Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh oh. I just ordered some two days ago with all the "it will fit" discussion. Should've waited for you! Will have to return them now. Have you happened to have checked if the All-Weather Rear Trunk Set fits? (If you had it)
But on the website they are the same mats from weeks ago, that’s the weirdest part. For whomever says they don’t fit was that from your older MS, and if so what year? There is three different date ranges to choose from.

Tesla Raj said in his video that he asked Franz von Holzhausen if the new MS had 18650 cells and Franz just smirked and walked away. What is that about? How can the battery technology still be a secret after they have already released the vehicle? I don't understand what can be gained by not telling your customers what they are actually buying.
Can one of the first 25 Plaid's owner can jump under the car an look at the battery label located, I believe, behind the front passenger wheelhouse.

I'm not sure if capacity is mentioned, but at least the voltage should be printed.

Reactions: T-Racer and TheOx
Dude... Honestly.... Your negativity is toxic. Christ your are so unhappy and likely impossible to please. It's ok to complain.. Whine... Whatever... But holy hell you just want to insult at every turn. I can't imagine how you're still buying a car from a company you trash and dare i say, passionately hate?
Sorry; perhaps you've spent $146k+ on previous vehicles before? This MS Plaid will be the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased including Porsche, a GT-R, MB AMG, Jaguar, LR, and BMW. So, I expect a certain level of communication, explanations (especially on new technology/new features, etc), quality, and service. As other people have said on TMC before, Tesla owners/drivers tend to LOVE the cars but HATE the company; I suspect my feelings will be similar here (and I've concluded that I will still take delivery of my MS Plaid, whenever it arrives).

It's not so much "negativity" but a sense of confusion, haphazard and somewhat unprofessional and some might argue questionable (in terms of legality and transparency) business practices. So if you feel my comments hurt your feelings, then Honey Badger Don't Give a F-K! Since you're not writing a $146k check for MY MS Plaid, then I suggest you Suck it up Buttercup! :rolleyes:😜 BTW -- feel free to put me on your "ignore list;" I'm totally fine with that buddy. BTW - maybe you're a doc in S FL; if so, that's wonderful...don't care, I was a cardiovascular surgical device rep for open heart surgery for 20 years and now I am a business owner in a different industry and I spend A LOT of time driving ~ 18,000-20,000 mi. per year in my car, so I want to make sure I'm comfortable while I have fun and enjoy my high-technology, fast, fun sports car every day.

Last edited:
Anyone who has a car can quickly check minimum capacity value using link to post below without needing the sticker necessarily (though great if possible). But the answer is going to be somewhere around 102kWh, based on the Monroney.

Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

I assume there is info in the public domain somewhere about whether the pack uses 18650 or 2170 cells, but I have no idea. I don’t follow Model S. Obviously it used 18650 before.
I have not found anything that looks like the energy app yet....

No idea where it is

It's probably in configuration of the driver display (behind steering wheel) on these vehicles. That's where I've seen the energy screen before on Model S but as I said I pay no attention to Model S.

But I have no idea how to configure/cycle through that display on this vehicle. But that's where I would look.

Obviously the miles/% are up there. So probably the rest is too.

The trip planner is kind of critical...for trips...so I doubt they removed it.

It's not here, or here, as far as I can tell from the videos.:
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 2.20.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 2.24.12 PM.png

Washer fluid comes out of the wipers!
Just like Model 3.
I have not found anything that looks like the energy app yet....
Yeah, too many messages here. I'd switch around through the options in the driver's display (however that is done).

As I said, not having a trip planner projection would be kind of a major oversight. So I imagine it's there (though they could have gotten rid of the consumption screen as it was actually a bit useless - only useful for calculating battery capacity and understanding what uses energy). But it might not be, yet! (Might all be dealt with through the nav and they don't have the separate plot of Capacity vs. distance anymore.)

So I'd configure this screen (however that is done) - I have no idea which trim of Model S this was (it was just an interior with the vehicle surround removed, from the video - so who knows...) but it has rated miles larger than the Plaid Monroney sticker, so presumably it is not the same trim? (Again, no idea what vehicle this was.) Probably the same pack size though - need a Monroney from whatever vehicle this was, as well:

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 2.19.45 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: foos
@EVonly After last night's reveal I am contemplating canceling my Plaid reservation and sticking with the LR. Any idea what you're going to do?
I'm still not sure. The one positive for the Plaid is that we can now buy it for $10k less than the current price. That helps a little bit with the initial depreciation hit which is always pretty significant on the Performance vehicles. On the other hand, it is still $40,000 more expensive than the LR and I was hoping for some additional differentiator that didn't materialize. I was very happy with my Ludicrous equipped P90D and it really never left me wanting for more. It seems like the LR will match that performance, so the Plaid is hard for me to justify to take less than 1 second off the 0-60.

The only time I would be able to take advantage of that acceleration is while driving solo, on remote roads in the middle of the night. 😳 If I did a full Plaid launch with my family or wife in the car, I don't think I would be married much longer. Ultimately, it really depends on how fast the production ramp is and when I can take delivery. Elon is talking about a really slow production ramp of only 100 cars per week. We might not see 1000 cars per week until late September. If that is true, I don't expect to see my LR order for several months. Makes me think of how long I waited for my first Model 3 and I certainly don't want to do that again.

So, I guess I'm still undecided and will just leave all of my orders in and see what happens. I'm not worried that both cars will show up at the same time because that seems highly unlikely. The $100 is nonrefundable, so I don't really see a benefit in canceling the order.

It's unfortunate that our purchase agreements are non-transferable. I would love to be able to transfer one of my Plaid orders to Plaid + buyers that aren't being offered the $10k discount. This is inexplicable because those original Plaid + orders were all just Plaid orders on battery day.

Last edited:
It's probably in configuration of the driver display (behind steering wheel) on these vehicles. That's where I've seen the energy screen before on Model S but as I said I pay no attention to Model S.

But I have no idea how to configure/cycle through that display on this vehicle. But that's where I would look.

Obviously the miles/% are up there. So probably the rest is too.

The trip planner is kind of critical...for trips...so I doubt they removed it.

It's not here, or here, as far as I can tell from the videos.:
View attachment 672301View attachment 672302

Just like Model 3.

Yeah, too many messages here. I'd switch around through the options in the driver's display (however that is done).

As I said, not having a trip planner projection would be kind of a major oversight. So I imagine it's there (though they could have gotten rid of the consumption screen as it was actually a bit useless - only useful for calculating battery capacity and understanding what uses energy). But it might not be, yet! (Might all be dealt with through the nav and they don't have the separate plot of Capacity vs. distance anymore.)

So I'd configure this screen (however that is done) - I have no idea which trim of Model S this was (it was just an interior with the vehicle surround removed, from the video - so who knows...) but it has rated miles larger than the Plaid Monroney sticker, so presumably it is not the same trim? (Again, no idea what vehicle this was.) Probably the same pack size though - need a Monroney from whatever vehicle this was, as well:

View attachment 672306
I think that photo was of the yoke/screen display. 420 was probably a joke since it wasn’t an actual car.

Uh oh. I just ordered some two days ago with all the "it will fit" discussion. Should've waited for you! Will have to return them now. Have you happened to have checked if the All-Weather Rear Trunk Set fits? (If you had it)
I had ordered the same day as the original car, pre-refresh. Once the refresh I asked the SA who didn’t know but emailed the shop who said they would totally fit. That was back in January when they texted me to buy accessories for my new car that would be delivered in Feb. I am sure Tesla is reasonable enough to take them back……