Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$1,200 is the destination fee. There is no separate doc fee. Destination fees are standardised for the country, and it doesn't matter where you pick up the car.

California also gives a $1,500 rebate.
Capture.JPG

Same on mine. And even at base. We're forgetting about the $100 order fee that would push base regardless to $80099 womp. MSRP is gonna always be over the $80k for the way our idiot EV bill is being written. Besides. No way that bill passes in its current form with all the union crap in it.

Same on mine. And even at base. We're forgetting about the $100 order fee that would push base regardless to $80099 womp. MSRP is gonna always be over the $80k for the way our idiot EV bill is being written. Besides. No way that bill passes in its current form with all the union crap in it.
Purchase price is $79,990 plus fees and taxes. See screenshot.

Not that I think the bill in its current form will pass...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210531-193703_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210531-193703_Chrome.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 67
Purchase price is $79,990 plus fees and taxes. See screenshot.

Not that I think the bill in its current form will pass...
Again. That doesn't take into account the order fee. Which regardless adds another $100. Plus doc and delivery which are part of MSRP too. So still no on this bill applying to a MS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210531-221302_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210531-221302_Chrome.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20210531-224559_Calculator.jpg
    Screenshot_20210531-224559_Calculator.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Disagree
Reactions: james912
Again. That doesn't take into account the order fee. Which regardless adds another $100. Plus doc and delivery which are part of MSRP too. So still no on this bill applying to a MS

There's been several bills introduced this past year that would apply to all Teslas regardless of price.

And at least one that has an 80k cap.

None have passed into law yet- and none are likely to as-is.

So nobody really knows how any new credit will actually work until we get whatever final language gets included in the big infrastructure bill they will pass via reconciliation.

Reactions: T-Racer and foos
$1,200 is the destination fee. There is no separate doc fee. Destination fees are standardised for the country, and it doesn't matter where you pick up the car.

Just wondering. Did you read the invoice I attached? It states $1,200 destination and documentation fee. The original comment was in relation to a comment that Tesla didn’t charge a doc fee. I understand it’s the same whether you pick it up at the factory elsewhere.

Reactions: JimLL
The pre-orders will supposedly have a $2000 discount.
But none of that really matters. This bill just came out of committee. The house has not
Looked it over, made their changes. Then the house must vote and pass it. Then it goes to the senate with their changes and so on and so on.
Right now the ev rebate/tax credit bill is nothing more real than the chat on TMC.

Reactions: HumanInput
I posted earlier today but it got lost in the chatter. I received a call earlier today asking if I wanted to change my Plaid+ reservation for a Plaid. I asked if there was any financial incentive to do so since I just bought my current S in December. There is none. He did say it could be delivered as soon as June.

As soon as 'insert guess here'... I've heard that before.

I posted earlier today but it got lost in the chatter. I received a call earlier today asking if I wanted to change my Plaid+ reservation for a Plaid. I asked if there was any financial incentive to do so since I just bought my current S in December. There is none. He did say it could be delivered as soon as June.

Remember, they are doing you a favor by providing you with the opportunity to purchase the vehicle. Later, their NN monkey will decide if you actually will receive the vehicle.

Reactions: rpan25
Some jerk also just posted up their Plaid reservation to Ebay with an 80k markup, saying they got a call from Tesla saying delivery is happening in June. Take that for whatever it’s worth, re the tweet above too.
Hahahaha What, does he think it's some difficult to find watch that he can charge money for his reservation??? Sorry, anyone who bites at that is a moron and doesn't deserve to go outside and mingle with the rest of us.