Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the push to get Plaids out, it's reasonable to conclude that LRs truly are EOQ3 vehicles. Elon's production projection doesn't make me hopeful of receiving anything (information or vehicle) sooner. Thankfully, G M Financial is allowing me to extend my Cadillac lease month-to-month for 6 months so I'm good until December. Please don't tell Tesla.
I'm so torn on this. On the one hand, I would love to have my car now. On the other, I have my current lease till 10/5 and I would rather not make $2k in car payments a month, for multiple months. firstworldproblems.

Another cool thing. Drive mod you can pick here also.
e40886f0-62b3-460a-a93f-ebc73886e391-jpeg.672249

This seems to request some additional wires and display? REMOVE !!! (as useless to have as a front radar... LOL)

You can select the 'gear' from the steering wheel Yoke and also using 'swipe' on the screen, so this additional display seems really redundant.

Software V10.2  2021.12.4.2 - No Direction Shalk .jpg

Tesla Raj said in his video that he asked Franz von Holzhausen if the new MS had 18650 cells and Franz just smirked and walked away. What is that about? How can the battery technology still be a secret after they have already released the vehicle? I don't understand what can be gained by not telling your customers what they are actually buying.
Yeah I wondered the same thing, however they are definitely not the 4680 cells as the range is not the 520 miles mentioned months ago.

I'm so torn on this. On the one hand, I would love to have my car now. On the other, I have my current lease till 10/5 and I would rather not make $2k in car payments a month, for multiple months. firstworldproblems.
That's the quandary I had since my lease is up next month - I was willing to roll the dice on a March/April delivery and just double up on payments. I guess I don't have that problem now, alas.

Reactions: JimLL
Tesla Raj is fantastic! I came away from the event last night feeling a little discouraged and underwhelmed. Watching Tesla Raj's video left me feeling really excited for all the new improvements and the build quality upgrades. I was never impressed with the interior build quality of my P90DL for a car that had an MSRP above 140K.

It is clear that Tesla has definitely upped its game on the interior to compete with their German counterparts. I'm not sure they are quite there yet, but the gap appears to be narrowing significantly. Tesla Raj has a 4K video that he shot last night that is definitely worth the watch if you guys haven't seen it yet.

@EVonly After last night's reveal I am contemplating canceling my Plaid reservation and sticking with the LR. Any idea what you're going to do?

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
@Atomadam @omarsultan Any luck on the battery pack sticker? lol

Anyone who has a car can quickly check minimum capacity value using link to post below without needing the sticker necessarily (though great if possible). But the answer is going to be somewhere around 102kWh, based on the Monroney.

Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

I assume there is info in the public domain somewhere about whether the pack uses 18650 or 2170 cells, but I have no idea. I don’t follow Model S. Obviously it used 18650 before.

This seems to request some additional wires and display? REMOVE !!! (as useless to have as a front radar... LOL)

You can select the 'gear' from the steering wheel Yoke and also using 'swipe' on the screen, so this additional display seems really redundant.

View attachment 672297
Not redundant, likely required - as not having it would make the car undriveable or dangerous if the screen failed. The manual describes it as an emergency backup, more or less. Makes sense to me.

I cannot find anything that looks like the energy app, so we'll have to work a bit hard on understanding pack size
Interesting. Ah well. Maybe it is hiding somewhere.

But the Monroney back calculation says about 102kWh or whatever. (This calculation can be thrown off by spuriously low charging efficiencies during the EPA test but that is unusual.)

To file under random things I just noticed:
  • Front headrests are fixed, ones in the back move
  • I cannot find anything that looks like the energy app, so we'll have to work a bit hard on understanding pack size
A Model Y reviewer on YouTube complained about the fixed headrests on the front seats of his Y. I suppose given a certain height and a person's spine angle, a fixed headrest may be a big negative.

Anyone who has a car can quickly check minimum capacity value using link to post below without needing the sticker necessarily (though great if possible). But the answer is going to be somewhere around 102kWh, based on the Monroney.

Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

I assume there is info in the public domain somewhere about whether the pack uses 18650 or 2170 cells, but I have no idea. I don’t follow Model S. Obviously it used 18650 before.
No idea where it is

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I think autoshift only takes you out of park. Does not go from R to D as far as I've heard
I can't wait to see a parallel park demo...

Few time I confused selecting R for D and I a result I scratched my rear wheel on the curb.
If the car can choose for me the correct selection, this would be so cool.

Note: Something quite amusing to do when maneuvering is to select N while the car is still moving forward.
The car then stop by itself and restart backward without having to do anything !!!

Coming from a car with manual stick shift, maneuvering and parking with a Tesla is as simple as saying 'Hi!', especially in a very slanted street.