Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I look at all of these videos of the factory I picture Elon as a character in a Saturday morning cartoon, standing at the end of the assembly line. He has a big screen and keyboard in front of him and no matter what combination he punches into the keyboard a MSM plaid with black steats and wood trim comes off the assembly line. He does this several times and then the camera pans away to reveal cars lined up all over the factory.

I'm not sure what the punch line is yet, but I'm pretty sure it involves me waiting 6 months for a car.

Last edited:
Reactions: doubleshot
When I look at all of these videos of the factory I picture Elon as a character in a Saturday morning cartoon, standing at the end of the assembly line. He has a big screen and keyboard in front of him and no matter what combination he punches into the keyboard a MSM plaid with black steats and wood trim comes off the assembly line. He does this several times and then the camera pans away to reveal cars lined up all over the factory.

I'm not sure what the punch line is yet, but I'm pretty sure it involves me waiting 6 months for a car.
I’m going to take a stab at it, and guess you didn’t order the MSM with black interior.

Looking at the other inventory video from the same uploader reveals something interesting.

I see color-matched handles for the blue MS and black handles on the MSM in this screen cap. I wonder if LR variants get black handles and Plaid get color-matched handles?

1622446062466.png

Looking at the other inventory video from the same uploader reveals something interesting.

I see color-matched handles for the blue MS and black handles on the MSM in this screen cap. I wonder if LR variants get black handles and Plaid get color-matched handles?

View attachment 668074
On second thought, the blue MS in front doesn't have red break calipers so it might not be limited to Plaid? In either case, it looks like body-matching handles is on the table.

Reactions: LiveSai

Did anyone else notice that the refresh is going to be a tight fit in urban parking places? It is hugged up on the line on one side and has little room on the other side.

BTW dude is my hero for the completeness of the video.

On the other hand, we see plenty of evidence that Tesla didn’t run out of white seats and interior trim; we’ve seen plenty refresh MS with the white/black interior. Now, finding some white exterior MS Plaids…that’s a different story. Don’t understand why the lack of white vehicles?!?!?!?

Where are the white exterior cars? Strange. I guess I ordered the wrong color! :)

View attachment 668074
To me it looks like they do have a lot of MS inventory to ship out, within June timeframe too. But for some reason they are not shipping them yet. Does looks like really dirty ones from by the train tracks too. Speculation on my part, and I said this before, I think it’s due to not getting an answer from the NHTSA on the yoke and no stalk for selecting gears. I speculate Tesla built them this way and tried to force NHTSAs hand into allowing it, but couldn’t get approval and therefore couldn’t ship. It would surprise me that you would build all of these cars and not ship them due to no CF or White interior stock issues. That would only effect new orders I would believe, but people would get assigned to some of the ones sitting in those parking lots with a delivery date and VIN. Can’t be batteries because the cars are built. If it was software, they could ship the cars and send an update once the cars are at the dealerships.

Again, speculation on my part. But I dk, kind of makes sense....no real reason not to ship these. Why would they rather pay to store them on an off site parking lot.....

Reactions: Blue Stuff

View attachment 668074
Sooo who going back to the auto lot for pics and video??? ,👀👀👀

I am good with the black handles on the blue but prefer the body color handles. Just think it ia Mickey mouse if I spend $100k on a car and need to spend another $40k to get that "update". Yes I know that is not the only upgrade.

I understand the performance upgrades of the Plaid, but I wish they qould state the other upgrades so I could justify the difference.

Last edited:
I

hope we get body color matched panels as black ones would get damn hot in TX heat. A reason I went with white.
Agree! However I would have to think that it would be a simple matter for a vendor like Evannex or Abstract Ocean to sell aftermarket materials to make the handles color matched.

I’m also assuming that once the “Delivery Event” takes place then Tesla will post the owners manual for us. There may be some great, new, unexpected features that they want to unveil at the event.

Sharing the manual then would make sense from a promotional standpoint.

Reactions: travwill
I am good with the black handles on the blue but prefer the body color handles. Just think it ia Mickey mouse if I spend $100k on a car and need to spend another $40k to get that "update". Yes I know that is not the only upgrade.

I understand the performance upgrades of the Plaid, but I wish they qould state the other upgrades so I could justify the difference.
It would be nice if that list of plaid upgrades on the order site was complete and not a mystery, yes. It would be also nice if they weren't chicken*sugar* and posted the 0-60 times apples to apples (rollout or non for both).

unlisted upgrades i've read about, confirmed and speculatory:
contrast piping
??? body color handles
CF diffuser
maybe different tires for 200 mph?
plaid graphics at launch

beyond the actual stuff the website lists

Reactions: Hayseed_MS

Did anyone else notice that the refresh is going to be a tight fit in urban parking places? It is hugged up on the line on one side and has little room on the other side.

BTW dude is my hero for the completeness of the video.
The dimensions of the MS make it longer and wider than my wife's full size SUV.

Did I understand correctly that plaid will not get track mode but plaid + will? Kinda a bummer if so.
Don't think a special "track mode" is necessary on the MS Plaid; it already has torque vectoring and I bet they changed the struts and/or other suspension pieces from the previous MS P. It's been reported that the new refresh MS Plaid is a much more competent track performer than before and you may be able to lower the car a little further down via the air suspension if you want.

Alright folks. I managed to find the lot, however the gate was closed and with no trespassing signs everywhere, I walked half a mile and took some pictures and videos from the street.
1) There seemed to be a lot more LR's than Plaid.
2) There were a few S's along the fence and i managed to peep in through the fence crack and all of them had a yoke steering.
3) Lot more white/cream interior than black.
4) All of them had a QR code/VIN number on the windshield.

Here are a few pics. Uploading video next.

Attachments

• IMG_2498.jpg
    IMG_2498.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2504.jpg
    IMG_2504.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2505.jpg
    IMG_2505.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2508.JPG
    IMG_2508.JPG
    622.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    430.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    527.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    602.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2494.JPG
    IMG_2494.JPG
    590.3 KB · Views: 77
Alright folks. I managed to find the lot, however the gate was closed and with no trespassing signs everywhere, I walked half a mile and took some pictures and videos from the street.
1) There seemed to be a lot more LR's than Plaid.
2) There were a few S's along the fence and i managed to peep in through the fence crack and all of them had a yoke steering.
3) Lot more white/cream interior than black.
4) All of them had a QR code/VIN number on the windshield.

Here are a few pics. Uploading video next.

Wow, not much love for white exterior (or red too much) it seems anymore - even though its multi-coat and free. :)

Reactions: JimLL