Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I have a January order date. Could not imagine if I have been waiting since last October/November.

They were still producing the older gen last year. For those that did not take delivery of the last gen last year - why?
Ordered 10/25. 9-12 December original estimate. Sold my car late November. They were late with the car-- showed up on 23 December. I was in Germany for work by that point and couldn't take delivery. By the time I got back they had shut down the line.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Question? Your banners says dely blank but your signature says "current delivery 6/1-6/30". Do you currently have a delivery date showing?
Ha ha no. That’s user error. I guess I dont know how to change my signature. I don’t see my own signature or anyone else’s for that matter! I had 6/1-30 for a week but now it’s blank again. Sorry. I will see if I can figure out how to modify signature again.

Reactions: boonedocks
Is there anything to read into the fact that the June 10th thing is a "MS Plaid" event? And they just jammed all the LRs in that parking lot covered in dust. It almost feels like all of the focus is on getting the Plaid fixed and released, and that the LR orders are just going to fall to the back of the queue. It was also strange that they went through a production wave and made all of those broken toys that are just sitting there now, and did not continue production. My 2/3 order has just kept moving to the right, and now I don't have any estimate (not even the words, "Estimated Delivery") and I don't think that is a website error. I almost feel like the LR orders are just going to sit while they fill all of the pre-order Plaid, and converted Plaid+. It would be super sweet if they at least reveal what the master delivery plan ACTUALLY is on the 10th. I would honestly rather them tell me I could pick a date after the latest possible time it could be available. "January of '22" is better than "maybe August of '21, but that might keep moving later," for some people

Is there anything to read into the fact that the June 10th thing is a "MS Plaid" event? And they just jammed all the LRs in that parking lot covered in dust. It almost feels like all of the focus is on getting the Plaid fixed and released, and that the LR orders are just going to fall to the back of the queue. It was also strange that they went through a production wave and made all of those broken toys that are just sitting there now, and did not continue production. My 2/3 order has just kept moving to the right, and now I don't have any estimate (not even the words, "Estimated Delivery") and I don't think that is a website error. I almost feel like the LR orders are just going to sit while they fill all of the pre-order Plaid, and converted Plaid+. It would be super sweet if they at least reveal what the master delivery plan ACTUALLY is on the 10th. I would honestly rather them tell me I could pick a date after the latest possible time it could be available. "January of '22" is better than "maybe August of '21, but that might keep moving later," for some people
I had posted this from my SA last week. The event (was 6/3 when I texted SA and now is 6/10) is definitely Plaid. We may not hear anything about LR.

Attachments

• D45F2ACE-ABB1-4076-AA41-2F783442F6E1.png
    D45F2ACE-ABB1-4076-AA41-2F783442F6E1.png
    456.8 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Honcho7
Seems difficult for any maker right now. We have been waiting for a Ford F150 specific build for 3 months now and ~2 more months to go. They have lots full of many thousands of trucks just sitting as well in large race track parking lots, etc. They are waiting on chips. Tesla we don't know what the delay is, maybe software, maybe a chip, etc.

Ha ha no. That’s user error. I guess I dont know how to change my signature. I don’t see my own signature or anyone else’s for that matter! I had 6/1-30 for a week but now it’s blank again. Sorry. I will see if I can figure out how to modify signature again.
At top of the page you should see your user name @GrnSqrl then left click on it and then select Signature. Make your changes then select the Save button.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Curious what this group thinks of the reliability of the information Sawyer Merritt provides. He said lower down in this thread that there will only be 2,500 Model S cars delivered in June.

He normally is a good source. I guess that's why some people, including me, lost the delivery dates from our accounts because 2500 isn't a huge number at all. Kinda don't understand how he is in there wishing a busy month with only 2500 S deliveries lol I guess 3/Y are selling like hotcakes so much so that adding 2500 S makes it insanely busy -_-

Reactions: joga
Yeah, I have a January order date. Could not imagine if I have been waiting since last October/November.

They were still producing the older gen last year. For those that did not take delivery of the last gen last year - why?
Ordered October. They initially told me December delivery but did not have the configuration I ordered. Then refresh happened. I sold my car in December in anticipation, have been using my wife's car since. Which has been OK. But soon will hopefully change.

He normally is a good source. I guess that's why some people, including me, lost the delivery dates from our accounts because 2500 isn't a huge number at all. Kinda don't understand how he is in there wishing a busy month with only 2500 S deliveries lol I guess 3/Y are selling like hotcakes so much so that adding 2500 S makes it insanely busy -_-
There was a big containment hold on 3/Y due to the radar-free software update requirement (and possibly other things as well). The effect is that S is getting added this month along with at least 50% more 3/Y than normal. Its going to get really crazy.

I ordered on 12/1/2020, my initial delivery date was 12/16 - 12/29. The time came and went with no delivery option. Many more estimated delivery dates since then but the car never materialized. Still waiting, with price increase, and a decrease in trade in value.

Reactions: BarbJohn
I ordered in Novemeber and was told I would have a car by 12/27. It wasn't until 12/23 when I reached out asking for what time I should show up was I told that I wouldn't get a car that week. It was pushed out week by week with generally awful communication from Tesla. I am beyond pissed at this point and have started shopping Audi and MBs. Unfortauntly with the high demand, it doesn't seem like I could get a RS6 or E63 any time soon either now. (of course if I had ordered one of those in Novemeber I would have had it months ago)
Reached out to my BMW SA over the weekend, "just in case". I still have time, with my current AMG (same dealer network), but the way things are shaping up here, I want to have a backup plan.

Reactions: Leojsayta
Check out this article I just found. Maybe Elon pushed back deliveries of plaid to try and hold on to the “fastest production car” title, hence another week of tweaks for more power....?

Also with the new chip from AMD...

could also be a cause for the delays.

Reactions: travwill
Fwiw: I stopped by local Tesla location on Sat just to inquire about when they might have a car to just look at (understanding not a demo etc..) but more so I can just make a final determination about keeping my order and taking deliver. Thus I would be happy to just see (not touch or drive) someone else's before delivery. SA's there told me that truly don't think they'll have any to even "see" until late July.

Additionally re new tax credit: Tesla in the past has been pretty good and creative about adjusting sales dates, terms, and conditions to obtain local incentives where customer were at risk of losing them. I'd be pretty certain if the 80k threshold sticks they would find someway at least on the base MS to keep the delivered price below the required number by putting in add-ons after delivery for things like FSD etc.. I'm also thinking they must have a heavy lobby presence working on somehow keeping at least some portion of MS sales included in any proposed EV bill.

Reactions: T-Racer