Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've refreshed 10 times since he said "let's deliver some cars" and uh, yeah, nada. damn it! I'm a dweeb.

only thing new to me was his ability to move his hair like Dr. Strange.
Elon was talking about the 25 cars at the event. Employee, influencer then us. Looking like I will go through two October’s from order date to delivery

Reactions: HumanInput
78DD83B6-D530-4DCD-B512-0F2C4C1A0536.jpeg

most of us back into parking spaces. how does it know we want to do that? mostly, how does it know *quickly* so we don't look like jackasses?
I already think anyone who backs into a parking spot looks like a jackass. I'll never understand why someone chooses to back in instead of back out.

Next quarter is only 20 days away. There’s at least that.
I'm sorry to be a negative nancy, but is this seriously the way people are interpreting this? In most of the professional world that I'm used to dealing with, saying "3rd Quarter CY21" is a nice way of saying "the very end of September 2021. When Musk says "1000 cars per week probably by next quarter, he means he's ramping to hit 1k/week by the end of September.

edit: emphasis added because this seems to have been missed too

Biggest takeaways tonight for me:

1. I have been taking Apple’s meticulously planned and expertly delivered unveiling events for granted.

2. I’ll wait for good ole youtube reviews to determine how confident I am that I will be able to put my new car in reverse when there are no obstacles in front of me

Bonus ongoing takeaway:
- COOs are under-appreciated