are definitively Plaid (i.e. red calipers)
  • I see red, white, MSM and blue cars with black door handles, so it seems the only way you get body color handles is by ordering black :)
This might be a parking lot full of LRs that they are not queue for delivery yet. There could still constraints with transportation and delivery capacity and contention with the 3s/Ys for EoQ, so they are holding back on the LRs and getting the Plaids through first.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS

Yay you found it. Thank you!!!!

Looking at the pics some more:
  • Don't see any cars that are definitively Plaid (i.e. red calipers)
  • I see red, white, MSM and blue cars with black door handles, so it seems the only way you get body color handles is by ordering black :)
This might be a parking lot full of LRs that they are not queue for delivery yet. There could still constraints with transportation and delivery capacity and contention with the 3s/Ys for EoQ, so they are holding back on the LRs and getting the Plaids through first.
If the LRs are ready to go, why would they prioritize 3/Y over LR? Isn’t LR higher margin than 3/Y?

If the LRs are ready to go, why would they prioritize 3/Y over LR? Isn’t LR higher margin than 3/Y?

The market seems to be more sensitive to 3/Y volume as they are the high volume models. Tesla delivered 0 S/X in Q1 and folks pretty much shrugged it off. Musk already set expectations to not see an S/X ramp until Q3 in the last earnings call, so he has some rope there. A material miss on 3/Y would be less warmly received.

We established a white back that manufacturers don't have to ask for prior permission from NHTSA -- they self-certify compliance with FMVSS or can ask for clarification from the agency.

Based on the picture of the one VIN, this is a 2021 MY--some of you were hoping for a 2022 MY
Oh got it. Didn’t know that. Thanks for the clarification.

just can’t wrap my head around why these cars are just sitting ready to go with VINs. At least ship them to the dealers....

Oh got it. Didn’t know that. Thanks for the clarification.

just can’t wrap my head around why these cars are just sitting ready to go with VINs. At least ship them to the dealers....
Since they have VINs they could assign them to us. Guess they haven’t assigned them yet bc if they had we’d be all over the SAs…more so than we are now. 😀

This isn't a parking lot for sure. Its a private property belonging to Bobcat of fremont I believe enclosed by multiple gates. The gate was akin to the one found on a railway track and I could have walked around it, but there were a lot of No Trespassing signs so I decided not to.

edit: After posting the reply, I saw the funnier side of your post :p
Awesome recon job!! Appreciate the pictures.

Reactions: gadelrosario