Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already think anyone who backs into a parking spot looks like a jackass. I'll never understand why someone chooses to back in instead of back out.
Lots of reasons, but the simplest one is that a lot of people are required to back in to a spot because of work. They form the habit, and they continue it in their personal life. Anyone who has ever worked in a manufacturing complex could have formed this habit. It is much easier back in to a spot safely, and pull out forwards safely in my opinion.

I already think anyone who backs into a parking spot looks like a jackass. I'll never understand why someone chooses to back in instead of back out.
Maybe because there’s never any cross traffic to avoid when you are backing into a space? A lot easier to see driving forward when leaving the space.

What did i actually learn? i saw the UI, and the flat power curve. That’s it.
that flat power curve is a miracle, friend. there has just never been anything remotely like that. It is like "alien" technology. This aspect alone is a really, really, really big ordeal.

I mean ICE cars were happy when they could achieve flat torque curves with superchargers and turbos. BUT this is a flat POWER curve! I honestly never thought this was possible.

Range changed from LR, looks same as plaid windows sticker range from earlier.
range.JPG

Plaid with 21inch changed too I think
range 2.JPG

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you've never driven a child to a sporting event. Not hating, just saying there are many times when this is absolutely the right move.
I've never parked in a place where I simply could not back out safely. The only threat would be seeing things from the side until your back end is out, but your front end presents the same target.

Is it me or does elon seem to care less and less about the company?
The entire presentation felt like he was taking a break from something else to quickly give us a run down of what the site already shows us so that he can get back to more important matters.

Come on man, take at least an hour to interact and answer questions, go over the presentation and actually give a damn enough to add info we don’t already know.

The entire presentation felt like he was taking a break from something else to quickly give us a run down of what the site already shows us so that he can get back to more important matters.

Come on man, take at least an hour to interact and answer questions, go over the presentation and actually give a damn enough to add info we don’t already know.
They definitely needed a "presenter" to answer questions and smooth over that whole awkward moment.

God I’m so pissed.. What a worthless waste of time. No explanation about anything we wanted to know. Basically 100 people will get a car in June and the rest who the F knows. I ordered the damn car in January and have not had one text or call from anyone at Tesla and somehow I still buy their damn cars. If they had any competition they would be bankrupt and out of business the way they operate.

plus now I have to spend $1,000 getting the rotors painted red like I thought I was getting to begin with. It never ends I swear

Not true. I pull in faster, before anyone notices me awkwardly trying to park. Then I back out quickly, into an open space MUCH larger than my parking spot.
Good for you. When you get t-boned by a car driving past that you didn’t see backing out let us know how that worked out for you. 😉

lol go watch the Model 3 Delivery event. Nothing has changed.