Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During my quest for the energy app
Sadly it appears it will be a futile quest. Oh well. Other possible methods outlined above if you wish. Somewhat less direct and more time-consuming unfortunately. Still just as accurate though, for establishing the lower bound of capacity (unless Tesla has changed their overall philosophy of range & capacity display, which I doubt).

Last edited:
UI for AutoShift

First pic is when you get in the car and it asks you to tap the brake. Once you do that, it engaged hold and tells you the way it thinks it is going--the manual slider also pops us on the main screen in case you want to override.

IMG_0866.jpeg

IMG_0868.jpeg

Sadly it appears it will be a futile quest. Oh well. Other possible methods outlined above if you wish. Somewhat less direct and more time-consuming unfortunately. Still just as accurate though (unless Tesla has changed their overall philosophy of range display, which I doubt).
I am super curious, but probably will not get to it until tomorrow--thx for the pointers.

I am super curious, but probably will not get to it until tomorrow--thx for the pointers.
Cool. Up to you. It's really just confirming the approximate ~103kWh number hopefully. If you use the charging method, just be careful to not unplug the car from the charger before switching between energy and distance mode to gather the two numbers. I THINK it preserves the information on the display, even after the charge is complete (not sure about that; I rarely pay attention to those details unless I'm doing this sort of thing which I never do anymore!). Unplugging the car clears that information (irrecoverable) though.

Does that give you any indication on battery size?
Dividing 100 mi by 33kwh is 3.03 mi/KwH. Dividing 348 by 3.03 indicates 114.85kwh battery. Question is whether the 33kwh per 100 miles includes charging losses. If so then the battery would be smaller since 33kwh charged would result in a smaller usable charge and higher range per mile of usable charge.

@omarsultan How is driving with the new 1/2 steering wheel yoke? Just watched Brooks' video and even he's like "wow, this thing may take some time getting used to...seems a bit awkward as it seems to behave just like a regular steering wheel."
I’ll give you my two cents. It takes a little getting used to. If you haven’t set it to your desired location it can make tired arms. Turning is fine. Don’t even thing about driving with your knees. Won’t happen with the straight part at the bottom, not possible. One handed driving is fine for the most part. When I have driven it, my hands are always moving around trying to find a more comfortable place, they are too used to a round wheel. It’s different but in a week it will be second nature I’m sure

I don't believe you can use media in the back seat (Netflix, Hulu) for your passengers. Owners manual says it only works when car is in park. This is a real bummer, what is the point of rear screen entertainment that can only be used in Park. That needs to be updated.
That's really weird. The entertainment stuff more generally is weird. For example, I love playing video games, but I have no desire to play video games in the car. Games like Witcher III are especially strange because they take dozens of hours.

I always figured that the entertainment stuff was to entertain passengers. But if you can't use it for that purpose, I'm at a loss.

BTW -- I'm curious: Is there a video game controller that comes with the car?

I’ll give you my two cents. It takes a little getting used to. If you haven’t set it to your desired location it can make tired arms. Turning is fine. Don’t even thing about driving with your knees. Won’t happen with the straight part at the bottom, not possible. One handed driving is fine for the most part. When I have driven it, my hands are always moving around trying to find a more comfortable place, they are too used to a round wheel. It’s different but in a week it will be second nature I’m sure
Admittedly, I often drive with my knee. Ruh roh! I have to wonder if for those new MS Plaid/LR owners who are super unhappy about the new 1/2 steering wheel yoke...if you request it, will Tesla swap out the steering wheel for a regular round steering wheel at some point? I doubt it, but the option would be nice.

Reactions: HumanInput
Yeah I wondered the same thing, however they are definitely not the 4680 cells as the range is not the 520 miles mentioned months ago.

Ooh good, conspiracy hat on!
He wouldn't say because the technology hasn't been approved for use yet.
The 25 cars are using prototype batteries. Once the specifications are finalized they will be recalled and given the permanent batteries.
They are going to have a battery reveal soon and so he didn't want to blow the secret.
The battery stickers are nowhere to be found, don't talk about the batteries.

Or they don't understand the fuss.
Or they still sandbagging the range and an update will unlock additional range on the 4680 cells that lie beneath these delivered cars?

Clearly I’m still in denial.

Admittedly, I often drive with my knee. Ruh roh! I have to wonder if for those new MS Plaid/LR owners who are super unhappy about the new 1/2 steering wheel yoke...if you request it, will Tesla swap out the steering wheel for a regular round steering wheel at some point? I doubt it, but the option would be nice.
If I could get a switch I’d think about it at this moment. In another week I might be over it tho. Yes, I knee drive a lot. Haha

It does. There is no ambiguity. You should use MPGe though since it is three significant figures rather than 2, though. 😉

The vehicle constant looks like it's in the 290s Wh/mi. We'll see though. No need to guess.
Just wondering, what’s the source of that information? I understand MPGe although it’s not relevant in how far your car will go on a charge. It certainly makes sense charging losses would be included in the 100mi/KwH calculation but I’m not certain charging losses are standard across all platforms so it would seem hard to estimate.

So has anyone figured out why all the cars at the Fremont lots are sitting? Are they sellable vehicles? If so, that is a few hundred that would go out in addition to the new production Elon discussed.

I know some were missing pieces parts but surely some can ship. We should not be starting from scratch today.

the Gabe flyover showed many with missing center consoles, so...