Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@omarsultan not sure if you have already answered this question, but was wondering your thoughts on ride comfort/quality and handling characteristics? Is it as comfortable as other full size luxury sedans? Also, how much body roll is there in general driving (not at the limit) ? Thanks again for your contributions!
Funny you should ask--this is how I spent part of my afternoon. :)

I think it handled really well on the road for a performance sedan--the low CoG, good chassis dynamics, active suspension and large contact patch all contribute to a fun driving experience on winding back roads. You are not going to overcome physics and be able to throw it into a corner like a 911 and dynamics likely suffer from using an air suspension, but I think for most folks, its a well handling car.

B8B178A1-86F4-45DF-B798-2C5AD2C38569-xl__04067.1578931370.jpg

Made a Supercharging stop--was only a 120 kW charger, so did not test speed yet--that is on the to do list. Here is the data:

• Started: 44% / 170 miles
  • Ended: 79% / 310 miles
  • Per Tessie, I added 35.2 kWh
Now, Tesla and my Monroney sticker both state a range of 348. But 170 miles / 0.44 = 386 miles and 310 miles / 0.79 = 392 miles, which implies either the rated miles algorithm is off or Tesla is sand-bagging.

Meanwhile, 35.2 kWh / 0.35 = 100 kWh which would be the usable pack with the expectation that there is a buffer beyond that.

I feel like there is more to the battery pack in these beasts--Elon & Co are being very circumspect and that does not make much sense.
What is the kW from 44% to 79%?

Lot of concern with the safety of the yoke so I decided to drive into work(and it’s massive empty parking lots) and try a few ‘emergency’s’. My conclusion is that at anything over 30mph turning the wheel 180° (Keeping hands where they were) results in a pretty violent turn. More than most turns auto crossing. Love to hear Omar’s thoughts. I still think the yoke is unnecessary but I don’t feels it is dangerous. Humans are very adaptable, anyone ever participate in the tests they love to give in college by the physiology students. They put you in a pair off goggles that shifts everything 30° to one side and then have you make free throws. Started out ridiculous but in 15 minutes we were making shots. Removed the goggles and rubbish again for about 10 minutes. I may not love the yoke but I have little doubt I would adapt. The question of wether we should have to adapt is a different question.

Hi, I have a little bit some difficulty to catch up this thread...
As soon I reached reading a current page, at least two more pages pop up.

Also, while Elon Musk and Franz von Holzhausen made a very enthusiastic presentation
(compared to the Ford presentation few weeks ago) there was not too much details
about the new enhancements, in particular regarding the new chassis and battery.

So, could someone summarize what type of battery, and the capacity of it, will be used,
and also does the front and the rear chassis will use the new casting?

Also what would be the range at 200 MpH, and what kind of tires could be used?

No lie, seeing these new VINs come up made me squeee out loud. You'd think I was getting mine! Awesome to see more people getting theirs. Congrats
Thanks. Is the vehicle already having 23 miles on it normal. If it because it was used a delivery day event, used and has a founders plaid badge that would be amazing.

Reactions: Faithless